307 Suspension Noise - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-11-06, 06:37 PM   #1

Default 307 Suspension Noise

I know it's a common problem on the 307, but I just can't seem to cure it on mine.

I have a 2003 307 HDi 110, DTurbo.

Every so often I get a loud clunk from somewhere in the suspension both sides.

So far the top suspension mounts have been changed twice, anti roll bar clamps and bolts changed, shock absorbers adjusted and the anti roll bar itself adjusted.

The problem gets worse in the wet, and for a day or two after it's been raining.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing it and how to cure it once and for all???
andyross37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-07, 11:08 AM   #2

Andy, do you feel a slight vibration under the cars platform, if so I think we should talk, there is a slight recall in the pipeline for these affected HDI Peugeots. I know what the sound could be, but I'm just about the have it fully inspected by an independent party.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-07, 12:06 PM   #3

Andy do I take it that you have abandoned us
Old 10-03-07, 11:59 PM   #4

To let the foum know Peugeot currenty have a suspension glithc in the 307, mine is being stripped on tuesday to find the source of the rattle and the noise, hopefully it is fixed.
Old 16-03-07, 10:17 AM   #5

Heat shields off centre and not suspension as first diagnosed by me and the peugeot support, as for my underfloor vibration, the pirelli tyre are notorious for this and they will be changed buy peugeot because they are crap !!!!!!

They spoil the ride of a perfectly effective car.
Old 23-03-07, 03:17 PM   #6
Peugeot Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc
Heat shields off centre and not suspension as first diagnosed by me and the peugeot support, as for my underfloor vibration, the pirelli tyre are notorious for this and they will be changed buy peugeot because they are crap !!!!!!

They spoil the ride of a perfectly effective car.

Thanks for the updates. Good to see someone else on the forum making an effort.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-07, 01:04 PM   #7

I had similar clunk noises coming from mine. I replaced the anti roll bar down links (i think they are called that) easy job just 2 nuts on each. If you do replace be sure to buy new nuts as its recommended not to use the old ones.

Hope this helps.
cerbera1971 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-07, 03:00 PM   #8

Default Knocking sound

I may have a similar problem but i'm not to sure.
When I break (relatively gently) during the last 10mph before stopping I often get a loud banging noise coming from the front end of the car. I can feel the bang on the break pedal but the breaking doesn't seem to be affected. It isn't a rapid banging or anything like that. I have known it to start doing it under breaking after having gone over a bump.

It has been into the garage more times than i can remember, its had the pads and disks changed, breaking system fully inspected, sub-frame tighten, but peugeot still cant seem to find whats causing it. If anyone else has had this or know what it may be, please please let me know as I do like this car but is really letting it down and i want it sorted!!!
Cheers
Graeme
tkwanderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-06-07, 03:24 PM   #9

As it is now freezing in Australian my car is as quiet as a mouse, so it definately was the heat shields, there is no suspension fault as once thought, although the vibration under my feet seems to be getting less dominant as the car settles in. With all noises, it is the heat shields, I jacked up my vehicle and had a look at it before peugeot took it and found the source of the noise. Try taking the heat shields off and replacing them after the car cools down.
Old 15-06-07, 03:55 PM   #10

unfortunately the banging happens regardless of whether its hot/cold , wet/dry.

it sounds as if something is slapping against something else. the garage say they have check 'everything' but its theoretically perfectly good!
AAARRRRGGHHH
G
tkwanderson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.