306 fan issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 306
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-10, 10:56 AM   #1

Default 306 fan issue

Hi i have just bought a peugeot 306 xsi "V" reg, the fan does not work at all, there is no noise or anything when i turn the fan on, i have checked the fuses and they all seem fine. a heater rad was fitted dec 2009 and the mechanic said it could possibly be a module fault, does anyone else have any clue of what the isse is and the rough cost of getting it fixed
chris1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-10, 12:48 PM   #2

I'm assuming since you are saying when you turn the fan on that you are talking about your blower motor as in the fan in the cab? Not the cooling fan which is there to cool down your engine coolant.

Does anyone know if 306's suffered from the same blower motor issue as 307's?

If this is the issue then it all depends on your personal ability on working on cars (although its all interior work so hardly mechanics). If you can't do it then you'll need to go to a garage/auto electrician.

On 307's the common problem with no blower motor working is due to the blower resistor inside the motor and the wiring loom, they get very oxidised it seems or something, condensation gets in the plug or something and basically just the contact is bad and so it stops working. Peugeot's answer to this is to change the resistor and loom needing to remove the dash completely and like to charge a whopping 650 for the priveledge.

If you're competent in taking things apart and a little soldering, then you can fix it for free!

Obviously all this is said IF the 306 has the same problem as the 307.
roy_newell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-10, 02:43 PM   #3

Hi Roy, yes i mean the cooling system inside the car. i have had a read up on the 307`s but i want to be sure its the same problem, many places are saying replace the Partner Heater Motor Control Resistor but i can only seem to find this part for the models without AC
chris1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-10, 03:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1234
Hi Roy, yes i mean the cooling system inside the car. i have had a read up on the 307`s but i want to be sure its the same problem, many places are saying replace the Partner Heater Motor Control Resistor but i can only seem to find this part for the models without AC
Partner is a model of Peugeot van, lol.

Models with or without AC will have a resistor, the resistor is to set the speed.

The resistor they are mentioning is exactly the one I am referring to. But as I say, on 307s it messes with the wiring loom too.

It'll be in a very similar place to the 307 anyway, exactly where you'd think, behind where the control panel is. The blower motor needs to be turned clockwise to release it.
roy_newell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-02-10, 09:23 PM   #5

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1234
Hi i have just bought a peugeot 306 xsi "V" reg, the fan does not work at all, there is no noise or anything when i turn the fan on, i have checked the fuses and they all seem fine. a heater rad was fitted dec 2009 and the mechanic said it could possibly be a module fault, does anyone else have any clue of what the isse is and the rough cost of getting it fixed
I would remove the blower motor, test it over a battery and take it from there. the 306 suffers from blower motor burm out. I found a pencil jamming a motor a while back
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.