Diesel additive minimun level - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-10, 02:15 PM   #1

Default Diesel additive minimun level

Hello,

I have a Peugeot 307 HDi 2002 model. Recently a message appears that quotes "diesel additive minimun level" Reading on some of the forums, its seems that this is a job i can do myself i.e refilling the additive.

Im attending to buy some additives from a refill kit which i will find out soon the cost.

However, does anyone now where the tank refill port is? and how long it would take a non mechanic to do this job?

Any chance a picture could be displayed on this forum as im sure this will help many people with this problem for the future!
ariffaizi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-10, 07:15 PM   #2

when you get the additive its around 45 ish.in the kit is 2 tubes a thick one and a thin one on the end of the thin one is a connector.the tank and the filling point is at that tank which is in front of the passinger side rear wheel.ther is 2 pipe just disconnet and and clip the pipe connetor on to it and lift the bottle as high as you can it will drain in(the connetor will only fit on the one pipe)the you need to reset the counters,eather through pug.or someone with pp2000.will be cheaper,if you post were you from someone on here might live local and would be more than welcome to reset them for you.(im in southampton area)
repacpete likes this.
bigboots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-10, 02:41 PM   #3

Thanks Bigboots for you information.

Ive bought the Diesel additive kit with 3L of the Additive known as EOLYS 176 for about 80 Important to have your VIN (chasis number) when quoting the additive.

Ive located the white container by the rear wheel passenger side (below the car seat under the car is the location). However, you need to remove the black plastic cover, only 3 nuts (10mm) but be careful not to break the screw.

Next you need to remove the pipes from the white container which holds the additive which i am finding difficult and will try the task this weekend. Any advice bigboots?
Attached Thumbnails
eolys-refill-kit.jpg  

Last edited by ariffaizi; 07-03-10 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-03-10, 05:43 PM   #4

there is a black circle thing were the pipes plug into.gently pull it off the container and the pipes should pull off(there is a button like clip to press in to relese the pipes
Old 03-03-10, 06:40 PM   #5

diagnostic tool required to reset the level counter no way round it mate,

even if you fill the elloys tank your self it will need resetting.
pugbod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-10, 06:45 PM   #6

Thanks Bigboots and Pugbods for the info. Added the additive to the Eolys tank which was pretty straight forward. All i need to do now is reset the counter. Bigboots, i noticed you mentioned that you are based in Southampton. What a coincident, i too am based in Southampton. Any chance we could meet and to get my level countered reset. Thanks

Last edited by ariffaizi; 07-03-10 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-03-10, 11:22 AM   #7

Smile

If this message appears then a simply procedure is needed to add the additive. Usually takes around 45mins

Important (Disclaimer)
If you are carrying out this work and following this procedure then you are carrying out this work at your own risk. No fault, errors or damage can be used as these notes are just for information. YOU USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Health and Safety

Must wear gloves as this Eolys is an irritant and that care must be taken when handling this additive.

Refill Kit

You need to purchase the refil kit and the Eolys (3L) from the Peugeot Dealer. You must give you chasis number to find the CORRECT eloys for you car. Usually around 80 as shown in Fig 1

Remove the black cover under the car near the back of the rear wheel on the passenger side. This can be done if you have jacked up the back passenger side of the car followed by undoing 3 nuts (advice, spray some oil and remove carefully). Once removed, you will see a white container (eolys container) with 2 black pipes. Fig 2

Remove the black object with the 2 pipes feeding into the black object (just pull the black object out carefully). Next, depress the green button on either opposite sides and remove the pipes. Next insert the pipe feed from the refill kit, it will only fit into one pipe as shown in Fig 3

Next, pour the EOLYS additive into the small container and attach the red screw cap. Important to turn the handle in the red cap as this will allow the additive to pour. Lift the container high to allow the additive to pour into the Eolys tank. Fig 4

eolys-refill-kit.jpg Fig 1 (refill kit and 3L of Eolys)

eolys-tank.jpg Fig 2 (Eoyls Container)

attaching-refill-kit-b.jpg Fig 3 (attaching the refill pipe)

refill-pot.jpg Fig 4 (Refill pot containing the additive)

Once you completed the refilling you then need to reset the Eoyls counter by contacting a garage or someone with Peugeot Planet who can carry out this procedure.

Hope you find the information informative and good luck

Last edited by ariffaizi; 07-03-10 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-03-10, 05:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariffaizi
Thanks Bigboots and Pugbods for the info. Added the additive to the Eolys tank which was pretty straight forward. All i need to do now is reset the counter. Bigboots, i noticed you mentioned that you are based in Southampton. What a coincident, i too am based in Southampton. Any chance we could meet and to get my level countered reset. Thanks
yes that would be fine however i do charge a small fee to help towards the cost of the pp2000,if thats ok pm me i will tell you were to come and we will do a reset
Old 07-03-10, 08:17 PM   #9

Hello Bigboots

Unfortuately, i cant send a private message to you as i have to post at least 20 messages. Please could you send me a private message of where i can come for the reset. Regarding cost, of course i would pay towards the reset. Appreciate the advice and service. Cheers
Old 08-03-10, 04:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariffaizi
Hello Bigboots

Unfortuately, i cant send a private message to you as i have to post at least 20 messages. Please could you send me a private message of where i can come for the reset. Regarding cost, of course i would pay towards the reset. Appreciate the advice and service. Cheers

Hi arriffaizi,
Pls where dd you purchase the eolys 176 additive, for i will be needing for my car also
ryussuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.