Software versions.. - Page 12 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-17, 05:10 PM   #111

I'm already signed up with My Peugeot, just couldn't navigate the French site! I've found the download now thanks. Does the update reset all the settings and profiles?
shamilt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-17, 05:14 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilt1 View Post
I'm already signed up with My Peugeot, just couldn't navigate the French site! I've found the download now thanks. Does the update reset all the settings and profiles?
Nope
Old 20-05-17, 04:31 PM   #113

Updated to 21-05-78-22_NAC-r0 this morning and I've had a few drives today. I've had no disconnects of the Bluetooth as yet so it's looking hopeful there. On my last journey though after starting the car the touch screen stayed black. It was a couple of minutes later after pressing a few piano keys that it started up sluggishly. I've tried it since I've got back home and it seems to be okay again- I'm hoping it's a one off.
shamilt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 20-05-17, 07:12 PM   #114

From all I've managed to gather, it fixes the loss of preferences from the advanced Focal audio menu when you turn off the ignition (presuming you have it installed of course). I'm sure there are other fixes (and new bugs!) too.

One of the areas I'd like to see them try and optimise if they can, is the parking camera, it's slow to kick in when hitting reverse and often the overlay of your car is missing for several seconds.. it's probably the one area my previous QQ did better.
Old 20-05-17, 07:56 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluid View Post
Solved: Version not compatible with hardware

Finally I've figured out what's going on... Apparently the update needs Internet connectivity to work properly. As soon as I connected my car's WiFi to my cell phone (Android, hotspot mode), the update immediately started working! I was able to upgrade directly from 5.15.29.42 to 21.05.78.22.

Please note, that I didn't have any issues updating maps -- this is for software only.

In countries where Connected services is available (not in mine -- Slovenia), this is probably not an issue as the car has probably persistent cellular connection (if you ask me, this raises some eyebrows). But it might explain why people are having intermittent issues with the update (internet temporarily not available?).

Anyway, if you have issues updating, go to the WiFi menu and connect the car to your home WiFi or a hotspot on your phone before inserting the USB stick!

Hopefully this helps other people that are struggling with the SWL upgrade.
Men you are hero, my nightmare of firmware updating is over. Yes, I connected to my home WIFI not using phone, in the Usb stick only SWL file, and update is done.
Next question is how to get working Android Auto and Mirrorlink. I have Sony Xperia Z3+ which have mirrorlink, but when I connect to car, phone screen starts to blink (higher to lower brightness)???
Nagaman likes this.
Aftershock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-05-17, 08:14 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluid View Post
Solved: Version not compatible with hardware

Finally I've figured out what's going on... Apparently the update needs Internet connectivity to work properly. As soon as I connected my car's WiFi to my cell phone (Android, hotspot mode), the update immediately started working! I was able to upgrade directly from 5.15.29.42 to 21.05.78.22.

Please note, that I didn't have any issues updating maps -- this is for software only.

In countries where Connected services is available (not in mine -- Slovenia), this is probably not an issue as the car has probably persistent cellular connection (if you ask me, this raises some eyebrows). But it might explain why people are having intermittent issues with the update (internet temporarily not available?).

Anyway, if you have issues updating, go to the WiFi menu and connect the car to your home WiFi or a hotspot on your phone before inserting the USB stick!

Hopefully this helps other people that are struggling with the SWL upgrade.
Thanks for the info.

I update my software today and confirm this info, after the update if you return to the download page on My Peugeot the update will no longer be available.

Something else I can add is that if the SWL folder has 2 files one for the software and one for the maps when the USB is inserted in the car it says incompatible with the system.
I reformatted and updated the software and then reformatted and updated the maps (did not need internet for the maps).
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-05-17, 08:29 PM   #117

I have updated the FW on my car through all versions on this new one I got for the first time incompatible with the hardware, bit shocked I pulled the USB stick out put it back in several times same message put it in one last time and bingo the update started, only thing I can think is the system hadn't booted up all the way when inserting the USB first few times. I would say to anyone attempting to update start your engine and wait 3 minutes before inserting your USB.
Old 20-05-17, 09:21 PM   #118

The reason you need WiFi when updating is it apparently calls the Peugeot mothership to fetch the license part, but shouldn't need that if you've pre loaded it from My Peugeot already.

Also if you have good mobile coverage it'll use the cars SIM to fetch it, and since mine had neither license nor WiFi I guess that's why I got lucky and it worked first time.

Also worth noting for those of you with Macs, the Map update is very temperamental and would only work after I used a Windows machine to format and load the update. Firmware had no issue in that regard though.
Skwark is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-05-17, 04:49 AM   #119

When it finally gets released here,and I go for a test drive, it will involve a demonstration navigating to my home address......and if it's the right colour, make them an offer for it ........because it works.
Beards likes this.
Old 22-05-17, 07:50 AM   #120

Can I ask if the mypeugeot app can be configured to English somehow?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.