Roof rails for the 3008 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-08-12, 07:57 AM   #1

Default Roof rails for the 3008

I've always Been a bit annoyed that the 3008 never came with built in roof rails (as opposed to the roof bars you can buy as an accessory)

Concidering the 3008 is marketed as a utility vehicle or as Peugeot call it a "Crossover" why weren't roof rails added? All the 3008 competitors I can think of have them, Nissan Qushqui, Ford Kuga the Kia sportage etc etc, the fact that most other Peugeot utility vehicles i.e estates have them just makes it more annoying!!

Does anyone know if you can get after market rails that you could fit using the fixing points?
SusexMariner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-08-12, 09:11 AM   #2

I wish there was such a thing, always liked roof rails, as SM says strange the 3008 is the one crossover that does not have them.
colin13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-13, 04:37 PM   #3

Default What about these?

Hi everyone - my first ever post here. (Hoping to acquire a 3008 very soon.) As for the roof rails, I obviously can't recommend them from personal experience, but if you're willing to buy from China - and for what it's worth, I've always had a very good experience whenever I've done so - then check out these.
surfsup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-13, 04:49 PM   #4

Seems the Chinese version of the car comes with roof rails, so we may have no option but to go there if we want them.
Old 02-06-13, 06:08 PM   #5

Even if it ha roof rails, you'd still need to buy the cross bars before you could carry anything. Whether you buy the current accessory roof bars, or whether the 3008 came with rails and you had to buy cross bars fit those, you've still got to buy and fit bars of one sort or another.
Old 02-06-13, 06:41 PM   #6

Yeah, I know. But who needs to haul stuff on the roof when you can carry so much gear inside a 3008? No, I'd consider getting them just to make the car look a bit more rugged - or, at least, a bit less gay!

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course!)
Old 04-08-13, 05:15 PM   #7

Default Chinese Roofrails Beware

I purchased a set of these roof rails and binned them. For a start they are glue on, secondly they do not fit the 3008 (they are universal) and finally the quality is junk. So that was 128 including duty wasted. I reverted to the originals.
jimsdub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-13, 07:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdub View Post
I purchased a set of these roof rails and binned them. For a start they are glue on, secondly they do not fit the 3008 (they are universal) and finally the quality is junk. So that was 128 including duty wasted. I reverted to the originals.
Thanks for the post, I was tempted to get some!! Always a risk buying something like this but to be honest I've got a couple of small bits for my 3008 from china ie chrome door handles etc and they've been ok, shame about the roof bars as I still think the 3008 would look better with some fitted!!
SusexMariner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.