Particle filter additive level too low - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-09, 04:33 PM   #1

Default Particle filter additive level too low

Hi new to this forum getting the above message, i have been quoted silly money by peugoet for this to be fixed. They say the sensors and filter will likely need replacing aswell as the fluid. Does anybody know anyone in the north west who may be able to solve this. Thanks.
barry 11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-07-09, 05:48 PM   #2

not difficult to fill the Eloy's tank with the fluid ( called Eloy's based on cerium ) approx 25 a litre,

copied from honest johns ( diesel additive - dieselnut
You have to go to your local friendly Citroen/Peugeot dealer. 4.5l of Eolys is approx 100, great isn't it. The plastic Eolys tank is just forward of the nearside rear wheel, next to the fuel tank. If you put the suspension to max you can just get to it, but don't forget to support the car before you venture under it. Eolys comes with all the nescessary tubes & fittings. When refilled, you will still get the warning messages until the dealer resets the computer, although the system will still be pumping the fluid ok. I don't think you can do away with the FAP unless you can find someone with the knowledge to re-programme the ECU. )
pugbod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-09, 02:13 PM   #3

PugBod - I have the same message on my 407. Did you cure the problem just by puytting in the fluid or did you have to replace the filter.

Thanks
JAECOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-09, 02:33 PM   #4

HI,i am still trying to sort out the problem,other owners say i will get away with just putting in the fluid.
Old 11-08-09, 06:10 AM   #5

There's a strong likelyhood that replenishing the fluid will sort you. The FAPs go to to a good mileage and can then be steam cleaned, although (unsurprisingly, even though they themselves chemically clean them and sell them exchange) pug don't recommend it.

Be warned - the fluid is HIGHLY corrosive and several people have found themselves in A&E as a result of skin contact. Consider doubling or tripling up on the rubber gloves for this job and be prepared to change them several times during the procedure.
chopper1192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-09, 01:10 PM   #6

I have booked my 407 to have the FAP fluid topped up tomorrow - will let you know the outcome
Old 13-08-09, 09:47 AM   #7

Local garage put the FAP fluid in (found the tank was empty) and reset the warning message. So far so good after 50 miles driving, although the mechanic did say that I may get another warning eventually about the filter needing to be replaced - fingers crossed I won't get this for a while as I belive it is an expensive job.
iceman likes this.
Old 14-08-09, 06:20 PM   #8

can you give me a idea of the cost of the refil? did you go to peugeot?
Old 14-08-09, 06:27 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Average is 150 to fill and reset, if the filter needs replacing then average 1000 , sorry.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-08-09, 12:14 PM   #10

Hi ,does anyone know the number or address of the guy in huddersfield who some people have mentioned on this fourum.cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.