Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI alternator belt change confusion, Antipollutant fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-12-12, 10:13 AM   #1

Unhappy Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI alternator belt change confusion, Antipollutant fault

I have a peugeot 307 2.0 HDI 2003, I've owned it for the past 6 months and in that time it's built up a list of faults: it currently has Antipollutant Fault, diesel additive minimum level, passenger airbag deactivated and I'm currently in the middle of changing the alternator belt that slipped of yesterday.

Alternator belt- this has totally confused me and my father as the belt slipped of yesterday and caused the battery charger fault sign to come up. So we decided to get a brand new belt and fit it today, however there are 2 different types of belt, 1 for the models with aircon and 1 for the ones without. My car has an aircon and so we bought that belt type, we compared it to the old belt and they are the same size. However when we have tried to fit it the set up of cogs is that of the model without an aircon, the belt is too big but we cannot work out how as it is the same size as the one that has come off. We have checked for missing cogs and there are none missing. The aircon has never worked since having the car so we think it may not actually have one and that's why the belt we have is too big and the 2 exta cogs are not there... But then why is the belt we bought the exact same size as the one old one!?
We now have the other type of belt for the model that does not have aircon and it fits perfectly... We are still not happy tho as something cannot be rite as the belt that come off is the other type. No cogs are missing. Very confused can anyone explain what has happened?! We have the 2 installation diagrams and checked everything we can think off!

Passenger airbag deactivated- the airbag has been checked and its all there but displaying this message. Iv bought a new switch but this has nothing to do with it.. Switching between on and off does nothing it just stays off. No idea why.

Diesel additive minimum level- the diesel additive was filled up but the counters were not reset this caused the anti pollutant fault to come up and now the car is in limp mode. Any suggestions on cheapest route to fixing this?

Thanks!
Bennett21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-12-12, 10:57 AM   #2

Hi
With regards to the belt, I would suggest that if it's the same size as the one that you took off, then it could only be the belt position that is wrong.

Passenger airbag, can't really comment on whats wrong, and the anti pollutant fault is a message that is quite common to 307 HDI owners

You may need a diagnostics on it with PP2000 to check the faults. You will definitely need it to reset the counters for the additive.

PM me if you need PP2000.

PP2000 owner willing to help others.

Last edited by powelly; 28-12-12 at 11:05 AM.
powelly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-12-12, 02:24 PM   #3

Well that's what we thought, we've tried everything.. The belt is definitely the correct one as all the manufacturers supply for this model. It's exactly the same size as the one that came off. We've put it on the same way as it came off which is the same as all guides suggest. We've tried adjusting the tensioner there is nothing else we can possibly do.

Also I have pm you about the diagnostic thanks for the help.
Bennett21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-12-12, 02:56 PM   #4

If the belt is the same size as the one that came off, then logic would imply that you are trying to put it back on in the wrong order. Perhaps the diagrams you have are incorrect, where did you get them from?

Passenger airbag: The GF occasionally gets this, she switches the car off, turns the passenger airbag off then on again and the light goes out just fine.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.