Particulate filter and Eolys fluid - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-10, 10:13 AM   #11

any body used adblue, my mates freind said hes used it no problems, and this is what merc/bmw use, gonna try it let u know, thx paul
paulyd2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-10, 11:31 AM   #12

Default particle filter level

hi been reading the post above have got same warning on 407 sw 2.0hdi can anyone confirm where the fluid goes and also someone mentioned adblu i use it on a iveco 7.5 t works truck is it the same as the spec fluid or can i use this instead as if i can i can get loads of it.
lardys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-10, 08:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardys
hi been reading the post above have got same warning on 407 sw 2.0hdi can anyone confirm where the fluid goes and also someone mentioned adblu i use it on a iveco 7.5 t works truck is it the same as the spec fluid or can i use this instead as if i can i can get loads of it.
I think this is a Particle fluid tank that I found on my 407. It is located near the front of Rear Passenger Side tire and holds a fluid in a plastic reservoir, the fluid is very similar to Automatic Transmission Fluid. It was in red color, my tree shed mechanic who owns a garage did not know what it was but I have to give him credit as he did the half job and and remove the tank for me and I saved my starched white shirt and I finished the job. The small pipe was leaking so I fixed the pipe from the scrap that he had in his shop(Saved a trip to the dealer by buiyng a special pipe) any way I put two clamps on both sides and problem solved. The fluid did not feel toxis or dangerous as I was able to clean it with soap and water after wards. Need to find out what is this fluid anyone has any info

Last edited by wmalik; 11-05-10 at 08:21 AM.
wmalik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-10, 10:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyd2k
any body used adblue, my mates freind said hes used it no problems, and this is what merc/bmw use, gonna try it let u know, thx paul
Adblu is nothing like Eolys fluid – it is the equivalent of putting beer in your rad instead of Antifreeze. The only thing that Adblu and Eolys have in common is that they are liquids.

The active ingredient of Eolys fluid is Cerium (III) Oxide. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerium%28III%29_oxide There is no Cerium (III) Oxide in Adblu at all – None… zero… zilch…

Eolys fluid is only mildly toxic after it has done its job in the exhaust system http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...5/ai_78395835/ but this is being measured in parts per million.

Actual contact of Eolys fluid with the skin (or any other body part) where the concentration will be higher is to be avoided. The Hazmat warnings say that skin irritation, lesions and sensitivity to heat may result.

Last edited by PureJoe; 11-05-10 at 10:40 AM.
PureJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-10, 07:08 PM   #15

Hello,

Yo mentioned that you have done 6 of these, can you please confirm or let me know where is the reservoir for this fluid and excuse my ignorance and let me know what is Fleebay or Adblue.

Thanks in advance
wmalik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-10, 09:06 PM   #16

the 307 eolys tank is under the car just forward of the passenger side rear wheel. It is covered by a heat shield.
Adblue is used by trucks to lower emissions-made from pig pee . It is not the same as EOLYS!!!
Fleebay is a term for E BAY

NOTE: there are 2 types of EOLYS fluid depending on age of car

Last edited by zooankski; 11-05-10 at 09:09 PM.
zooankski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-09-10, 08:12 PM   #17
Super Moderator

How to fill additive -

How to fill your Additive guide
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-09-10, 01:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooankski

NOTE: there are 2 types of EOLYS fluid depending on age of car
How do I know which one to get? mines a 54 plate 307 estate.
Old 10-01-11, 08:19 PM   #19

Default eolys fluid choices.

The time has come to top up my fluid, No warnings as yet but i think my filter is starting to block,(engine ecu reports high pressure when read with PP2000) a forced regen didn't help matters so i guess the tank is empty but the ecu still thinks it's got a couple of shots left. visually it looks empty.
I have a later 2003 and the fluid has been confirmed as eolys 176. i have read that this fluid is being phased out and Citroen are using "Infineum F7995" in place now and peugeot are phasing in "eolys powerflex" both of these apparently have been shown to be more effective at DPF regeneration and extending the life of the filter.
does anyone know if it is ok to just add these to the tank and let the ECU get on with it?

Last edited by stvstx; 10-01-11 at 08:22 PM.
stvstx is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-11, 07:13 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whops
cheers, found a guy on fleebay selling it, got 2 litres, delivered for 50, did the job myself, took 10 mins!! really easy. Dont pay dealers prices when you can do it yourself, this would of cost me about 200!!!!!
The additive ecu need to be reset after filling the additive tank.
davidireland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.