Rear door will not unlock or open??? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 607
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-10, 03:36 PM   #1

Default Rear door will not unlock or open???

Hiya all.
First post so please be gentle with me.....
Not a mechanic by any means but do have a bit of common sense and can change oil, plugs etc lol.
The rear door on my 607 will not release and open. I have had the interior trim off and tried to get to the lock but with no joy. I have tried disconnecting the battery for a while and cannot seem to get the lock to disengage.
Any idea's lads please?

Many thanks.
Mick.
essexcabbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-10, 05:33 PM   #2

There's a discussion HEREon locked doors. I take it that the childproof locks are switched off.
PureJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-10, 11:26 AM   #3

Thanks for that mate, doesn't sound easy does it!! The child locks are off and the door was working fine. All the rods etc seem to be working as well as the handle mechanism but the lock just won't release. Makes my life a real pain as i'm a cabbie & try telling a 18 year old who's had 6 pints that he has toget in the other side!! lol
Any other suggestions lads or better still, any one local'ish that fancies a challenge??
Mick

Old 11-06-10, 04:26 PM   #4

This might help: 607 rear door mechanism.
Attached Thumbnails
607reardoor.jpg  
Old 12-06-10, 11:35 AM   #5

Many thanks again mate.
I have had the hinges off and tried moving the door about but it just seems that the locking mechanism is stuck. All the rods seem to be working ok and you can hear the lock mechanism working when you operate the central locking etc but it just will not budge.
I just cannot see how I'm going to get the door open???
Old 12-06-10, 01:16 PM   #6

A few thoughts:

In the thread on the other site, someone did suggest that the door might have dropped slightly; this would have an effect on the lock trying to release. Is there any chance that this has happened? Perhaps looking at the gap beneath the door would give a clue?

In the same post (and this is a last resort) there is some mention of cutting out a panel around the lock.

Another thing might be that the lock has loosened and dropped slightly.

The sound of central locking operating may be deceptive - this is usually the solenoid operating. If the solenoid is not attached to anything, the same noise will be heard - it's just that nothing is really happening.

What about pulling the handle, jamming it fully open with a piece of wood wrapped in soft cloth and trying the central locking?

If you have managed to get off the inner door trim, can you physically move the rods? Do they appear to be attached to anything?

With the trim off, do you see any clues when the central locking is operated?

I noticed a week ago on my 407 that the rear handle was very stiff. Penetrating oil did the job. Perhaps an application of this to all moving parts you can reach?
Old 21-04-12, 05:33 PM   #7

Question Driver side rear door

Hi,
A few weeks ago the driver side rear door of my 607 stopped working. The locks on the other doors work fine (bar the electrics of the boot..).
Nothing happened to the door, it opened fine when dropping a relative home and when I arrived home it wouldn't open.
When you pull on the handle there is no resistance at all. We have tried pulling and pushing etc but nothing works. I'm hoping from reading this thread that maybe its just a problem with a rod becoming detached.
I cant work out how to access the mechanism while the door is stuck shut though. How do I get the inner trim off? Do I have to cut into it??
I have my test in a couple of weeks so I have to get it sorted so any advice would be greatfully received!
Arell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 06:46 AM   #8

Default Doow wont open

Did you have any success with door, I have the same problem.
Let me know how you got it open

Thank you
Harvey
rikenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.