Car pulling left but not tracking - advice please! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Bodyshop Techniques & Modifications
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-09, 01:04 PM   #1

Default Car pulling left but not tracking - advice please!

Hi, i bought my 307 around 2 months ago, and it was accident repaired. I know the damage was the the nearside front. The wheel on this side is visibly leaning out at the top (not stupidly, but it is noticeable), which is causing the car to pull left when driving, but the car is still perfectly drivable - just needs sorting.

I took it down to national tyres, thinking that the tracking was just desperately out. The guy told me for it to be that much out, it cant be the tracking and said he isn't going to bother checking. He suggested that it could be a bent hub and needs a new suspension arm aswell (all seemed rather specific without even taking the wheel off - and he was fairly young), so i took it to a different national tyres and didnt tell them what the previous one had said. The guy in this one suggested that it could be the wrong wishbone on it, causing it to pull the wheel in at the bottom.

I'm reluctant to dive straight in and fix what they suggested, obviously because they're not definately correct in the diagnosis and also it would get costly if its not those things.

Basically, i was wondering is it possible that the wishbone on it could be wrong. It's feasible that it had a new one put on, since that side was the one repaired. I would of thought that surely an incorrect wishbone wouldnt fit though?

Also, anyone else got any ideas what it could be?

Any help, tips, advice etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Kaycee7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-08-09, 03:56 PM   #2

Guy at National sounds a right chump! A full on four wheel alignment and geometry check (simple 'tracking' adjustments died out with the Allegro) would at the very least tell you on which corner of the car the problem was, and quite poss bily even which component.

Most likely fault is wishbone or the track rod (but could even be as profound as a bent chassis leg) but TBH I'd look at taking the car back and leaning on the seller for a refund if the car is that bad straight off the forecourt.
chopper1192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-09, 01:02 AM   #3

Cheers for replying chopper! I bought the car privately, so no refund option. The guy did say though that there was no chassis damage at all (admittedly could have been lying - but he was honest about other stuff).

I know the corner of the car that the problem is in, as its visible. Its the nearside passenger one. U can see it leaning out at the top of the wheel. The 2nd National Tyres guy had said only a wrong wishbone could cause it to lean so far, and u mentioned u think it could be the wishbone - so is it possible it has the wrong one on?... or is that impossible? If its possible i might try changing just that, because its possibly the least expensive.

I dont think that its the track rod because the bent-ness is always at the top, and there is no give or play there.
Kaycee7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-09, 09:48 AM   #4

Several different bottom arms are available, so it wouldn't surprise me if they'd somehow managed to bodge on the wrong one.

I think you need to have that corner apart and inspect each component and all the bushes, which are also commonly problematic on the 206 and can cause pulling.
Old 01-01-10, 08:50 PM   #5

Default Car pulling left but not tracking advice please

my right highbeam is a lot stronger than my left one...i know its normal for the left headlight to be a little lower but i dont think thats the case here..what do you guys think? is this normal?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION

PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD - THANKYOU

MODERATOR !!!!!!!!!!
CypeChusype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-09-10, 10:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaycee7
I know the corner of the car that the problem is in, as its visible. Its the nearside passenger one. U can see it leaning out at the top of the wheel.
I had a similar problem with my first 806, I bought it Accident Damaged and repaired it myself. Chassis was straight as a die, but the tyre wasn't sitting right.... the same as yours, I changed the wish bone but it was still the same, the only thing I could think of was the strut was very slightly bent. Bought a new one and compared it with the original once I removed it from the car and it was only bent by a mm or 2 at the most, thats enough to make a visible difference when on the car. I popped the new one on and problem solved.
Old 06-11-10, 12:15 PM   #7

Could be that your wishbone is bent. Mine was, which pulled the bottom of the wheel in. Mond, my steering arm and track rod end were bent as well.

All sorted now though!!
jonnycatbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.