Steering Angle Sensor Fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-12, 04:19 PM   #1

Default Steering Angle Sensor Fault

Does anyone know the correct procedure for re-calibrating the steering angle sensor after replacing the COM2000 unit? I had to take it apart today (won't be doing that again, ever...) to reconnect the ribbon for the rear wiper controls and now that it's all back together I'm getting a load of errors in PP2000.

I've tried re-calibrating the steering angle sensor, and it correctly shows 0 in Parameters after doing this (was showing 180 when centered before). However, with the ignition on it throws a ton of errors when you start to rotate the steering wheel. ESP/ASR Not Functioning, ABS Fault, and Braking Fault flash up on the clock display. I've only seen two errors in PP2000, Steering Angle Sensor Fault - Coherence Fault and Steering Angle Sensor Fault - Internal Fault. Is there something I've failed to do or done wrong when reassembling the COM2000 unit? All of the stalk controls work, and I didn't see any kind of angle sensor in the COM2000 unit, is it a gyro or something?

Last edited by XVar; 09-12-12 at 04:37 PM.
XVar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-12, 05:15 PM   #2

Well, it turns out that when it says "Drive the car for approximately 100 meters before calibration", it means it. Drove down the road in a straight line, stopped, without turning the ignition off did the calibration and no more faults
Old 04-01-13, 10:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XVar View Post
Well, it turns out that when it says "Drive the car for approximately 100 meters before calibration", it means it. Drove down the road in a straight line, stopped, without turning the ignition off did the calibration and no more faults
Hi XVar,

I also have the same issue with the angle sensor, I have given up and have been driving the car with the errors beeping away for the past two months

Can you please write down the procedure, in case I am missing something?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-13, 10:16 AM   #4

I've just moved house and everything's still in boxes so don't have access to PP2000 right now, but if I remember correctly it was like this:

ABS/ESP > Configuration > De-calibrate steering sensor
ABS/ESP > Configuration > Calibrate steering sensor
<Message about driving for 100m>
Drive 100m in a perfectly straight line (luckily I had a quiet side street right by my house when I did this)
Continue with calibration steps (press F1 a few times if I remember correctly).

Done.

You'll definitely want to get this fixed as you most likely have no ABS or ESP at the moment, which isn't going to be fun if you find yourself needing to stop quickly. Mine was going through about 4 or 5 errors on the clock display before I fixed it.

Perhaps someone with PP2000 handy could confirm the exact steps for you, but hopefully this helps a bit.
Old 04-01-13, 10:33 AM   #5

Many thanks for the speedy response. I will give it a go and will let you know how it goes, fingers crossed!

Cheers!
Old 04-01-13, 12:32 PM   #6

I did a calibration a few months ago, that looks about right.
Old 11-06-14, 07:39 PM   #7

I tried to recalibrate angle wheel sensor of a 406. But my pp2000 kept requesting for a code to give me access to do the recalibration. Unfortunately, my diagbox didn't come with configuration code or didn't see any.

Please, how do I find or get the code? My pp2000 is on v5.20.

Ikenna
Ikenna351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-14, 07:59 PM   #8

the code it may be asking for is the vehicle code probably (guessing here ) 4 digit its on your confidential card
Old 11-06-14, 08:08 PM   #9

If I remember correctly that 4 digit code is written on a sticker on the drivers side door at the hinge end (I don't have a 307 any more but got an e-mail notification for this thread).
Old 11-06-14, 08:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagn View Post
the code it may be asking for is the vehicle code probably (guessing here ) 4 digit its on your confidential card
I don't think its the code in the confidential card. Tried it, it didn't work.

Ikenna
Ikenna351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.