How do I disable the ECO MODE? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Tuning & Modifications > Audio (Sound) and Multimedia
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-07, 12:46 AM   #1

Default How do I disable the ECO MODE?

Hi everyone, I'm new here...

This is rather annoying. Whenever I turn off my car (2005 Peugeot 206) but leave the radio on, after a couple of minutes it goes into ECO MODE, the radio turns off and the only way to turn it on again is to start the engine . Is there any way to disable this?
Hetfield is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-07, 02:44 PM   #2
Peugeot Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield
Hi everyone, I'm new here...

This is rather annoying. Whenever I turn off my car (2005 Peugeot 206) but leave the radio on, after a couple of minutes it goes into ECO MODE, the radio turns off and the only way to turn it on again is to start the engine . Is there any way to disable this?
The eco mode is there to protect the car and its components,not advisable to remove or tamper with.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-08-07, 11:55 PM   #3

Why not?
Old 01-09-07, 02:11 AM   #4

Because it is there to protect the battery and always allow you to start your car regardless. It will save you the hassle of a flat battery.

I have found a solution to the eco mode cut off/ Press the dark button on the LCD interface/radio this should give your at least an hour stereo time instead of the 20 minutes at present.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-09-07, 03:51 AM   #5

All I want is to be able to turn on the radio without having to start the engine again. What exactly does that button do?
Old 18-09-07, 12:58 PM   #6

Wink

The dark buttom press twiced will black out the lcd screen, which should extend the econo time by at least another 20 minutes-depending on the current battery positon. Couldn't agree with you more about the eco mode!

Having said that, The economy mode operates as follows
Ignition off - car goes to economy mode and stereo shuts down incl interior lights, when the car is started the battery will charge but if you quickly shut the engine off again economy mode will activate as the battery charge is still insufficient.

Also if you leave the accessories lights on and are in the car the car will still go to economy mode, so you cannot listen to the stereo at all if the battery charge is below the multiplexe's desired set level.

Hope this helps, trust me it's annoying but it's something you will have to live with as these cars are the most technologically advanced pieces of automotive machinery available.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-09-07, 04:20 PM   #7
Peugeot Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc

Hope this helps, trust me it's annoying but it's something you will have to live with as these cars are the most technologically advanced pieces of automotive machinery available.
You got that right,fantastic when they are behaving themselves,other times.....................
Old 22-09-07, 05:53 PM   #8

So there is no way to keep the radio on without starting the engine

Double clicking the dark button turns off/on the lcd screen, got it.
Old 22-09-07, 07:56 PM   #9
Peugeot Mod

Not if you want to listen to your radio for a longer period of time NO.
Old 10-08-08, 07:25 PM   #10

Default Eco light with regards to a water pump change 206 HDI

I'm working on a Peugeot 1.4 HDI 2003 After changing the water pump via removing the timing and fan belts, the engine has failed to start (fire). The engine turns over but fails to fire. I believe this is in relation to THE ECONAMY ALERT being displayed on the digital dashboard display. I have tried different batteries, jump starting and chicking all fuses. Along with removing the S1 fuse in an attempt to 'reset' the vehicle's 'memory'. Please help, i'm running out of ideas.
charlie23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.