EP6 anti pollution fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > General Discussion
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-12, 09:34 AM   #1

Default EP6 anti pollution fault

help please!
i have got major problems with 207 with 1.6 EP6 engine. Basically keeps coming up with p0341 (inlet cyl ref sensor signal coherance fault) and lacking in power (no vvt) and motorised butterfly in downgraded mode but not limp mode.
I have carried out info flash relating to sensor (replacement and wiring mod) but no fix. Have checked tension of timing chain to find chain had stretched. Have replaced timing chain, tensioner and all guides but stil no fix. have checked target wheel on inlet cam for faults and have compared to another ep6 vehicle. both at same angle when engine timed up using locking kit.
I
have contacted peugeot technical for advice, they told me to replace inlet camshaft dephaser as was known fault. recheck my timing (which was correct) check for wiring faults to ecu (all ok and no faults in loom or connectors).

i have found that the cam cover is distorted and has incresed the air gap on inl sensor so have corrected this but stil fault persists. technical advised me to send ecu away for testing, returned with no fault found.
i have used osiliscope to check pattern of inl sensor and found is getting a voltage spike on all 3 of the square waves (some bigger than others). Technical advised is coherance/interferance and should look for cause. found spark plugs cracking and causing some of spike. replaced plugs and rechecked. spike still there but not as big. traced injector harness wiring for faults but none found. have swapped coils of doner vehicle but stil faulty.

THIS CAR IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!
anybody got any ideas of what to suggest. Peugeot technical have now given up and are telling me that a DTR visit is required but i want to fix this myself.
last 8 of chassis is 33741370 if anyone can help me out??
Chris00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.