Engine Oil HELP on 307 SW 2.0 HDI 110 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-14, 01:13 AM   #1

Default Engine Oil HELP on 307 SW 2.0 HDI 110

Hi all,

I have a 2002 307 SW HDI 110 but have had the DPF removed, and now I am thinking about doing an oil change. I am finding that there are 2 lots of engine oil being named with or without FAP, mine was with FAP but now is not with FAP, so not sure what is the Oil to use. Can anyone please Help me???

Thanks guys
chuckles1001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-01-14, 01:54 AM   #2

As I understand it you should be able to use either oil if you don't havethe FAP. The reason not to use a particular type of oil when you have a FAP would be that it could block the FAP. If you no longer have one then that isn't an issue.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

For what it's worth I have a 307 HDi that has also had the FAP removed and I use (Australian oil) Caltex Delo 400 which is a popular oil for heavy haulage trucks over here so I can get a 20l drum quite cheaply.
ae86levin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-14, 02:02 AM   #3

When my fap was removed I stuck with mobil 10w40 part synthetic I have been using ECP Triple QX for last 2 oil changes 5w40 fully synthetic no issues
Old 24-01-14, 02:09 AM   #4

Thanks for the quick replies, ae86levin, that makes sence

CMaz_307 is your car the same as mine? and would you say it made the car feel any difference when you switched? I guess mine has 10w40 in it (only ever had it done at the garage) so to top it up I would have to use 10w40 until I do a complete change, I guess anyone?
Old 24-01-14, 02:28 AM   #5

Yeah mines the 2.0 110 HDi Dturbo Spec, Remapped EGR blanked and fully removed few other mods

cant say I noticed any difference but it sounded sounds a bit quiet now that am using 5w40 prob get a tad more mpg but that could be down to the fresh oil
Old 24-01-14, 02:37 AM   #6

Not sure what else mine had done, I had it remapped and the DPF removed over 2 years ago, but he said it would go a little faster and I would get a few extra miles out of the tank lol well at least it does not sound like I need to worry about it then I will buy 10w40 part synthetic for a top up and I guess 5L of 5w40 when it gets a little wormer to help drain the thing lol How much oil did you need to do a complete change? and thanks for your help BTW
Old 24-01-14, 02:48 AM   #7

I get a 5L bottle and that does me your car only takes around 4.5L well mine does and the left over does me for top up but to be honest ive never needed to top up the oil I do check it at the end and start of the week

and your welcome sir
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.