Need advice on error codes for 2002 307 HDi 90 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-12-11, 11:59 PM   #1

Question Need advice on error codes for 2002 307 HDi 90

I recently bought a 2002 307 2.0 HDi LX 5dr[AC] 90 bhp, 135k miles, and soon after realised it had some problems (carefully covered up by the seller but no need to go into that, I handed over the cash!)

Turns out the car was in limp mode so wouldn't rev over around 2.5k rpm.
I fired up Google and read some very useful posts, mostly in this forum, which led me to purchase Peugeot Planet/Lexia and, in case I need it, Galetto 1260.

Firstly, I have PP installed on XP SP3 which runs inside VMWare Player on my Win 7 64 bit laptop.
When using PP, whilst connected and reading the ECUs (Global test), I have experienced a WINCAD.dll general protection fault. This requires a restart of PP and re-entering the car model, build code, etc. Rather annoying and time consuming but my greater worry is that something may be corrupted in the ECU if this happens at the wrong time.
Anyone have any ideas of how to solve this?

Onto the car problems...

A global test revealed the following faults. I only have the text displayed as its only since reading the faults that I've found out how to view the actual P codes in PP.

Radio and multifinction display both showed intermittent power faults, these were no doubt due to the seller disconnecting the display prior to me viewing the car (to hide the fault messages).

Air Conditioning ECU - 307 CLIM_T5
- Remote intermittent fault. The outside temperature sensor. Incorrect value received.
- Intermittent fault. Mixer motor. Open circuit.
- Intermittent fault. Distribution motor. Open circuit.
- Remote intermittent fault. Vehicle speed information. Incorrect value received.
- Remote intermittent fault. No communication between the BSI and the air conditioning ECU.
- Remote intermittent fault. Air conditioning circuit pressure information. Incorrect value received.

Engine ECU - 307 EDC15C2 RHS
- Permanent fault. Fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit. Relay opened.
- Permanent fault. Fault. Pre/post heating relay circuit. Relay stuck.
- Permanent fault. Differential exhaust pressure signal. Coherance of the differential pressure when stopped.
- Permanent fault. Particle filter. Particulate filter punctured or exhaust differential pressure info.
- Intermittent fault. Turbo pressure. Turbo pressure measured too low.
- Intermittent fault. Turbo pressure measured too high.
- Intermittent fault. Coolant solenoid valve. Open circuit or short circuit to earth.
- Intermittent fault. EGR air circuit fault. Airflow measured less than recommended.

ABS or ESP ECU - 307 ESP_BOSCH5.7
- Permanent fault. Front left wheel speed sensor. Electrical fault.
- Permanent fault. Rear right wheel speed sensor. Coherance.
- Intermittent fault. Communication with the engine management ECU fault. Incorrect value received.

After reading these codes I cleared then in PP (though some of the engine codes didn't appear to clear, I assume because I would have to tell it certain parts had been replaced?)

After clearing the codes and taking the car for a short run (3 or 4 miles going no faster than about 60mph) I was happy to find the car had come out of limp mode and was accelerating well from about 1,900 rpm upwards as the turbo was kicking in (which it didn't seem to do in limp mode). Though it still seemed extremely flat at lower revs, are they all like this??

After the drive I read the codes again and these ones were back...

Air Conditioning ECU - 307 CLIM_T5
- Intermittent fault. Mixer motor. Open circuit.

Engine ECU - 307 EDC15C2 RHS
Intermittent fault. Catalytic converter upstream temperature signal. Short circuit to earth. <<<<------ This one is new, wasn't there before.
Intermittent fault. Differential exhaust pressure signal. Coherance of the differential pressure when stopped. <<<<------This showed as permanent earlier
Intermittent fault. Particle filter. Particulate filter punctured or exhaust differential pressure info. <<<<------This also showed as permanent earlier

ABS or ESP ECU - 307 ESP_BOSCH5.7
- Permanent fault. Front left wheel speed sensor. Electrical fault.
- Permanent fault. Rear right wheel speed sensor. Coherance.

Can someone please advise the best course of action to try and rectify these faults?
I will be doing all I can to fix this myself, I don't have the money to go to a garage but do have some tools.

I've read about the wheel sensor thing so hoping they just need a clean, wire fixed or clearance adjustment.
If they need adjustment using a washer where exactly would the washer go and what is the aim (move it closer to the spinning wheel part?)

As you comment, if you are able to offer any ball park prices for parts it would be much appreciated.

One final thing for now: On my dashboard I see no engine management light (usually an orange engine symbol?). When I turn the ignition on I see the STOP light, ABS (car with

skid marks, permanently on anyway), handbrake and battery. I don't recall any other lights but definately no engine management light, should I be seeing one?

If you got this far, thanks for reading. Look forward to your replies.

Steve
dackjaniels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-12-11, 03:39 PM   #2

Anyone?
Old 23-12-11, 03:45 PM   #3

ABS sensors should be an easy one to clean/check - believe the gap should be 2mm.

I'm a little confused why you have Particulate errors showing - I was under the impression the 90bhp HDI never had a DPF fitted
Old 23-12-11, 03:55 PM   #4

I was under the same impression from the posts I have read but I also read somewhere that the RHS engines do have them (and mine has RHS in the VIN no.).

The V5 says it is a 90bhp engine. PP has several details about the DPF including last regen. It also showed Pariticulate filter blocked and then a few moments later, after starting and stopping the engine, it shows successful regen :-/ This was in the measurements section of PP. I've never had a Filter Blocked message on the multi-funtion display. Rather strange as I definately didn't trigger a regen.
Old 27-12-11, 03:56 PM   #5

Following on from the above post, I signed up to Peugeot Service Box and entered my VIN number.
Service box then shows my car details as this...

307 5 DOOR SALOON 2.0 HDi 110 particle emission filter Manual gearbox 5

So it looks like I may have the 110bhp version after all??

Should I trust service box or the V5 document?
Is there any way I can physically tell from the engine if it's the 90 or 110 version?

Thanks.
Old 27-12-11, 04:27 PM   #6

I personally would be taking the details on servicebox to be correct, afterall, they do tie up with what you've found with the car and PP

What comes up if you put the reg into one of these insurance websites, confused.com for example?
Old 27-12-11, 05:43 PM   #7

I checked a few insurance websites and they come up with 307 2.0 HDi, but don't give any indication of the bhp. Car valuation sites all list it as a 2.0 90bhp so I'm guessing they get their information from the DVLA servers.

I don't have the V5 now as I had to send it off (seller should have done this but he just gave me the whole document).

I'm pretty sure the power given on the V5 was 67kw, which I think translates to 90bhp but I could be wrong. It also had an emissions figure of 138g/km for tax purposes.
You or anyone else know if these figures indicate 90bhp? Not sure if the emissions figure would be different on a 110 version.

Thanks
Old 27-12-11, 06:39 PM   #8

67kW does equal 89bhp, so that would look like a 90

My old 306 with the 2.0HDI 90bhp engine used to have a CO2 figure of 141 I believe, so a 138 would indicate to me it is the 110, i.e. higher due to more power, but then lowered by the DPF??
Old 27-12-11, 06:53 PM   #9

Since my last post I found a 110bhp 307 in a classified add and input the reg into the DVLA vehicle enquiry webpage, it came back with 143g/km emissions. This makes me think the 138 on my V5 is in fact the value for a 90bhp.

It is strange though, as you said yourself earlier, it seems the 90's don't have the DPF but mines appears to have one (looking in PP) though I haven't got under the car and done a physical check yet.

I wonder if it was registered incorrectly with the DVLA and is in fact the 110 as Service Box suggests.

I guess I'll just have to keep it in mind until I find a sure fire way of finding out by looking at the engine.

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-01-12, 04:26 PM   #10

Just an FYI,

The wincad errors you get in planet are because you are running it in a virtual machine, nothing to do with the car! (however, i wouldnt like it to crash mid way through doing something like you said!)

Even though you can create a virtual thats identical to a physical machine it still errors, i fought long and hard at that one before i deemed it not possible!

Best solution, dual boot or pick up a cheapy with xp on it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.