Anti pollution fault!!!!!!!!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-11, 09:35 AM   #1

Default Anti pollution fault!!!!!!!!!!

Guys

When I start my 2.0L HDI 307 (2005) It comes up with the fault 'Anti-pollution' and then 'air bag' fault. I bought the car Cat C repaired (VIC done). I noticed the car had reduced power, is this 'Limp mode' as it wont rev over 3000rpm when sat stationary and will the 'anti-pollution' fault be causing this?? The fault warning goes off when yo u start to drive and I have never seen the engine management light come on?

Is there anything I could do to rectify this or is it the dreaded 600 to mr peugeot (can local garages sort these faults out)

Thanks

Gareth

Last edited by garethned; 24-05-11 at 09:42 AM.
garethned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-05-11, 06:32 PM   #2

Default Re: Anti-pollution faults

I too have a Anti Pollution fault, keep on nagging me on 307 2lt petrol.
Got a few quotes and decided against the garages and there 200- 500 charges.
Cleaned the MAF Sensor and this worked for a while, New MAF sensor on ebay 30, Maf Sensor from Garage or Motor Factors 140.00.

Garage Costs 35.00 to clear fault codes...

A Fault code reader/Resetter 22.00 including delivery 48hours.

Reader Resetter Arrived today, deleted codes, NO FAULT SHOWING and ENGINE GOES BETTER, WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE CODES ALL ABOUT!!!!!!!

I BET THEY ARE JUST ANOTHER WAY OF DRUMMING UP BUSINESS FOR THE GARAGES.... Best 22.00 ever..... and Yes the reader resetter was made in CHINA, they seem to know a thing or two about making money....

And eBay!!! where would we be without it...
steve-uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 06:51 PM   #3
Super Moderator

But what happens if one of the codes you erased was the "Engine Disabled in 7 days " code ,
so that your engine is on the verge of blowing up unless you fix the "ED7" code ?
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 06:57 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
But what happens if one of the codes you erased was the "Engine Disabled in 7 days " code ,
so that your engine is on the verge of blowing up unless you fix the "ED7" code ?
Yeah that happened to me. Cost a fortune in the end up.
bettyswollocks likes this.

Current Cars:
'11 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0cdti 160 SRI VX-line '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI '92 Vauxhall Nova 1.4 (Project)
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 08:59 PM   #5

I notice you say you have never seen the engine management light come on? does that mean AT ALL ?? wonder if some bent get has removed bulb or siliconed the light out

My 1.6hdi Cat C also has the anti pollution. Also noticed my rear brakes stick on another poster on here had rear sticking brakes and after sorting them the fault never came on again so my next job this weekend along with the belts and water pump
Old 24-05-11, 11:46 PM   #6
Afo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 307pugpete View Post
I notice you say you have never seen the engine management light come on? does that mean AT ALL ?? wonder if some bent get has removed bulb or siliconed the light out
was going to say the same thing - when you turn the ignition on the engine management light should come on, if it doesn't then it may have been covered/removed as suggested above!

The anti-pollution fault could mean several things - I think what bettyswollocks is implying is that you should get a diagnostic done (not necessarily from peugeot) that will tell you the full codes, that way you can work on the actual problem. From your post I assume you think it's the DPF, but it might not be!
bettyswollocks likes this.
Afo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-05-11, 11:20 AM   #7

I agree with the others, clearing fault codes isn't the way to go and you do yourself no favours ignoring these warnings.

Would you take the battery out of a smoke alarm if it was sounding?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-05-11, 12:51 PM   #8

Cheers for the replies folks.

The car in now at my local garage and I have informed them to check the engine managment bulb for me.

307pugpete...I've also noticed the rear brakes sticking also...weird! lol.

Will keep you informed of any outcomes from the garage. Hopefully it wont cost too much!?

Gonna try the old 'blatting down the motorway' trick to see if it will unblock this fault, fingers crossed!
Old 26-05-11, 11:20 PM   #9

The fault finder showed a fault with the EGR valve! I've read online this could cause the 'sluggishness' of my speed and the 'Anti poll' fault? Can anyone advise, will this mean a total replacement of the valve?

Thanks again folks
Old 27-05-11, 06:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
Reminder! There were TWO fault codes; P0141 = O2 Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank1 Sensor2) missfire.
Deleting the Codes and switching off the MIL, as YES I agree this would be stupid!
Deleting the CODES allows then to be recorded again, and again. As has happened!!!!!!!!!!!

Current UPDATE, 307 past MOT, with passes on emissions, when starting up after the MOT, the "ANTI-POLLUTION FAULT" came back as well as the MIL on the DASH, this is what I had hoped for, as not a complete idiot!!!

So far I have had a number of garages take a look to give an idea of price and method of fixing this fault and all seem tohave the same ideas, including local PEUGEOT Dealer.
All seem to say firstly change the MAF sensor as this has gone and the fault P0141 is definitly this.... wrong as if you disconect the MAF when the engine is running, the engine cuts out, this means its working ok. If you disconect this before starting the engine, the air charging pump kicks in, menaing that when this MAF is connected all is ok.

Next they want to change the Lamda sensors, if either of these are dead, then the mixture would be way out, and according the the emmissions test both are working ok.

Next they want to change the heating element in the Carb..... No NO NO! this is a 2lt Petrol automatic, with the plastic inlets, so THERE IS NO HEATING ELEMENT needed in the card!!!!

So next they mention about the "Container under the front offside wheel arch" !!!!!!! (this is where the excess vapour / fuel etc are fed)!!!!!!! This must need replacing as the purge valve goes!!!!!!
(the inly thing I have noticed is after starting up and within the first few minutes of pulling away from cold, there does seem to be a little purge into the engine of fuel as the engine revs a little higher for a split second - also every now and then there is a waft of fuel vapour from the front of the car!!!
Could this be the problem all along?????) (Surely something here can be tinkered with or adjusted))

Cost of this! 500-1200 replacement part, as nothing can be adjusted or replaced.

So I ask! Could it be anything else?

Oh yes, coil packs and spark plugs!!!

I changed the spark plugs 500 miles ago, the engine runs ok, and does not sound like its misfiring, had this checked out previously when being charged 35 a pop for reading the codes and seeking diagnostics. Coil packs were ok previously when this same code raised it head first time.

So far different garages have all read, diagnosed and cancelled the MIL all saying the same, and all indicating that this was not detriment to the engine, possibly a mis-reading, as faults do happen with the ECU. And this fault refers to something that is working ok.
No one can gauranttee that by changing any of the items they have mentioned will need changing will rectify the fault code.

Is this money for nothing or what!!!!!!!!!

The analogy of taking out a battery of a smoke detector that is sounding the an alarm is funny!!!!!!! But totaly inapropiate as this Alarm is sounding without anything being on fire!!!!!! So yes, remove the battery, and change the smoke detector as you know this is at fault. Whereas the fault code on the car engine, means nothing but changing a lot of components with no gauranttee's.

ANY ONE else out there who has had similar problems or knows of a real FIX and not a blind fix.........

Car has only done 35,000 from new. And Peugeot Garage is just as usless as all the other garages.

Yes even changed the FUEL to super!!!
Yes even took it down the motorway at a certain speed for a certain amount of time withing 2 speed settings for a given milleage. Nothing changes....

Looking at the MOT certificates, the reading of the emmisions are better this year than last year.. !!!!!!!! and well within the allowances.

Surely others have had a similar experiance, as I have heard from others who have paid for all the items mentioned and still ahve the fault, and No garage will take on the work and gauranttee a permanent fix eventhough changing all items mentioned.... just a good little earner to them all............
steve-uk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.