508sw pulling to left. Not tracking. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 508
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-17, 02:49 PM   #1

Default 508sw pulling to left. Not tracking.

Hi there.
Recent purchase a 2012 508sw done 120k 1.9

When I first picked it up immediately thought was pulling to the left (I got for cheapish price for private sale) anyway thought would just be tracking.

Had tracking done at a few places still same problem. Car looks fine underneath nothing obviously wrong although 1 side of the bars that connect to front left hub looked newer than other (sorry don't know the names for things)

The guy at the place I went to said it was likely a problem with the electric steering senor maybe needs to be calibrated? Adjusted? Or a new one ?
Anyone have any ideas how I can check this without paying silly dealer costs. Is it simply a case of plugging it into puegeot plannet and telling the car that the steering wheel is straight?

Any help much appreciated.
Lester
Lester8436 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-17, 03:11 PM   #2

Steering sensor is a possibility but not sure planet can do anything about it not sure if the steering angle sensor the ESP uses is also used by the steering its more likely a sensor on the rack somewhere.
Old 12-03-17, 10:53 AM   #3

Try swapping the front tyres around and see if it still pulls in the same direction... if the problem now moves to the other side, then its obviously the tyre - I have seen this happen before.
antony508 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-17, 11:11 AM   #4

I had a worn tyre on front left (part of reason I suspected tracking) all other tyres were fine and same brand. the guy didn't have same in stock so he swapped rear tyre to front left and put different tire on rear... still the same.

This morning jacked front of car up and both wheels span fairly freely.... so guess it's not a sticking brake ?

Thanks for the help.
Lester
Old 15-03-17, 03:35 PM   #5

Default Same Issue

Hey Lester, I have the exact same issue, tracking is fine but cars slightly pulling left so the steering isn't completely straight
Nubooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-03-17, 03:44 PM   #6

90% sure problem is down to a sensor somewhere with electric steering If you get yours diagnosed/fixed keep me informed. Likewise I will.
Lester
Old 15-03-17, 07:10 PM   #7

i had a 64 plate nissan leaf do this here is what i did to find the cause

1, get it on a hunters machine to check geometry
2, swap front to back tires, if the problem now changes to the other side then your tires are worn uneven. now you need to find out of its the front or back if thats the case.
3, i changed 2 tires it did not fix it, so i then put them 2 tires that was taken off on the other 2 and it fixed it.
4. this told me it was my rear axle causing the tires to wear uneven.
5. i found out my axle was faulty and it took me 6 months for nissan to replace it and pay for new tires i fitted.
Old 20-03-17, 12:02 PM   #8

Thanks, I will check for axle problems in a couple of months when service comes around, tyres and brake pads will need replacing about then too so can just save up for a big service instead of bits and bobs
Nubooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-17, 06:47 PM   #9

Update.
So I've had hunter 4 wheel tracking done (was massively out)
Swapped tyres around etc
Got 2 new front tyres also
Anyway problem still persists although not as bad.
To go in strait line (on motorway for example) steering wheel has to be held at about 5 degrees to the right (just into the resistance of the steering) if that makes sense
It's like steering wheel is not centered correctly.

Does anyone know if pp/diagbox can do anything as in change where it thinks dead ahead is?
Old 18-04-17, 06:54 PM   #10

Mines the same. V s pull to the left. Tracking and tyre wear is fine, I haven't worried.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.