Car Jacking 307 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tiko102

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-12, 09:10 AM   #1

Default Car Jacking 307

Hi, please could anyone tell me how to get the front end of a 307 onto axle stands. The jacking advice is to jack up at jack point and then place axle stand in the same place, this is hard to do.

Cheers
Carscostalot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-03-12, 02:27 PM   #2

Wouldn't you put axle stands on the axles?
Old 13-03-12, 04:04 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to tiko102

could just be me being the way i am, but if your asking advice on where to put stands when you jack up the car are you doing the right thing by working on it your self, as i said could just be me what i do is jack the car up, put the stand next to the jacking point, lower the jack so the stand touchs the sil,so the jack still has tjhe car wieght and your not doing damage to the sill using just the stand, if your doing work in the wheel well put the wheel under the sill too, which means if the car suddenly drops because a mistake has been made your not crushed and you can still jack the car back up........
JazzJPH likes this.

Last edited by tiko102; 13-03-12 at 04:07 PM.
tiko102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-12, 06:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiko102 View Post
could just be me being the way i am, but if your asking advice on where to put stands when you jack up the car are you doing the right thing by working on it your self, as i said could just be me what i do is jack the car up, put the stand next to the jacking point, lower the jack so the stand touchs the sil,so the jack still has tjhe car wieght and your not doing damage to the sill using just the stand, if your doing work in the wheel well put the wheel under the sill too, which means if the car suddenly drops because a mistake has been made your not crushed and you can still jack the car back up........
Thanks for the advice. I had thought that this was the way but Haynes book does not really make the safe jacking and stand positions very clear. I have to do the work myself because I have no more money to pay a professional to do the job and the car needs to be on the road. I've spent 1000,s repairing this wonderful heap and its only done 90000. thanks for advice.
Old 13-03-12, 06:23 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to tiko102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carscostalot View Post
Thanks for the advice. I had thought that this was the way but Haynes book does not really make the safe jacking and stand positions very clear. I have to do the work myself because I have no more money to pay a professional to do the job and the car needs to be on the road. I've spent 1000,s repairing this wonderful heap and its only done 90000. thanks for advice.
what is exactly wrong with it and what area you in
tiko102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-12, 07:28 PM   #6

Try using the jack on the jacking point as you would, then with suitable heavy timber blocks that you would have handy???..block out a suitable point on the sub frame and lower the car onto that. A car ramp topped with timber will do as well, but always to a point on the sub frame not on the body and dont use the slope of a ramp. You could use a trolley jack on the sub frame and block the jacking point instead. I like the car to be well steady, jacking from one side at a time to get on axle stands can be hazardous, a danger of tipping the stand over if you aren't familiar with the job. Be careful, Brad
sterion75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-03-12, 12:28 AM   #7

Like Tiko says,whats up with the car ?,theres loads of really great people here,you'll get alot of help.
Old 14-03-12, 08:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterion75 View Post
Try using the jack on the jacking point as you would, then with suitable heavy timber blocks that you would have handy???
That's what we do - use metal car ramps with thick slabs of scaffolding planks.
Old 17-03-12, 09:56 AM   #9

[QUOTE=sterion75;91850]Try using the jack on the jacking point as you would, then with suitable heavy timber blocks that you would have handy???..block out a suitable point on the sub frame and lower the car onto that. A car ramp topped with timber will do as well, but always to a point on the sub frame not on the body and dont use the slope of a ramp. You could use a trolley jack on the sub frame and block the jacking point instead. I like the car to be well steady, jacking from one side at a time to get on axle stands can be hazardous, a danger of tipping the stand over if you aren't familiar with the job. Be careful, Brad[/QUOTE

Thanks for this information, very useful and I have managed to safely support the car. To answer posts of whats wrong with it, the current issue is front suspension ball joints, links, track rod and track ends all have a lot of wear on them along with front wheel bearings needing to be replaced. Over the past four years, two lots of injector seals, the normal FAP related liquids, sensor replacement, radiator replaced, battery replaced, discs pads, two broken suspension springs, one collapsed whilst driving and caused Tyre to blow out. Clutch and fly wheel, things for the near future timing belt, rear suspension creaking badly, awaiting clutch and fly wheel to go any time. maybe expecting to much to hope a car at 90000 should not need this much care these days. Cost so far paid about 8000 in 2006 for car spent 5000 ish on repairs, service, care. Cars worth about 2500 in 2012. The cost of diesel has almost doubled since I got the car. A horse and cart maybe a cheaper alternative for the future. Thanks for the advice, no doubt i'll be back for more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.