308 Headlamp bulbs - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > General > General Discussion
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-10, 09:30 PM   #1

Default 308 Headlamp bulbs

How on earth do you manage to change the N/S dipped headlight bulb on a 308, its so tight to the fuse box I cannot get my hand in let alone release the spring holding the lamp in place (bad design) !!!!!
chriswhi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-10, 10:25 PM   #2

You have my sympathy, when I first got my 407, a nearside front bulb went; hour later I was still fiddling trying to get it back. I took it to the Peugeot dealer and 2 workers (a parts dept bloke and a young mechanic) helped - 15 minutes later they had it in. I asked if it would be easier to take the headlamp unit out... apparently it's not, you have to take off the front bumper to do that.

Anyhoo, mine doesn't sound as bad as yours. Can you get a web-cam on a laptop down there? I often find that seeing what's down there helps.
PureJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-10, 05:08 PM   #3

I can do it, easy. There is a knack, but it's not difficult. S'about a 2 minute job. Cover off, clips apart, grip bulb end twixt fingers, ease it out taking care not to drop it, reverse procedure. Helps to picture what you're doing in your head, so a nosey at the more accessible headlamp will be useful.

It's not bad design...we'd only moan if our small hatchbacks were 2 feet longer in order to provide space for us to get our hands in to every component.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.