Remote not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-17, 11:34 PM   #1

Default Remote not working

Okay small problem, i have a key programmed with pp2000 to work with my pug, it works fine starting the car and all but when i try to use the remote no matter what i do it will not work.

Now the weird part:
when i push the buttons on the remote, the rear window wiper starts. I think this is because it never stops at the right position and me pushing the buttons on the key is waking up the bsi, but if its waking the bsi doesnt that mean the receiver is picking up the button presses?

I was going to take off the rear wiper motor and clean all the contacts and everything to get the wiper back to its rest postion (read that on a forum post here somewhere someone was having a similar problem)
Marauder2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-17, 05:53 PM   #2

I have a puzzle with my central locking too, I tend to say you need to comb ya hair and say "I love my Peugeot" then it might work. By all that I'm making fun of how sometimes these Peugeots with computers can act in the most bizarre ways.

My latest clues are, sit in car, press the big red lock-all-doors button. Doors now locked, when I press my remote button to lock or unlock, I can hear a relay click in the BSI so I know my keyfob is sending out a signal and the vehicle is receiving it.

I'm yet to determine if, because the relay operates, the car and keyfob are matched. I assume they are as if I clear the keyfob (take its battery out) this situation is lost. Doing a reprogramming of the key restores this. Although I can only get the relay clicking if the doors are all locked.
SilverDash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 08:17 PM   #3

Have you programmed the remote to the car? The handbook tells you how (nothing to do with PP2000).

Old 19-05-17, 08:34 PM   #4

The BSI will recognise all transmitters on the same frequency and wakes up to check it is transmitting the correct code. If it is it will unlock the doors (or lock them). If the wrong code it simply ignores it and it it doesn't detect another transmitter it goes back into standby.

The key needs re-synching.

Off the top of my head it's something like

Sit in the drivers seat with the doors closed
Key in the ignition and turn to first postion.
Within 10 seconds, press and hold the lock button for 10 seconds
Remove key and press the lock button and the door should lock.
Press the unlock button and the door should unlock.

Now exit the car and close the doors and try from a distance.
If it works, lock the doors then unlock the doors. Wait about 90 seconds without pressing any buttons or opening a door and the doors should relock themselves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 10:28 PM   #5

Key needs recyncing as above BUT if it is a used key with a fresh immobiliser chip the remote will NEVER work again there are reasons to complex to explain

If it is a NEW key then it should resync

if it is a new key from china some work some dont
Old 20-05-17, 06:25 AM   #6

In my case storeman, I've done that many times with no effect. Maybe the clue I can get from that, perhaps the BSI hears a RF signal so wakes up then as you suggest it might not recognise the security code, eventhough I have just re-synced it. I have tested the keyfob for RF signal and if it contains a security code, it does on both counts. So there might be something else... which leads me to...

Quote:
reliable406...BUT if it is a used key with a fresh immobiliser chip the remote will NEVER work again there are reasons to complex to explain...
I'm a fully qualified boffin, point me to the info
SilverDash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-05-17, 08:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverDash View Post
In my case storeman, I've done that many times with no effect. Maybe the clue I can get from that, perhaps the BSI hears a RF signal so wakes up then as you suggest it might not recognise the security code, eventhough I have just re-synced it. I have tested the keyfob for RF signal and if it contains a security code, it does on both counts. So there might be something else... which leads me to...

I'm a fully qualified boffin, point me to the info
First off, you hadn't mentioned you had tried to resynch the key. You had mentioned you had reprogrammed the key but reprogramming is not the same as resynching.

As for why you cannot get a used keyfob with transmitter from another vehicle to work....

Apparently, the PCB with the remote transmitter has to be paired to the BSI/ECU from new. During the pairing process the board is programmed to only work with that BSI/ECU pair. Because it is a WORM device it cannot be reprogrammed to work with another BSI/ECU pair. The PCB will need to be replaced with a new one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by storeman; 20-05-17 at 08:46 AM.
storeman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-05-17, 09:14 AM   #8

Yeah i did the sync multiple times, its the old transponder chip in a new key,

I programmed it with pp2000 and did the resync as well, also did a bsi reset to see if that would of helped too.

The resync procedure was
Switch on ignition, within first 10 seconds press and hold the lock button for 10 seconds.
remove key and wait for 30 seconds before pressing any buttons.

Whenever i check it in pp2000 the bsi says 1 key learned 1 frequency learned, but above that where it says about syncs it says 0 still. Could be the key like you said. Ive lost the original key too so replacing it is going to be a pain.
Old 22-05-17, 05:06 PM   #9

Got it sorted, got a new key from a proper supplier instead of amazon, hickleys.com Programmed and works well with the car, also cleaned the motor of the rear wiper and now its working perfectly too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.