Tom Tom Live Services - Page 59 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree114Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-05-17, 01:33 PM   #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorky52 View Post
I've just had to chase my dealership for an update on my motor. They've apparently been trying to download updates since 8am yesterday morning from Peugeot then into the car. No joy at the moment. Every licence they've been told to download has failed to be accepted by the vehicles system. As each download takes about 3 hours and none have sorted out the problem I have absolutely no idea when I'll get the car back. I'm beginning to lose patience.
Jeez
Who'd be a dealer now!
Satnav is an albatross for dealers now it seems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-05-17, 05:25 PM   #582

Quote:
I've just had to chase my dealership for an update on my motor. They've apparently been trying to download updates since 8am yesterday morning from Peugeot then into the car. No joy at the moment. Every licence they've been told to download has failed to be accepted by the vehicles system. As each download takes about 3 hours and none have sorted out the problem I have absolutely no idea when I'll get the car back. I'm beginning to lose patience.
Tell them you want a phone call every hour on the hour with an update wether something has happened or not. Hopefully they'll want to get it sorted sooner rather than later.
boasey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-05-17, 06:55 PM   #583

Quote:
Ive just scanned the Peugeot Connect Contract for Blackbox and have been having a very quick read. Did you realise:

Clause 5.1.2 Activation: On average, the service will be activated within one hour of subscription. Your car must have raised the average time by quite a few hours!

Clause 8. Peugeot Customer Contact Centre: Customers may get in touch with Peugeot Customer Contact Centre for any request for information or complaint relating to the services (contact details given)

Old 18-05-17, 07:00 PM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by boasey View Post
Tell them you want a phone call every hour on the hour with an update wether something has happened or not. Hopefully they'll want to get it sorted sooner rather than later.
Mines in on Monday but I can't help feeling that nothing will change.

Yesterday I spoke to the salesman who I normally deal with and he was a bit pissy with me so I asked him what was the matter. This man hadn't been able to set up the "My Peugeot" app so had asked someone else to do it. When there was no Tom Tom Live Services I didn't bother asking him but instead asked one of the others.

Well it looks like my salesman was ready to throw his dolly, teddy and dummy out of his pram until I pointed out that I'd asked one of the others as I'd assumed he wouldn't know. He finally admitted that he hadn't got a clue and now understood why I asked one of the younger salesmen - who, incidentally, didn't know anything about it either!

Omg, can you honestly believe what a fiasco this has become?
Old 18-05-17, 09:38 PM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassetlady View Post
Mines in on Monday but I can't help feeling that nothing will change.

Yesterday I spoke to the salesman who I normally deal with and he was a bit pissy with me so I asked him what was the matter. This man hadn't been able to set up the "My Peugeot" app so had asked someone else to do it. When there was no Tom Tom Live Services I didn't bother asking him but instead asked one of the others.

Well it looks like my salesman was ready to throw his dolly, teddy and dummy out of his pram until I pointed out that I'd asked one of the others as I'd assumed he wouldn't know. He finally admitted that he hadn't got a clue and now understood why I asked one of the younger salesmen - who, incidentally, didn't know anything about it either!

Omg, can you honestly believe what a fiasco this has become?
I used to have a lot of Officers like that Gill; often going out of their way in self destruction mode just to prove a point that never existed.
Importance to some is crucial otherwise they feel they have no respect.
In the end as was always the case, I ended up 'communicating' to them "respect is not what you wear on your arm or lapels, it's how you conduct yourself and treat others".

Hope all 'eventually' gets sorted for you Gill.
Bassetlady likes this.
Old 18-05-17, 10:36 PM   #586

Question

Tell me; when you have your annual service done, do you expect the free map update to be done, without having to ask?.
Old 19-05-17, 09:18 AM   #587

Default Saga update

Just had dealerships chief technician tell me they still can't update my car or get live services working.

Next step apparently is to stick a usb in it that hands over control of the car remotely to main Peugeot technicians in Coventry. If that doesn't work then next option is return the whole car to Coventry to let them have a go.....

Doesn't bode well for my trip to France next weekend. I'm supposed to get an update at 2pm today so we'll wait and see.

Last edited by yorky52; 19-05-17 at 04:34 PM.
yorky52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 04:35 PM   #588

UPDATE

Just picked the car up after 3 full days at dealership. They finally managed to download latest firmware but still no live services. I've now been told technicians at dealership can't do any more. Same for main Peugeot technicians in Coventry. It's now in the hands of Peugeot France and knowing how fast the French work I don't expect a fix in the near future........should have gone to Seat.....
Old 19-05-17, 05:04 PM   #589

Quote:
UPDATE

Just picked the car up after 3 full days at dealership. They finally managed to download latest firmware but still no live services. I've now been told technicians at dealership can't do any more. Same for main Peugeot technicians in Coventry. It's now in the hands of Peugeot France and knowing how fast the French work I don't expect a fix in the near future........should have gone to Seat.....
Wow sorry to hear that Yorky, Seeing as SOS and Peugeot assist both work it has to be something stopping the data getting through it may well be a wire not connected somewhere. I think I would send a nice email Peugeot CEO explaining the situation and what's been done so far asking if he can expedite a repair, make it a nice email tell him its a feature you needed and extremely disappointed to have working. It might speed up the process of getting it fixed at the very least he will pass it to someone within Peugeot that will help.
Old 19-05-17, 05:17 PM   #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontie View Post
Wow sorry to hear that Yorky, Seeing as SOS and Peugeot assist both work it has to be something stopping the data getting through it may well be a wire not connected somewhere. I think I would send a nice email Peugeot CEO explaining the situation and what's been done so far asking if he can expedite a repair, make it a nice email tell him its a feature you needed and extremely disappointed to have working. It might speed up the process of getting it fixed at the very least he will pass it to someone within Peugeot that will help.
I'll see what response the dealer gets on Monday. I'm driving down to the Correze next weekend to relatives. I'm not expecting to be up and running unfortunately so I'll get the French speaking member of the family to email in French and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.