SMEG+ Configuration - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 > 308 (2014+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-16, 03:50 PM   #1

Default SMEG+ Configuration

Ok Guys,

So I had some time today so decided to mess around with the SMEG_PLUS programming on the 308. I have some good news... I am one step closer.

So I have updated my Diagbox to Version v07.82 (which is also referred to as v8.18 apparently). This did involve flashing the firmware on my Lexia cable to 4.3.4 which was scary, however it seemed to work and I can still talk to my car.. So hopefully that won't cause any issues.

So before when I was on Diagbox 7.44 (which I still have on another Virtual Machine) whenever I attempted to select the SMEG+ headunit it came up with a popup window saying I needed to connect to Peugeot Servers to go any further.

Well today on v07.82 I can select the headunit, perform VIN programming and various other options.

Now when I go into 'Repair' there are 2 options.

- View and print configuration options
- Configure and display options.

If I select View and Print options it shows me everything I want to see. And its fantastic the amount of options to play with.

However when I choose configure... A popup shows up saying 'Please wait' and never does anything. I have to force quit Diagbox and start again. I'm starting to think that you need up-to-date genuine Diagbox to play with these settings. Which means going to a good dealer... And asking if you can play on their computer!!

Anyway, back to the options on the SMEG PLUS. (Sorry for the crappy photos and Toshiba product placement, I did not have a PDF printer / screenshot capability on this Virtual Machine yet).

Here you can see the first page which is about Menu options available and present / absent on the touchscreen menu. As you can see from the scroll bar there are quite a lot:

And here is a menu that I am particularly excited about, as I know a few other members are... WHAT THEMES ARE AVAILABLE ON THIS UNIT!! (about time I know).

Now at the moment I can only view these settings and not change them. But I believe that this is a software bug as there are a couple of other problems I had whilst using the latest diagbox.

My next step when I get more time is to do the update steps 1 by 1, and see if a lower version (say v7.7x) allows me to change the options on this unit.

Any help / advise / feedback is greatly appreciated. And if anyone near me happens to own a garage, or more specifically have the diagbox software that will connect to the servers (fully licensed). I will be willing to pay to change a few of these options.

Cheers all!
windshear and arnoldc like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-16, 08:31 PM   #2
Inactive User

Woww. That looks like promising! I wonder if a dealer could alter the options. I mean, I am not sure even if they can enable theme 3 for example. There may be another security door to check whether the car finish(GT-GTi - Active(Allure)) is checked! But promising to see indeed.
windshear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-16, 10:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by windshear View Post
Woww. That looks like promising! I wonder if a dealer could alter the options. I mean, I am not sure even if they can enable theme 3 for example. There may be another security door to check whether the car finish(GT-GTi - Active(Allure)) is checked! But promising to see indeed.
I have a friend who works as a techy in a Peugeot garage in Cornwall. They are running (genuine) version 8.19 (the one i tried was 8.18). Next time I am down he is going to let me have a play with his real kit and see what I can do.

(Unless of course I figure it out before then )

I don't know that there is, when i was looking at the firmware for the theme files, going through the programming it looked like the firmware just dumped all of the themes on the car, I couldn't find anything to tell me that the firmware only put certain themes on cars. So i figured it must be the headunit that tells the firmware. Which makes sense after seeing those options on Diagbox. There can't be any other checks I dont think, as these SMEG units will be generic for any car, so if one failed, there must be a way of taking a blank one, and setting it up in a GTI, or an Active... Thats my thoughts anyway.

My friend at Peugeot was unsure as he has not actually had to do any work on a SMEG+ yet, other than help people with maps / speed cameras etc... (Which is a good sign i guess :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-02-16, 06:48 PM   #4
Inactive User

I am looking forward to your experience in the coming days... I hope you can get something via official diagbox
emwpoma likes this.
Old 05-02-16, 09:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMillard View Post
I couldn't find anything to tell me that the firmware only put certain themes on cars. So i figured it must be the headunit that tells the firmware. Which makes sense after seeing those options on Diagbox. There can't be any other checks I dont think, as these SMEG units will be generic for any car, so if one failed, there must be a way of taking a blank one, and setting it up in a GTI, or an Active... Thats my thoughts anyway.
:
I think you will find it is decoding via the VIN number. There must be a dongle which has it hard coded. Maybe a chip on a device.

On the BMW's the diagnostic unit looks for sub modules. For example if you wanted to add USB to a 56 plate you had to have a comvox module with a certain hardware revision. Then you could enable from the main programming terminal using the s/w. I know this as the programmer was made by my employer at the time. I would expect it to be industry standard approach. Otherwise mechanics would have a nightmare when the car is X years old...
Old 10-02-16, 01:31 PM   #6
Inactive User

Paul,

I went to my local Peugeot dealer. They connected my T9 to Diagbox to see the SMEG+ theme options as you shared before. But, we could not find it.

Can you tell me how we can enter there ? Dealer uses Diagbox v8.18

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-02-16, 02:46 PM   #7

Hi, I cant remember exactly as I was just playing around for ages trying to find stuff.

I did a global test. Then went to the Multifunction/rtx section. Or the one that indicated it was the head unit. (Not to be confused with the section for the touch screen display itself as i noticed this was there).

At first it said ECU not recognised (however i think this was a software bug as it then said something like engine has to be on for SMEG programming).

In there i went to 'Repair' then 'Change and display confgiuration' and the options were in there.
emwpoma, windshear and lakis21 like this.

Old 15-02-16, 03:23 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hi Paul,

I do not know if you saw that or not but it seems that you can successfully activate RedLine theme from Diagbox as one of French users have done it with the help of a official Peugeot dealer.

themes smeg+ - SMEG+ - Electronique embarquée - FORUM Forum-Peugeot

arnoldc likes this.
Old 15-02-16, 03:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by windshear View Post
Hi Paul,

I do not know if you saw that or not but it seems that you can successfully activate RedLine theme from Diagbox as one of French users have done it with the help of a official Peugeot dealer.

themes smeg+ - SMEG+ - Electronique embarquée - FORUM Forum-Peugeot

Thanks for the link! I was sure it was possible, I just need to get a Version of Diagbox that doesn't have bigs like mine where it crashes.

He did well getting a Peugeot Mechanic to enable it
windshear likes this.

Old 15-02-16, 03:31 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMillard View Post
Thanks for the link! I was sure it was possible, I just need to get a Version of Diagbox that doesn't have bigs like mine where it crashes.

He did well getting a Peugeot Mechanic to enable it

Yeah it is great news! I will try my best to convince local dealer to do it. Let's see. I will update the topic if I can activate that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in