Peugeot Forums banner

Air con pump

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  will1183 
#1 ·
Anyone had experiance with these?

The only one I can find on eBay secondhand is from a 2012 5008 1.6 HDI

I got the number from Servicebox. 9800839580
I would have thought it was not this one due to the car being a late 2006. There are quite a few secondhand on eBay for my year, but they have different serial numbers!

The sticker on my pump with the serial number has been damaged, so I can't read it sadly.

It's a garage job I guess, but I'll supply the pump! I hate to think what they would charge me for a new one ?

Thanks in advance...

#3 ·
Hi!

It works fine, but it makes an awful racket! I thought it was maybe my crank pulley but once the drive belt ws removed, it was clear what the problem was. Someone in the past has also tried to weld the pulley part, it's a bit of a mess.

I can find it for £50 if I use a different seriel numbers that also relate to this part, but Citroen etc. I would imagine that is Ok I, yeah?

#5 ·
You can change the drive/clutch on its own you don't need the whole pump its the bearing in it that collapses I had to do a few on the taxis and it seems to affect 2011 and 2012 models as the bearings were faulty but Peugeot don't admit the issue and wont sell the bearing or drive/clutch assembly

#9 ·
A wee update, I hate unfinished threads ?

Purchased a used pump for £40. Booked car into garage next Thursday. They reckon about £70 to fit and if it will take gas, another £70. Not to bad I think.

Will the secondhand pump take gas? I'm overly concerned if I'm honest, but at least the sound will be gone, and more importantly I can drive the car without worrying about the crank pulley breaking up on me...

Thanks for your help people!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.