P1446 & P2408 codes - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-12, 11:22 AM   #1

Default P1446 & P2408 codes

Additive had reached minimum level and fault was displayed on centre console.

I've topped up additive.

A local Veh electrician was asked to sort outout aircon and also to clear additive fault.

Aircon was done ok but he was unable to clear additive fault - asked him back and still couldn't clear it even though I showed him a guide how to do it. Ie re-set counters and follow the convelouted procedure to clear the fault etc..

He has still not cleared the additive low fault on the console but his reader and software shows the above codes: (in the title)

I presume P1446 is low additive (on a 307 - I believe it varies according to model which is why I mentioned the air con)
P2408 is faulty fuel cap sensor.

I've checked fuel cap sensor and get around 1.001KOhms and around 15ohms fuel cap on and off respectively.

Q's

1. Can someone confirm the reading for the fuel cap sensor around 1.001Kohms is out of range? I believe it's supposed to be 150KOhm and 15ohms.

2. Presuming P1446 is low additive: Will the fault fuel cap sensor stop him clearing P1446 fault code?

He does not have PP2000 but another software package but he was not forthcoming what it was even when I pushed him. Can you only clear this fault with PP2000??
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-06-12, 11:36 AM   #2

Location: i live in a little village called edwardstone just outside of sudbury suffolk co10 5pz

best look here Diagnostic (Peugeot Planet) Map and see if anyone close to you has planet to look at it for you..
Old 14-06-12, 11:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersimons View Post
best look here Diagnostic (Peugeot Planet) Map and see if anyone close to you has planet to look at it for you..
Thanks for that. I'll get it sorted correctly after the fuel cap has been sorted.

Can you help with the fuel cap range readings? Can you confirm fuel can sensor is faulty?
Old 14-06-12, 01:11 PM   #4

Location: i live in a little village called edwardstone just outside of sudbury suffolk co10 5pz

without sticking it on planet dont think you can..could be wrong tho so wait up for someone more knowedgable to come along..
Old 14-06-12, 04:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersimons View Post
without sticking it on planet dont think you can..could be wrong tho so wait up for someone more knowedgable to come along..
Ok thanks. Local guy wants to come back and try again after fuel cap sensor replaced. I can't see the fuel cap sensor fault stopping the fault codes being cleared...
Old 14-06-12, 06:17 PM   #6

Just a quick update. It definately was a faulty fuel cap sensor. It was out of range.

New one fitted 140KOhm and 14+ohm

That's that one sorted....
Old 16-06-12, 10:59 AM   #7

Just a final update.

The low diesel additive fault has cleared after fitting new fuel cap sensor. I noticed it had gone after refueled. So the guy did manage to re-set it it but obviously the fault won't clear until the fuel cap sensor was replaced.

All happy now. Next when I get some time next "projects" :

1. Clean the DPF
2. Replace noisy cam belt tensioner and belt.

Thanks
Old 16-06-12, 11:03 AM   #8

if you got problems with your cam belt tensioner id get that sorted first.if that belt goes your engine is a write off..glad ya sorted the rest tho
Old 16-06-12, 01:01 PM   #9

Yes I know. It's not that bad at the moment but it is a priority and unusually at the moment the car is not getting that much use.

I've not done a cam belt before but I am fairly confident. As with anything I've never done. I usually spend time before hand making sure I've got all the information and matierial. Double check the information and then approach the problem slowly.

I've got an aquaintance who has done many and I'm going to approach him to help me with my first.

The car's due a service in about 1500miles so I'll do everything while the belly panel is off.
I'll let you know how I get on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.