Teething Issues - Page 3 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-17, 11:33 AM   #21

I`m confused about the whole tomtom fiasco, when i picked my car up the dealer did what he has done to 20 previous and activated the software and i signed the contract he then said it takes around half hour to complete which would be done by the time he had shown me around the car. Low and behold when he come to the sat nav it just said TMC in the bottom right, he did tell me however this was the first time it had happened and did seem generally shocked that it had not worked. I was told to give it a few days and it would work and probably like everyone on here reading this now was thinking "yeah right what a load of old B****k`s" but went out to the car this morning and it now say`s tomtom traffic in the bottom right, although my Peugeot app still say`s activation in progress. So which one is right ?? is it activated or not ??
Advertisement

Old 21-04-17, 11:40 AM   #22

I think they're using us 3008 owners to iron out problems before they have a similar experience with the new 5008.
Old 21-04-17, 11:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart.bush View Post
I`m confused about the whole tomtom fiasco, when i picked my car up the dealer did what he has done to 20 previous and activated the software and i signed the contract he then said it takes around half hour to complete which would be done by the time he had shown me around the car. Low and behold when he come to the sat nav it just said TMC in the bottom right, he did tell me however this was the first time it had happened and did seem generally shocked that it had not worked. I was told to give it a few days and it would work and probably like everyone on here reading this now was thinking "yeah right what a load of old B****k`s" but went out to the car this morning and it now say`s tomtom traffic in the bottom right, although my Peugeot app still say`s activation in progress. So which one is right ?? is it activated or not ??
So long as the car says TomTom Traffic its activated, the My Peugeot app on my phone still says "activation in progress" I thought it would change when I opened the app in the car so it could sync but its never did change.
Fontie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-04-17, 11:44 AM   #24

Cheers Fontie, that`s good to know
Old 21-04-17, 11:54 AM   #25

And when you get fed up with it going up and down Stuart, I've got the instructions to disconnect and return to TMC...lol!!
Jill likes this.
lee789 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 12:07 PM   #26

Mine yesterday while in heavy traffic did have TMC but still gave me directions, today it's back to TomTom. Not impressed with it so far.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 12:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Mine yesterday while in heavy traffic did have TMC but still gave me directions, today it's back to TomTom. Not impressed with it so far.
I think we should all phone Peugeot customer service and complain, unless we do nothing will ever get done !
Jill likes this.
Old 21-04-17, 12:35 PM   #28

Me neither Jill. I had trouble with TT Live and their camera database in my company's Hyundai Tucson, which incidentally comes pre-activated, and I believe are free for life. Many times TMC was more up to date with traffic information than the Live Services, and even more often I wasn't notified of traffic jams, and rarely re-routed past them. One thing it didn't do was lose communication as happens in the 3008, so my money is on something being wrong at Peugeot's end. I haven't tried yet, but I'm wondering if you can mirror link your phone to the main screen and use free live traffic & camera apps as an alternative. If that's possible maybe you can also control them through the touchscreen. I usually have loads of my monthly data allowance left, and it;s a lot cheaper than subscribing to Tom Tom.
lee789 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 12:48 PM   #29

Well it didn't show the huge traffic jam so I was stuck! I don't have enough data allowance either. Will have to think of something! I think Fonte is correct! I may just wait until we go to the garage next week for it's check? or email dealer?
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 01:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Well it didn't show the huge traffic jam so I was stuck! I don't have enough data allowance either. Will have to think of something! I think Fonte is correct! I may just wait until we go to the garage next week for it's check? or email dealer?
The dealer wont have a clue what to do with this, I think I said before somewhere this is either a software problem on the car where the data on the sim connects and disconnects or its a problem with whatever of our 4 mobile network providers it connects to, last it could be the TomTom traffic server which I doubt. My moneys on a software bug in the car, saying that though the French only complain of loosing signal in really rural area's where there is no mobile signal.

We all need to phone Peugeot customer service and get a ticket raised so it can be looked into
Jill likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.