Peugeot Forums banner

Bye Bye 307....had fun while it lasted

50K views 84 replies 19 participants last post by  kemploe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, just to let you all know i had a serious accident involving my car on the moor road entering whitby....the car is a right off...after i flipped it 3 times...i was very lucky to escape with no scratches or bruises. when i looked at the car anyone in the passanger seat would have been killed out right, as a wooden post is impaled into head rest and a post was 3 inches from my face...still quite shaken up but ok...on the plus side the safety in the 307 is outstanding only concern is...why the fuck didnt my drivers airbag go off....i might get a peugeot as a replacement...but otherwise i think its a departure for me:( but ill still linger around helping those with leds etc....:thumb:

what scared me the most was that, the ambulance and police thought they would have been attending a roadside death....:eek:

G
#3 ·
Blimey! Glad you're ok. That plucky little 307 died protecting you from any harm in a nasty sounding accident. It takes a car with soul and character to die like that :(

Front airbags only fire over a very narrow set of parameters. A certain speed, font impact within a couple of degrees of head on, the car level, etc, etc. If it pings off inappropriately in an accident it ca kill you by smashing you into the door etc if the impact isn't within a degree or two of dead head on etc.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, how did you know i was looking at getting a skoda :lol: octavias are nice :D that explains the front airbags then :thumb: just aswell they didnt go off. im going to get loads of photos of the car upright when i go to look at it and gather some kit out of it. will upload them...everyone has been saying i was very lucky to get out alive...

G
#5 ·
Bloody hell boyo that sounds crazy, glad your ok though and the car did its job in protecting you

I dare say in something like a saxo or another car equally as tin cannish then the outcome would have been very different :eek: :eek:

Stick around though even if you desert the pugs, been good having you on here especially as it was you that started the blue dash league going!! :)

G
#8 ·
Holy f*ck!!!

You can see how it earns a 4 star though as luckily the door pillars and roof didnt buckle much at all, i dont even think ncap test for rollover do they?

Still cant beleive it though thats absolutely crazy! :eek:

G
#12 ·
I've never claimed myself, just been told a lot of stories so not sure how these things go!

I always thought legal protection was to cover court costs, lawyers, incase an accident goes to court involving a 3rd party??

Anyone care to enlighten us? :confused:

#13 ·
just rang the agent up, they were very helpful they passed me on to the legal guys who are going to do all the legal work, if someone claims damages etc, and then they passed me on to my claims department who are going to make this a priority and will contact me with an offer...if i receive any letter from the garden center owner/land owner i have to forward this on to the legal and claims for them to deal with....just a waiting game now apparently

#15 ·
yeah its how i was taught how to do things...if your not going to do it properly, don't do it at all :lol: im just waiting now to hear from the insurance company and offer me a shit amount...been told to decline first offer all the time :lol:

#16 ·
Glad your ok john,bet that was a bit scary wasnt it.

that'll be why the road was closed the other day then, i heard it on real-radio that there'd been a serious accident. main thing is no-one was hurt or killed, the rest is just money

#17 ·
yeah there has been a few accidents there like...the road was still open for me as people could still get past (lucky i was found - had to bash the horn loads before someone turned up)...but there was a road death for the road closure your onna bout, which was after the roundabout towards boro. a pillion motorcyclist unfortunately lost his life and also a driver of a car as he went of the road into a tree or fence...its a terrible road which the highways rarely sort out and do not resurface or fix pot holes...but what is done is done.... a lesson learnt... and as you say atleast no one was hurt and the rest is all up to the insurance and money :lol:

#22 ·
well thats crap haha hire purchase for another £6500 :( oh well they get what i will get of the insurance and that it...can try and get more of me but they can ram it haha...

aii i will be sticking around to help those in need....

yeah i was making a guide on how to make your car look more streamline, instantaneos weight loss of loose items and go faster dents. :lol:

whilst explaining why the car has a euroncap of 4 stars, why seatbelts are fitted and adjusted properly and the use of brakes and airbags...

so... overall i succeded....just left without a car for now....

#25 ·
just got back from spain, and on the door mat a cheque from DVLA for £113 car tax refund. it started in may but with admin fees and that. i had to request the forms and send them of requesting a refund without tax disc as it magically disappeared from the car after the accident. people reckon the recovery guys nicked it to cash it in later.

also received a quote for the car and it was spot on to what was said earlier £1500. GAP insurance well happy with that and is now out of my hand V5C, MOT cert and original insurance cert sent off. not my responsiblity now.

just thought id keep yous updated.

#26 ·
cck2k9 said:
just got back from spain, and on the door mat a cheque from DVLA for £113 car tax refund. it started in may but with admin fees and that. i had to request the forms and send them of requesting a refund without tax disc as it magically disappeared from the car after the accident. people reckon the recovery guys nicked it to cash it in later.

also received a quote for the car and it was spot on to what was said earlier £1500. GAP insurance well happy with that and is now out of my hand V5C, MOT cert and original insurance cert sent off. not my responsiblity now.

just thought id keep yous updated.
Want to join me in the new 407 club? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.