depollution system faulty :( had the car a week! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > General Discussion
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sialdo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-12, 09:51 AM   #1

Default depollution system faulty :( had the car a week!

i have bought a used 07 peugeot 207 hdi 1.6 110 bhp sport

it had 48k milage and had been fully serviced throught its life, i was driving on the motorway the other day and i had ' warning depollution system faulty' and engine light came on ( i also lost power so i pulled over and started to panick. after calling my dad i started it with the lights back on how ever it drove like normal, i was in leeds and had to drive home to wigan which is 50 miles and it was driving fine home.

does any one know what this could be? iv got a basic warrenty for 6 months that i need to claim on ( i bought the car from a garage not to close to my home)

im quite worried, the engine warning is on all the time since this happend and the depollution message has come on every time. however since the inital warning and loss of power it has worked like normal and has coverd a few miles with it on due to being so far from home and i had no choice but to drive it.

any thoughts ?
robwigan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-01-12, 10:57 AM   #2

I have had this in my 206 1.6hdi 110 before (just once).

I was advised to go on a long (30miles) steady speed (50mph+) run in order to help clear the FAP that the car has. It did work, and since the message hasn't popped up again (this was about a month ago).
adam_w_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-12, 11:45 AM   #3

I'm relatively new to the forum, however I already recognise that this is quite a common fault amongst the peugeot owners.

Might be worth completing some deeper searching to see if you can find any relevant posts.
jmkent likes this.
sialdo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-01-12, 12:25 PM   #4

You really need fault codes read with peugeot planet then once you have codes plenty on here can help check the map who has planet near you and can helpfor a drink .
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.