307 HDi 1.6 Air filter box/turbo question?? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-11, 12:45 PM   #1

Default 307 HDi 1.6 Air filter box/turbo question??

Ok, just cleaning my K&N panel filter i noticed whilst removing the filter box lid that the whole bottom section of the filter box is loose and not attached. So as access is not great does anyone have any pics of what it looks like round the back so i can try and locate the box in its fixings or alternative suggestions???

Also whilst removing pipework the turbo inlet pipe orange rubber connecter thing is damaged internally and needs replacing, any ideas as to part number or name of part . Also are they available seperately?

That is all for now
fatsweaty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-11, 02:25 PM   #2

The filter housing clips on to the engine block via a couple of round holes (with rubbers) it's not screwed (secured)onto the engine block.

As for the orange rubber you can pick those up at scrap yards in relatively good nick. Citroen, Peugeot and Fiat all use the same part believe it or not. If you have a second car that you can get around in then remove the rubber and bring it to the scrap yard with you.

Video showing how to replace filters
Hysteria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-11, 02:52 PM   #3

Thanks for that. By the look of it the rubber rings arent there anymore hence i guess why it was wobbling.

Are these available as replacements?
Old 09-04-11, 05:45 PM   #4

Oh dear. Reinstalling the air box i heard a snap, it looks like the lower box locating lug (if it is called that) has cracked one of the brackets, however the other one on the left is ok and once the lid is attached the whole thing sits with 2 more lugs at the top with yellow fixings sooooooo i reckon that is no real harm done...........awaits some advice though
Old 09-04-11, 08:52 PM   #5

My car is the same and never gives any bother
Hysteria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-11, 11:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsweaty View Post
Oh dear. Reinstalling the air box i heard a snap, it looks like the lower box locating lug (if it is called that) has cracked one of the brackets, however the other one on the left is ok and once the lid is attached the whole thing sits with 2 more lugs at the top with yellow fixings sooooooo i reckon that is no real harm done...........awaits some advice though
if you cant hear a rattle when its in leave it alone....hth
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.