How big discount did you guys get? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-17, 12:49 PM   #1

Thumbs up How big discount did you guys get?

I'm just wondering how many people get discounts (good ones) when they shop cars? ...

Tell your model and the price in your country and what discount you got (if you want to )

I'm signing on my GT 180 HDI this weekend... it has every option available here in Denmark wireless charger + 220v, adaptive CC, 360 cam, AGR seats w/massage, Panoramic roof, FOCAL, DAB+ and so on.. (I know many things are standard in some countries but not here) :P I also get a set of winter tires + rims (chicago 17") and a rust protection for the underside (don't know what that is called in english

price in Denmark would be about 620.000 DKK (about 71.500 pounds) and I got a discount of 101.500 DKK (about 11.700 pounds) ... My price ended up being 518.500 incl. delivery and everything else... (about 59.800 pounds)

I think I got it at a real good price
Coast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-05-17, 12:53 PM   #2

Think the best discount available here was 8k off the GT. Which would make it 26k. Add another 2k on for the full option suite and you could have a fully loaded GT for 28k sterling.
pinkaardvark is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-17, 12:57 PM   #3

Was that discount something they announced? ... That's a weird move by peugeot if that's true? .. Wouldn't that make the GT cheaper than most of the other models in the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkaardvark View Post
Think the best discount available here was 8k off the GT. Which would make it 26k. Add another 2k on for the full option suite and you could have a fully loaded GT for 28k sterling.

Old 17-05-17, 01:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast View Post
Was that discount something they announced? ... That's a weird move by peugeot if that's true? .. Wouldn't that make the GT cheaper than most of the other models in the UK?
No of course not. Discount is something you negotiate for mano a mano

Fleet discounts on old 3008 were upto 25% probably down to how ugly the thing was. Many brokers got orders through on those old levels before peugeot clamped down on them.
Old 17-05-17, 01:03 PM   #5

That's why I asked :P ... was that your discount?

Ohhh so it was on the old 3008? .. Old models selling out will always be cheap :P (C4 grand picasso hehe) :P

Quote:
No of course not. Discount is something you negotiate for mano a mano

Fleet discounts on old 3008 were upto 25% probably down to how ugly the thing was. Many brokers got orders through on those old levels before peugeot clamped down on them.
Old 17-05-17, 01:18 PM   #6

Quote:
That's why I asked :P ... was that your discount?

Ohhh so it was on the old 3008? .. Old models selling out will always be cheap :P (C4 grand picasso hehe) :P
No it was for the new model(old discount level used on new model). I personally got 6800 off. Best I was offered was 8k but as I mentioned this was a fleet purchase so car would be pre-registered to fleet which I didn't want.
Old 17-05-17, 01:21 PM   #7

Arhhhh ok ) ... What is the problem having it pre-registered to fleet? (asking because I don't know

Quote:
No it was for the new model(old discount level used on new model). I personally got 6800 off. Best I was offered was 8k but as I mentioned this was a fleet purchase so car would be pre-registered to fleet which I didn't want.
Old 17-05-17, 01:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Arhhhh ok ) ... What is the problem having it pre-registered to fleet? (asking because I don't know
Discounts higher than those available to individuals are available to fleets as they buy in volume. To ensure those discounts aren't abused, the car must be registered to the fleet. In order to abuse those discounts and pass them on to individuals, fleets may sell the cars but register it to themselves for 90-180 days before transferring the ownership. There are some minor legal grey areas in uk law around insurance and legal ownership that mean not everyone prefers this option(myself included). But in general no harm seems to come from it.
Old 17-05-17, 01:26 PM   #9

The only difference that springs to my mind is that the car would be first registered to the fleet company rather than to pinkaardvark which would mean it is basically classed as used as soon as ownership has changed even if the car hasn't been on the road.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-17, 01:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
The only difference that springs to my mind is that the car would be first registered to the fleet company rather than to pinkaardvark which would mean it is basically classed as used as soon as ownership has changed even if the car hasn't been on the road.
Some info here.. Motorists at risk from log book delays - BBC News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.