Antipollution fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-02-12, 03:26 PM   #1

Default Antipollution fault

Hey.

Earlier today, my girlfriend got an error message "Antipollution fault" in the display on our Peugeot 307 SW - 2004.

She run into the Peugeot garage, but they said that as long as her speed limit didn't fall under 30 km/h she could just drive on.

When I got home from work later that day,there was no hint of such an error message.

Has anyone ever seen that such a message can appear and just disappear just as quickly?
Attached Thumbnails
2012-02-29_12.40.15.jpg  
Sense69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-02-12, 03:30 PM   #2
CAB

Location: Edenthorpe,Doncaster, South Yorkshire & Gilberdyke, East Yorkshire

Generic term for a fault need codes reading to see what it is.
Old 29-02-12, 03:40 PM   #3
Super Moderator

There`s not many girls who would take a photo of the fault , thats some excellent training
Roky and DavexISO like this.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-02-12, 03:44 PM   #4

HELL YEAH
Sense69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-12, 03:46 PM   #5

Location: Kingsway, Quedgeley, Gloucestershire/Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

I see that every time I upset my car... Doesn't like 80mph at the minute. I think we've talked about this before, but I'll say it again.

I think some idiot, who was given the job of labelling faults for the ECU, got fed up and just labelled a load of them with Anti-pollution fault.
Old 01-03-12, 06:05 PM   #6

Anti pollution warning light is a bit of fun Peugeot built into their cars because they think us motorists dont have enough to worry about ....
And yes because its a Peugeot sometime during you ownership of this Peugeot you will see this warning & yes c you will have the offending codes read , which are Legion And yes , if you dont use one of the guys on here who have Peugot Planet ,It will cost you an arm & a leg for the dealer to read them . Your main problem now being , the Garage who read your codes wont have the slightest idea what they mean !! This will not be the beginning of the end of your problems --nay only the end of the beginning !!It will be fixed in the end & you may even leave aforementioned Dealer/ Garage still with your trousers on ....but very , very light in your cash pocket !!
I was lucky I bought used with 12 months extra warranty..& my Antipollution warning came on after 12 HOURS of ownership ;;;they took it away & didnt see it again for 5 days !!!...It came back MENDED & has been perfect since , but I dont trust it . ( part from the built in squeeks rattles & bangs !!)

I have never seen an engine management warning light or any other light or LIMP MODE or ever boken down in any of my previous cars ....

Daewhoo Leganza, Toyota Corolla , Wifes Skoda Fabia , Skoda Superb, Dodge Caliber, Jeep Patriot . Dodge Avenger...

My 308 is Comfortable , Economical ( for a petrol turbo) Nice looking & Fast ....But because of the reliability factor I have lost interest in driving it ..We use the wifes Fabia Estate most of the time . Its 12 yrs old & a heck of a lot more fun to drive .

Last edited by tiptronic; 01-03-12 at 06:08 PM.
tiptronic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-13, 11:22 AM   #7

Default Anti pollution fault solution

I have the same problem and while researching found this Peugeot 307 anti pollution fault solved
The writer says his problem was caused by corrosion of the exhaust pipe which let air into the system. Good luck!
cortegana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-13, 08:39 AM   #8

Post Anti Pollution Fault - Please Help

Hi, I was hoping someone could help with my anti pollution fault problem on my Pug 307 1.6HDI Quicksilver 54 Plate.

I've spent over 1k at the garage to no avail. Spent on new Fuel Sensors and Liters of 'Peugeot' fuel additive for diesel engines. I'm now very reluctant to go back to the garage as i'm sure they are just ripping me off.

When the anti pollution light came on the car would go into Limp mode but after a few miles would be back to normal. Now though it wont go over 2k revs. On a motorway for example going up a hill it will go from 70mph to 45mph as it feels as though the boost has gone.

I read on your forums to take the air filter sensor out as this could be the fault. I did this and the car ran much better and didnt go into Limp. I ordered a new Air Sensor, fitted it and the same error happened.

I've now bought my own diagnostics gadget and I've received the following errors:
- P0104 Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit Intermittent
(Your Forum said: MAF (Mass Air Flow) ground malfunction)

- P0113 Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High
(Your Forum said:Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor circuit open/short EDC16C3 - Diesel high pressure regulation circuit. Rail pressure below minimum pressure.)

- P0299 Turbo Charger Underboost
(Your Forum said: For SID 803; Check vacuum supply to controller solenoid, they have been known to leak vacuum.
I have seen an EDC16C3 system with a recked turbo.)

- P1447 Manufacture Control
(Your Forum said: For EDC15C2; Check for inverted pipe configuration on differential pressure sensor or water ingress)

- P2408 Fuel Cap Sensor / Switch Circuit
(EDC16C3 - Additive system. Fuel tank cap presence sensor. All the tank cap present sensors I've tested, so far, should read:
149Kohms = cap on, 12~15ohms = cap off.)

- P1351 Manufactuer Control (For SID 803, check the operation and output of the pre-heat control relay.)

Looking on more of these threads it looks like the Turbo Charge error is coming on due to the air filter sensor. I just need to figure out why the Air Filter Sensor is coming on.

Please can anyone shed any light on what would be best to do next. Or even better, can someone suggest a good honest Mechanic. I live in South West London but travel down to Surrey a lot.

Thank you for reading this
RoseBud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-13, 09:06 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Seems your garage hasn't a clue.

You need from those faults. Glow plugs. Fuel cap sensor, fuel filter if not changed in last 40k. Wiring checked to the airflow meter, the turbo checked along with the vacuum system. Start with all that and post back.
You have to change glow plugs as they are needed for particle filter regenerations. Also cap sensor is needed for regens to be completed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
davidireland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-04-13, 09:38 AM   #10

Hi davidIreland,

Thank you for your quick reply. Fuel Cap and sensor has been changed however not sure about the others.

I'll get this looked at as soon as poss and message back.

Cheers
RoseBud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.