607 Se 2.2 (2001) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 607
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-09, 07:17 PM   #1

Default 607 Se 2.2 (2001)

Hi everyone, I
need some help, my friend is selling a Peugeot 607 SE 2.2 16V (2001), with 55000 miles for £ 1850, but the car is showing a warning sign ASR/ESP faulty on the dash panel and the ESP switch is flashing, also the passenger electric mirror can be operated from the driver control console and the passenger electric window has some fault that the mechanism doesn't let you close it once it's opened. Would you buy this car? Do you reckon it will cost me a lot to fix these problems? Please help Iím so confuse. What do you think about this car?

Many thanks
Manuelwt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-02-09, 11:16 AM   #2

£1850 what do you expect
adam01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-02-09, 07:48 PM   #3

I know i could expect much more from that price, but would you buy it? I meant, is this a good car in terms of engine and reliability?
Old 14-02-09, 02:15 PM   #4

Scottcruz could you advice me as an expert and wise member of this forum??
Old 15-02-09, 07:15 PM   #5

As an owner of a 2001 607 I just want to advise you to never ever ever but one of these machines they will bbreak your heart again and again and again i cant ever begin to list the problems I've had with mine!
Iamtony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-02-09, 06:53 PM   #6

Really?! wow i think im not gonna get it then, anyone can confirm this too?
Old 17-02-09, 02:03 PM   #7

trust me mate! I know there a lovely car and there is a certain pleasure to owning one but there just not worth it. Here is a post I left on another peugeot website outlining my problems and since then the Traction control had gone the motor for the light levelers has gone. there just not worth it!

Hi There,

I was wondering is anyone can share some knowledge about chaging the plugs on a V6 607. the front three are fine but the back three seem inpossible to get at.

Anyway a little about my life with the 607(2001) 3.0v6 SE Auto with most extras including sunroof and phone built in(only thing I dont have is the colour display or sat nav)

I have the car 2 years now and loved it at first, then I became a Taxi driver in Ireland last march and the car isn't quite up to the job!!

everything that has gone wrong with the car in the past two years:
Coils needed replacing on spark plugs luckily the warranty cover this!

Window regulators went on 3 windows all replaced under warranty but two have gone since the warranty was up and now the windows need a helping hand going up!

mirrors open only when they feel like doing so!

Hid bulb blew 180Euro from the main dealer I got one second hand luckily enough! P.S there easy to fit and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

Radiator cracked right across the top about 400 for a new one( I got it rebuilt)

Auto Gearbox stopped working! Peugeot wouldn't even bother getting me a price for one! I was lucky enough to get a second hand one.

Has gone through about 6 sets of brake pads( brembo system) very hard to get non original ones although if you would like the Quintin hasel part number just ask! I dont use them I use originals at 135.00euro a pop because they dont squeek as much.

have gone through lots of tyres 180.00euros east for originals( Pirelli P7's)

drop links needed changing

Lower ball joint gone at the moment( any help on how to fit these would be great my service guide says they take 3.5 hours each side to change.

track rod end needed replacing.

Knocking in suspension which isn't related to any of the above whilst car goes over bump and turning at same time.

Airbag light constanly on.

esp/asr or whatever light come on every once in a while

The list goes on and on and on. Im sure I'll think of another few things later!

But for some strange reason I dont want to get rid of my lovely big comfy peugeot surely everything that could go wrong has gone wrong...Right?
Iamtony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-02-09, 07:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamtony
trust me mate! I know there a lovely car and there is a certain pleasure to owning one but there just not worth it. Here is a post I left on another peugeot website outlining my problems and since then the Traction control had gone the motor for the light levelers has gone. there just not worth it!

Hi There,

I was wondering is anyone can share some knowledge about chaging the plugs on a V6 607. the front three are fine but the back three seem inpossible to get at.

Anyway a little about my life with the 607(2001) 3.0v6 SE Auto with most extras including sunroof and phone built in(only thing I dont have is the colour display or sat nav)

I have the car 2 years now and loved it at first, then I became a Taxi driver in Ireland last march and the car isn't quite up to the job!!

everything that has gone wrong with the car in the past two years:
Coils needed replacing on spark plugs luckily the warranty cover this!

Window regulators went on 3 windows all replaced under warranty but two have gone since the warranty was up and now the windows need a helping hand going up!

mirrors open only when they feel like doing so!

Hid bulb blew 180Euro from the main dealer I got one second hand luckily enough! P.S there easy to fit and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

Radiator cracked right across the top about 400 for a new one( I got it rebuilt)

Auto Gearbox stopped working! Peugeot wouldn't even bother getting me a price for one! I was lucky enough to get a second hand one.

Has gone through about 6 sets of brake pads( brembo system) very hard to get non original ones although if you would like the Quintin hasel part number just ask! I dont use them I use originals at 135.00euro a pop because they dont squeek as much.

have gone through lots of tyres 180.00euros east for originals( Pirelli P7's)

drop links needed changing

Lower ball joint gone at the moment( any help on how to fit these would be great my service guide says they take 3.5 hours each side to change.

track rod end needed replacing.

Knocking in suspension which isn't related to any of the above whilst car goes over bump and turning at same time.

Airbag light constanly on.

esp/asr or whatever light come on every once in a while

The list goes on and on and on. Im sure I'll think of another few things later!

But for some strange reason I dont want to get rid of my lovely big comfy peugeot surely everything that could go wrong has gone wrong...Right?

lol.. you have oure scared the wee guy off...

It has problem like every other car, so they are not specific to Peugoet or 607. The trouble we have is shite aftersales service from Peugeot.. No one is trained to fix it and this is were problem lies.. In paris, took my car to a dealer and the wee mechanic knew exactly what was wrong and hola sorted..

as far as the car is concern Manuelwt, its not bad price.. however 55000 miles and the price and everything else makes me think that the car has been clocked..

first of all ESP/ASR light or Anti Pollution should not come on before 80,000 miles if it does then the mileage is incorrect..

Personally I would stay away from this car.. you can get decent 607 for uto £2500 these due to credit crunch lol...

sorry been away so couldnt reply.. hope you have not bought it lol.. if you have then its £550 to get the particle filter changed and re-generated and then a new door switch £150 plus labour.. total cost around £750.
Scotcruz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-02-09, 08:15 PM   #9

Thanks for your answer Scottcruz!

As far as I know the car hasn't been clocked, it has full service from peugeot garages upto 50000 miles, the thing is that i could not resit it and... i've bought it , i hope no regret it. at the moment everything goes smooth as silk, only had to repair the passenger wing mirror (Im gonna replace it by myself, if i find out how to take the mirror glass off of its plastic cover without breaking it ) and the ESP/ASR fault which could be the sensors. Apart from that im very happy about this car, very powerful and comfortable. let's see how long it last .

Thanks guys for your advice anyway, I appreciated it
Old 21-02-09, 08:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuelwt
Thanks for your answer Scottcruz!

As far as I know the car hasn't been clocked, it has full service from peugeot garages upto 50000 miles, the thing is that i could not resit it and... i've bought it , i hope no regret it. at the moment everything goes smooth as silk, only had to repair the passenger wing mirror (Im gonna replace it by myself, if i find out how to take the mirror glass off of its plastic cover without breaking it ) and the ESP/ASR fault which could be the sensors. Apart from that im very happy about this car, very powerful and comfortable. let's see how long it last .

Thanks guys for your advice anyway, I appreciated it
nae worries, if you have bought it then dont regret.. the ESP/ASR fault is not as easy as the sensor but good luck..

the wing mirror is easy to take off.. you dont need to take the plastic off (but if you, you need to take the mirror out first, move it right up and use a thin screwdriver to unclip the mirror glass first, this will give you access to the plastic.)

To take the wing mirror off, you need to first unscrew the door control window switch then unclip the plastic near the door handle and then unclip the door card. then you will see a triangluar plastic, exactly adjacent to the mirror, one screw, un screw it and the mirror is off..

let us know if you need any help..

a tip, check if all fans are working ok.. the resistors are known to show an open circuit which causes the problem too..
Scotcruz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.