New 3008 drivers advice,Q&As,Problems and Solutions - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-17, 07:30 AM   #1

Default New 3008 drivers advice,Q&As,Problems and Solutions

As a social media novice I have been amazed and delighted by the level of support,information and general "bonhomie " provided on the site.
Such an example is Bassetlady(Gill) who has so kindly helped a virtual I.T. Illiterate!
Having seen the various pieces of advice about the 3008 and recently the Questions and Answers from new owners, I've been "cutting and pasting" like mad to create an easy reference guide ( for when I actually to take delivery).
I then thought that others may benefit from being able to see the same information so ( with Gills help) have started this thread.
I would intend to add to the information as new Q&As, Problems and Solutions became available.
With apologies for this virtual essay, here's the first instalment.

GENERAL INFORMATION (gathered from numerous helpful and savy Forum contributors)

On delivery,make sure that the Audio and Telematics guides are with the car (some dealers have had to raid demonstrators to get a copy for customers) and Tom Tom connection has been activated. Dealership needs to activate contacts by registering each car on the Peugeot system

Look in "Themes" for advice on how to change the display to/from copper

Card slot to right of steering wheel is for parking tickets etc

Sat Nav
Use search button on top line of navigation menu to input a postcode

Voice control
Button just needs a short press to activate- not a long one

GT seat massage feature
There is a button on the side of the seat (near the height adjustment controls) which instantly turns this feature on and also turns the main display to the appropriate screen.

Adaptive cruise control
The 3008 can easily be set to the current speed limit with two taps of the MEM button, the car then brakes and accelerates for you and made the motorway driving a lot easier

Auto wipe
It's necessary to push down the stalk to activate the auto wipe each time you start the engine.1.2 Turbo with EAT6 Auto transmission doesn't support Adaptive Cruise Control (only normal CC

Heated seats
Once selected will remain on (rather than switching off with the engine)

Q&As (from lucky owners) + Problems and Solutions

QUESTION
How do I know it's been set up with Tom Tom and I have the 3 year connectivity?

ANSWER
On the bottom right of the screen you will see TMC if it hasn't been setup, If it has you will see TomTom Live bottom right. It does take a couple of minutes to appear when you first start the car.

QUESTION
Is there anyway to get the current mpg on thr screen permanently?

ANSWER
Go onto the center screen, press the car key, tap the icon that looks like a dash and edit the personal settings, then when you select personal it will show.

PROBLEM
When using the piano key to get back to Android Auto it would be nice if it went straight in to AA without needing to select it on the screen.

SOLUTION
Simple fix for this is to tap the telephone piano key (instead of the app key), this should take you straight back into Android Auto without tapping on the screen (works for Apple Carplay, so hopefully should be the same for you)

PROBLEM
Telephone. I have no problem with answering a call as I press the "telephone" button on the steering wheel but I don't seem able to end the call by using the button on the wheel and have to use the touch screen on the dash

SOLUTION
Short press to answer and LONG..........press to end conversation

QUESTIONS
How to prevent the seat massage coming on each time the engine is started

ANSWER
Go into each of the 3 profiles settings and switch massage to off and save

QUESTION
Relax and boost ambience GT line-
How do I select these options and make them default? (they reset every time I leave the vehicle)

ANSWER
The cartridge is sealed, if you take it out you will see a couple of tabs to peel.
Next go into profiles and once you've select your choice hit save
(This answer is still a work in progress! Might not work for everyone)

QUESTION
Is there any way of adjusting the brightness of the two screens- they are pretty bright for driving at night

ANSWER
If you have a GT or GT-line you can just hit the Relax function and everything changes to a more relaxed mode.
For Allure and ? other models :-
If you've downloaded the car manual (http://www.autoeurope.com/peugeot-fl...ments/3008.pdf) it tells you how to dim the 12" screen in front of you by pressing the button on the far left of the screen (see page 12 " Head up digital screen) or on the touch screen press settings (a small cog) and brightness (a light and a moon)- see page 42 instrument panel dimmer.

QUESTION
Managed to get Tom Tom live going but now I'm on Kmh instead of Mph. I can't find how to change it back

ANSWER
Select the tab top right next to time.
Options
System settings.

QUESTION
Can't find how to reset the trip.....the one that's always on next to the total mileage when the 'dials' display is on.

ANSWER
There's a button on the right side of the main display screen.
Short press starts an engine check, longer press resets the trip.

QUESTION

Finding it difficult to stream music from an android phone to the car via Bluetooth (am able to connect my phone to car via Bluetooth to make and receive calls but cant stream music). Clicking on the 'source' on touchscreen it only shows radio (phone is oneplus 3T)

ANSWER

When you pair the phone you need to select both the telephone AND audio profile, for it to show up as an audio source and work hands free as a phone

GENERAL STUFF (COURTESY OF FONTIES FRENCH TRANSLATION)

If you say "Set Expert Mode" to the voice command, it will let you speak immediately the next time, instead of losing 5 seconds each time to explain how to talk to him

A support of about 5 seconds on the toggle switch "Navigation" allows to display the GPS info (number of satellites visible, coordinates) and to pass the navigation in demo mode, to test trips between 2 arbitrary points on the map .

You can pair 2 different Bluetooth phones at the same time, if they use different Bluetooth profiles, for example 1 for audio streaming and 1 for telephony.

The 3008 is equipped with the "parking lights" function: once the ignition is switched on, the indicator lights can be maneuvered to leave the position lights on only one side, to indicate its position if parked at the edge of the vehicle. 'a road.

You can ask the voice command "What are we listening to? ", And the system will state the name of the artist and the current piece, with a sometimes-surprising English accent

When you are in a Risk Zone already known to the system, you can press the hazard panel icon in the menu bar above the map to indicate that the ZAR is no longer appropriate,

You can define 2 types of POIs for which the navigation will always display at the bottom of the screen an icon indicating which one is closest to your position, which also allows you to start a quick guide to these 2 types of POI ).

As with petrol stations, which indicate the prices of all their fuels when pressing their icon, some car parks can indicate their number of free / total places, their hourly rate and the type of parking (not all information is always available

You can choose the type of fuel whose price at the pump will be displayed on the map, next to the POIs of the petrol stations

You can add addresses of your contacts to favourites: they will appear in the list "My addresses", under the 2 predefined favourites "My house" and "My office".

If you have digital radio (DAB), your NAC can also play videos stored on the USB stick

If you have the electric seats, there is a button hidden down and at the front of the right side of the passenger seat, which allows to adjust the inclination of the seat.

If you do not have a spare tyre, you have a troubleshooting kit with a small compressor that plugs into one of the 12 V sockets of the car and can be used at any time to control the pressure or inflate a tire even if not punctured.

If you have the superlock option, you will find on the control panel to the left of the steering wheel a button that activates the child safety device electrically, instead of using the mechanical key in the rear door edge.

There are 5 different ways to manoeuvre the motorized tailgate
ribs, Nagaman, summerjunk and 11 others like this.

Last edited by Issy; 19-05-17 at 04:16 PM. Reason: additional information
Issy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-17, 07:51 AM   #2

Issa this is great and I would think much appreciated by all who will be collecting their car at some point in the future.

Thank you and also everyone on this forum for their input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chrissyboy74 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-17, 07:55 AM   #3

Super idea and very informative . Well done

Old 10-05-17, 07:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissyboy74 View Post
Issa this is great and I would think much appreciated by all who will be collecting their car at some point in the future.

Thank you and also everyone on this forum for their input.

Apologies for spelling your name wrong Issy. I teach a child called Issa and my phone auto corrected to that Name!

Chrissyboy74 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-17, 08:10 AM   #5

Hi Issy, thanks for this :-) It might be worthwhile to put under your 'Adaptive Cruise Control' bit that the 1.2 Turbo with EAT6 Auto transmission doesn't support Adaptive Cruise Control (only normal CC) as I think some people may have missed this as I did when I originally was looking at the 3008 before purchase.
Issy and Chrissyboy74 like this.
Tell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-17, 08:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issy View Post
Thanks for the information, I'll add it as soon as I can find out how to edit my original posted information!
Hi Issy

Just go into your original post and hit edit. You can then add or delete as you wish but you have to fill in the box to explain why you have edited (short note) then hit save and voila.

Do you intend to add new info to your original post?

Chris
Old 10-05-17, 09:27 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Excellent post Issy.

Are we all in agreement , you all want this is to be on top of the thread as a Sticky to help new owners?

Paul
Old 10-05-17, 09:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issy View Post
Thanks for the information, I'll add it as soon as I can find out how to edit my original posted information!
Hi Issy, your edit has gone in slightly the wrong place - in 'Auto Wipe' instead of 'Adaptive Cruise Control' - easy to rectify though :-)

Auto wipe
It's necessary to push down t 1.2 Turbo with EAT6 Auto transmission doesn't support Adaptive Cruise Control (only normal CC)he stalk to activate the auto wipe each time you start the engine.
Tell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-17, 09:40 AM   #9

question ??....not got my 3008 yet , but here is a question for all ....travelling the road and up ahead is a 30mph limit sign , how do i tell the car to slow down and stick to that speed limit , can it be done with the click of a button or one of the stalks ??
lovemycar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-17, 10:21 AM   #10

Should definitely be a sticky this...thank you Issy. Saves time trawling through all the posts for the important stuff. Hopefully you'll keep adding new info and tips to your original post? If you are then you're gonna be busy
shamilt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.