Settings for Sat Nav 3008 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Audio (Sound) and Multimedia
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-10, 11:31 AM   #1

Default Settings for Sat Nav 3008

Hello all,

Took delivery of my new 3008 just before Christmas and gotta say am really pleased with it.!!

Only niggles I have are with the sat nav / stereo unit. To say the instructions for this are poor is an understatement
It makes reference to settings but not what they do.? I have a button on the end of the indicator stalk which up
Until last weekend didn’t have a clue what it did ( it repeats the last voice command when the sat nav is on)

Anyway the unit, the colour “Peugeot connect RNEG” with Bluetooth, comes with traffic updates which you can view
manually either on your intended route or within A certain area of your position, I was lead to believe these would link
with the sat nav and ask if I wanted to re-route? Also are the settings for this the “traffic independent” or “semi dynamic”
options when entering a route? if so how do they Work the book only mentions them not actually how to set them up?

Cheers for any help on the above guys.

Mark
number3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-01-10, 02:35 PM   #2

Angry SatNav - poor instructions

Mark.

I agree that the instructions for the 3008's SatNav are very poor. You just have to experiment and persevere - you'll get there in the end! I think you need the semi-dynamic setting to give you the traffic alerts and option to re-route, but beware it seems to take quite a while to recalculate a route.

Thanks for the tip about the repeat of last direction by pushing the indicator stalk button - that's a new one to me too. In fact, I still get confused by the buttons on the ends of the stalks.

Oh, and how I wish the kit gave verbal warnings of approaching speed cameras like my TomTom does...

Keep smiling!
Mike
keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-05-10, 10:09 AM   #3

I have a new 3008 too.

You can download safety cameras at

peugeot-connect-downloads.co.uk

Has anyone worked out how to set the HOME position?

Andy
jet_andy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-10, 11:40 AM   #4

Default Setting home location

This really foxed me too but have found out that if you load/import contacts into your address book on the car with their address you can then go in a set one of them as Home.

Think you have to have the address saved on the phone first and then import it.

I'm struggling to use the voice comand system. I have the Media Navigation system and the instructions say the push to talk button is the * but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone got this working?
3008 driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-11, 01:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_andy
You can download safety cameras at peugeot-connect-downloads.co.uk

>>> This option is no longer available. I called but was told I had to obtain the upgrade via my dealer. I'm still waiting for a reply from them - anyone have an alternative please?

Has anyone worked out how to set the HOME position?

>>> Me too please Can anyone walk me through the process?

Andy
Many thanks, Howard
Howard Toon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-11, 01:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3008 driver
This really foxed me too but have found out that if you load/import contacts into your address book on the car with their address you can then go in a set one of them as Home.

Think you have to have the address saved on the phone first and then import it.

I'm struggling to use the voice comand system. I have the Media Navigation system and the instructions say the push to talk button is the * but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone got this working?
>>> Can you walk me through setting the 'Home' page please? I just can't seem to find it.
Old 23-04-11, 10:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Toon View Post
>>> Can you walk me through setting the 'Home' page please? I just can't seem to find it.
Hi, try this:
Nav / Navigation Menu / enter destination / choose from address book / address book menu / add entry
it will ask to give the destination a name, call it HOME, enter your address and save, after that, whaen you want to navigate to your Home, go to
Nav / Navigation Menu / enter destination / choose from address book
and your Home location will be there, you can add 1000 addresses.

Hope this help

Regards
m3mpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-11, 12:49 PM   #8

Default Setting 'Home'

Hi guys

I did, eventually, crack this. It was the business of adding items to the address list first that I was missing - I was trying to find a way to do it directly.

Howard
Old 27-08-12, 04:02 PM   #9

Default safety Cameras

this is a useful link for updating one's SD card https://peugeot.navigation.com/
kboyatvenn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-04-13, 02:46 PM   #10

Hi,
I have a 5008 with the RNEG colour SatNav (Version rneg_D_R29a_R29.01), and am struggling with some of the settings, too. Can anyone help with the following:-
Did the Semi Dynamic button work for re-routing?
My hand book also states that you can add a Stopover once a route has been set, but I cannot see anywhere on the screen where you can set this - has anyone got this function working?
The SatNav lost its position a couple of weeks ago aroung the M25 - it showed me about a mile or so away from my actual position - has this happened to anyone else?
Hoping for some answers to these from you guys out there!!
Thanks
kw1956 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.