DAB radio reception - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 308 (2014-)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-04-17, 08:23 PM   #1

Default DAB radio reception

Hi everyone. First time posting here but always reading through new posts. My wife has a 2015 308 GT Line and when travelling in her car I can't believe how poor the DAB reception is compared to my OCTAVIA VRS. I've updated the firmware and maps to the latest versions offered in posts on this forum and wonder if that has affected the reception on the SMEG unit or is it simply not related?

On similar journey's in the same area tuned to the same DAB stations as the Octavia's DAB radio reception is poor, it's like having the radio off and eventually we revert to FM to break the silence.

Has anyone had similar experiences to this with their DAB reception in the new 308?

Thanks.
TimmyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-04-17, 08:35 AM   #2

Sounds like you need to take it back to dealer
Old 17-04-17, 06:29 PM   #3

My reception is excellent, very rarely drops out, and us much much better than FM. Even in remote countryside.

Make sure the aerial is correct, there's two types, one for FM only, one for FM/DAB. Both have different price numbers.
mark313 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 17-04-17, 07:48 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I'll speak to the dealer on Wednesday as its in for a servic and a couple of minor repairs and in meanwhile check that the correct aerial is fitted. I'll post an update if any success with the situation.
Old 18-04-17, 07:20 AM   #5

You can use an alternative aerial.

I have a Nissan 'stubby' aerial fitted and have no problems with reception in and around Rugby ( or anywhere else I drive).

See here: What have you done to your 308 (2014-) today? post #21.

As far as I am concernred I get an improved signal with this 'stubby' on my 308.

Good luck getting things sorted. Al.

Last edited by allan40alt; 18-04-17 at 07:23 AM.
allan40alt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-17, 08:19 AM   #6

Do you use any Dash cam's or equipment in the car that converts voltage from 12v to 5v (USB).

Such as phone charges, sat navs etc... Sometimes these converter devices produce electrical interference that causes issues with dab.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PaulMillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-17, 12:43 PM   #7

Very impressed with my DAB radio, do not think it could be better.
Old 18-04-17, 06:25 PM   #8

Thanks all for the replies and advice. I've not got anything like a dash cam or voltage converter etc plugged in so can't think of any interference caused by other electrical devices. I noticed that when it switches to FM and signal shows full strength, the radio gets a bit of static hissing which makes me think something is definitely faulty. I've checked the build spec of the car and checked which aerial should be fitted and it has the correct aerial. Over to the dealers...
Old 20-04-17, 08:07 PM   #9

Got the car back from dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong, said reception was patchy in area on DAB. So next step I'm going to replace the aerial with a stubby DAB aerial. See what happens but not expecting miracles.
Old 20-04-17, 09:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
Got the car back from dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong, said reception was patchy in area on DAB. So next step I'm going to replace the aerial with a stubby DAB aerial. See what happens but not expecting miracles.

If you are not getting good reception with the longer standard aerial then I don't think a 'stubby' will be any stronger....but at least it will look better...

I think the type I've fitted is better than many because of the extra spiral wound around and it's a little longer than many stubbies....but also more expensive. Hope it works for you....
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.