Airbag ECU fault? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-12, 09:19 PM   #1

Default Airbag ECU fault?

Hi, hope you can help.
The car is 307 1.4 hdi.
I have a message Airbag fault every time I start the car. Today I had it connected via PP2000 and there is a lot of fault pointing to Airbag ECU.
All start with Airbag ECU.

-Intermittent fault. Level of driver module trigger 1. Short circuit.
-Intermittent fault. Control unit.
-Intermittent fault. Level of passenger module trigger 1. Short circuit.
-Intermittent fault. Seat belt trigger (left) short circuit.
-Intermittent fault. Seat belt trigger (right) short circuit.
-Intermittent fault. Configuration error.
-Intermittent fault. Driver's module trigger - Level 2. Short circuit.
-Intermittent fault. Passenger's module trigger - Level 2. Short circuit.
-Intermittent fault. Left air bag and left curtain air bag in production. Short circuit.
-Intermittent fault. Right air bag and right curtain air bag in production. Short circuit.

The faults won't clear.
Car starts and drives ok, no signs of airbags deployment.
Is it faulty Airbag ECU, bad connection or ?
Thanks
mzprx111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-12, 02:45 PM   #2

Anyone?
mzprx111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-07-12, 02:28 PM   #3

I have similar issue's can anyone clarify what this means!

Airbag: permanent fault trigger 1 - open curcuit
Airbag: permanent fault trigger 2 - open curcuit

ABS: intermitent fault - main relay or solonoid valve fault - RR Coherence

I had my codes read by a local forum member (paddy69) and the above errors were found, I wont be doing the work myself and would like to be sure I tell my mechanic to look in the right place.

The airbag faults I think relate the both connectors under the drivers seat? is this the location of trigger 1 and trigger 2?

The ABS fault if I understand it right relates to the right rear brake (RR) and should be as easy as cleaning up the breaks on this side? also I think the hand break cable needs replacing as the breaks are binding on the right rear (could this be the cause of the intermitent fault)

sorry if I have hijacked this thread but I didnt know where to post.

car details: 2002 307 HDi 90 BHP 5 door
Old 16-07-12, 08:12 PM   #4

As they are short circuits I should imagine its the airbag ecu but wiring should be checked out first. Isolate/disconnect the airbags then carry out wiring checks
DO NOT USE A MULTIMETER ON ANY AIRBAG OR CIRCUIT WHERE THE AIRBAG IS CONNECTED

BUZZARD- You need the Comms unit replacing and where the wheel speed sensor is fixed to the hub chip away the rust behind it in the groove and I mean all the rust in the groove and clean up with emery cloth. You may get away with refitting the old sensor
MadV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-07-12, 08:23 PM   #5

you haven't spilt any fluids down around the centre console gear stick / cup holder area ?
airbag ecu is under their.

bit strange its all of a sudden recorded all those faults especially these:
-Intermittent fault. Control unit.
-Intermittent fault. Configuration error
sounds like ecu to me,
Old 16-07-12, 08:58 PM   #6

Thanks MadV for the advice on cleaning the breaks/rust, as it happens...the guy who sold it to me knew the fault was with the RR abs sensor so I bought one and had my mechanic fit it, I am going to ask him to check it over making sure to clear the grooved area.
After reading some of the posts on here I thought the comms unit would need replacing but it passed planets diagnostics and only reported faults on trigger 1 and trigger 2.
I have no understanding of technical issues regarding ECU's but as my faults say "driver" and mzprx111's post states "passenger" isnt it then fair to think the fault relates to the drivers seat? Im sure ive seen threads about Airbag lights being on because of something to do with the wires under the drivers seat? You may well be right and I will change it if I need to but I just wondered why you think its the comms unit at fault?
Old 17-07-12, 01:21 PM   #7

I recently had a lot of trouble getting my airbag light to go out. I had a mechanic check the fault codes with his diagnostic code reader. It gave the faults Driver's module open circuit and Seat trigger right hand open circuit.
The Driver's module was the comm2000 unit, and the seat trigger turned out to be the drivers seat belt. It checked out the same with a multimeter as the passenger's seat belt, but when I put a 2.2 ohm resister in the plug on the driver's side, the light went out.
Old 17-07-12, 05:15 PM   #8

PP2000 gave faults as "driver module - triggers 1 & 2 - open circuit"

After a few phone calls to Peugeot I was told that these faults may be due to the comms unit but will most probably be the connection under the drivers seat. In order to be sure he wanted 65+vat to run diagnostics. Before contacting Peugeot I had a forum member run diagnostics using PP2000, this checked the comms unit returning with no errors, it was this that lead me to think perhaps the fault lies in the connections under the drivers seat. Before going any further I thought I'd take the car to another friends garage and let him run diagnostics using his snap'on scanner and this returned faults P11801 and P11802. I do not know where he found what those fault means but according to him the fault IS with the comms unit... At this point it feels like im going round in circles and getting no where so Ive booked the car in at my local garage and asked them to check the wires under the seat and then turn his attention to the comms unit and see what he comes up with.

So at the end of all this....all i have managed to work out is that the "driver module" appears to mean the "comms unit" and probably has nothing to do with the seat!?

Can anyone confirm IF the "drivers module" and the codes P11801 and P11802 relate to the same area....the comms unit?
Old 17-07-12, 08:50 PM   #9

If you press f5 info when reading the codes it will come up with a fault code number for the code you are reading
Old 17-07-12, 08:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Thanks MadV for the advice on cleaning the breaks/rust, as it happens...the guy who sold it to me knew the fault was with the RR abs sensor so I bought one and had my mechanic fit it, I am going to ask him to check it over making sure to clear the grooved area.
After reading some of the posts on here I thought the comms unit would need replacing but it passed planets diagnostics and only reported faults on trigger 1 and trigger 2.
I have no understanding of technical issues regarding ECU's but as my faults say "driver" and mzprx111's post states "passenger" isnt it then fair to think the fault relates to the drivers seat? Im sure ive seen threads about Airbag lights being on because of something to do with the wires under the drivers seat? You may well be right and I will change it if I need to but I just wondered why you think its the comms unit at fault?

His says short circuit not open circuit and your problem is a comms unit tested by special tools which fit into the wiring at the connector plug -airbag end
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.