Peugoet 307 HDi no power - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-09-11, 06:03 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default Peugoet 307 HDi no power

Hi all, back again. lol

My Peugoet 307 HDi 2.0 now has no power, as though turbo not kicking in, but no engine management light. Had the codes read and three came up: 1425 Cat No2 low temp sensor, 1519 Cooling function and 0246 Turbo wastegate valve circuit. (low pressure) .
From this decided to check all the vacuum pipes. Found the pipe coming from the canister under batterry had broken. Excellent I thought, found the problem, no vacum to wastegate. Repaired the pipe giving me vacuum to the wastegate. Cleared the codes.
I still have no turbo though, and now i have no codes coming up nor any engine management light or warning messages, apart from the 1519 Cooling function but reckon i can disregard this due to the fault.
The turbo is at the back of the engine can just about feel it there, but can't see it at all from top or bottom of engine bay. The emissions seem very clean. Having spoken to local parts dealer, they had not sold many of these turbos. Can I assume turbo is ok? Local mechanic also suggested maybe the egr valve might be stuck open, but this again has limited access. Have tested the injectors and they seem fine.
Am unsure where to start on this a no codes are coming up? suggestions would be appreciated.
Robert12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 24-09-11, 06:23 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
bettyswollocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 9,997
Default

I seen a 307 last week with what i would describe when driving was like a straight diesel , no warning lights on ,
turns out the shaft in the turbo had broken so turbo flucked
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-09-11, 02:27 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
CMax_307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 860
Default

few things to do is check your pipe that the VAC out is going to the Vacume pump and not on the OUT on the solenoid valves. i have been caught out a few times on this, next thing to is go to a local scrap yard and buy some solenoids and swap the one for the turbo over and see if you have turbo with the 2nd hand unit if you do then you have fixed it!

mine just went on me few days ago and lucky i have a few spares so swaped them round and bingo turbo,

you can test the turbo is working by getting some long rubber tube that goes from the valve at the engine to the drivers window and a Tee peace for the longer tube all you do is remove the tube from the solenoid valve out and put the tee peace in one end and the longer tube in the other start the car and suck in from the tube from the wastgate this will close the wastgate and you should hear the turbo boosting

if not then you need to check your turbo, jack the drivers side up, remove the wheel then the wheel arch, you should see the turbo up the back and there is a 8mm bolt on the turbo intake side that comes from the top of the intake down to the turbo remove the bolt and remove the plastic duct and have a look at the shaft and make sure its not broke and spin it make sure is not rubbing on the sides, if it is then i would say the turbo is shot
__________________
Peugeot Planet Owner & FAP/EGR Removal Service
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-09-11, 07:21 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 27
Default

hi can anybody do a guide on checking the turbo
superlee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-11, 06:21 PM   #5
Member
 
danrkelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
few things to do is check your pipe that the VAC out is going to the Vacume pump and not on the OUT on the solenoid valves. i have been caught out a few times on this, next thing to is go to a local scrap yard and buy some solenoids and swap the one for the turbo over and see if you have turbo with the 2nd hand unit if you do then you have fixed it!

mine just went on me few days ago and lucky i have a few spares so swaped them round and bingo turbo,

you can test the turbo is working by getting some long rubber tube that goes from the valve at the engine to the drivers window and a Tee peace for the longer tube all you do is remove the tube from the solenoid valve out and put the tee peace in one end and the longer tube in the other start the car and suck in from the tube from the wastgate this will close the wastgate and you should hear the turbo boosting

if not then you need to check your turbo, jack the drivers side up, remove the wheel then the wheel arch, you should see the turbo up the back and there is a 8mm bolt on the turbo intake side that comes from the top of the intake down to the turbo remove the bolt and remove the plastic duct and have a look at the shaft and make sure its not broke and spin it make sure is not rubbing on the sides, if it is then i would say the turbo is shot
CMax_307, thanks for that little run through. I have the 1600 110 with the Garrett turbo up at the front (I think), ever worked on one of those? I'd like to identify the turbo solenoids, will there be more than one?
Would you recommend getting the Haynes for a diesel 307?

thanks

Dan K
London E
danrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-11, 10:57 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
Default Turbo is back

Following advice given, I checked the turbo through the driver side wheel arch. Enabling me to identify what i was dealing with. Removed the turbo intake pipe to test all was fine turbo rotatin smoth with no play. Then worked back from turbo to the sloenoid controllinf the wastegate. Checked the operation of this with a vaci pump all was good. Then checked the solenoi was getting sufficient vacum. Turns ot it was the solenoid was bust and not allowing the vacum though to wastegate. Replaced this from my local peugoet dealer for 40 . Job done turbo is back. Thanks for all ur help an advice.
Robert12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-11, 03:40 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
CMax_307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrkelly View Post
CMax_307, thanks for that little run through. I have the 1600 110 with the Garrett turbo up at the front (I think), ever worked on one of those? I'd like to identify the turbo solenoids, will there be more than one?
Would you recommend getting the Haynes for a diesel 307?

thanks

Dan K
London E
Hello Dan sorry for the late reply! my dad had one of them engines on his C4 and never had the chance to poke round them little beasts! tho am near sure theres only one solenoid for the turbo on that system and its under the car if you give me a day or two i will find out, and YES buy a haynes book well worth the money make sure you get the one for your engine 04-up not the 01-04 version
__________________
Peugeot Planet Owner & FAP/EGR Removal Service
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-10-11, 03:42 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
CMax_307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Belfast
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert12 View Post
Following advice given, I checked the turbo through the driver side wheel arch. Enabling me to identify what i was dealing with. Removed the turbo intake pipe to test all was fine turbo rotatin smoth with no play. Then worked back from turbo to the sloenoid controllinf the wastegate. Checked the operation of this with a vaci pump all was good. Then checked the solenoi was getting sufficient vacum. Turns ot it was the solenoid was bust and not allowing the vacum though to wastegate. Replaced this from my local peugoet dealer for 40 . Job done turbo is back. Thanks for all ur help an advice.
Robert glad my advice worked for you i must do a picture guide on this for others as am sure it would be alot easy to follow lol
__________________
Peugeot Planet Owner & FAP/EGR Removal Service
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0