GT model UK tracking - Page 29 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-17, 09:53 AM   #281
Super Moderator

I cannot think of another manufacturer who has a seven month waiting list other then some prestige brands which tend to be handbuilt.
Advertisement

Old 21-04-17, 09:57 AM   #282

The fact they said because it's so popular that the build date is moving back is just proof they don't build in order.

I've emailed my dealer and asked the web chat. The web chat said my car has a may 9th build and June delivery.

Pinch of salt!
karlfr is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 10:12 AM   #283

Hi Guys,

It's not just 3008s that have a long wait..
16 weeks for a Traveller?! Really!! for what is intrinsically a van.
I'm beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with Peugeot's manufacturing processes, ordered a Renault van in November, turned up on my drive in December. That's the way it should be done.

Grumpy
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-04-17, 03:05 PM   #284

Depending what they say on Tuesday I may have to look at other options. It's not the wait that's bothering me it's the fact that from June we have no car as our lease ends and our current car goes back.

The other annoying thing is there are no real alternatives that float my boat. Either they are dull cars or they go up into the next bracket and beyond our price range.
pauljos1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 06:54 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljos1 View Post
Depending what they say on Tuesday I may have to look at other options. It's not the wait that's bothering me it's the fact that from June we have no car as our lease ends and our current car goes back.

The other annoying thing is there are no real alternatives that float my boat. Either they are dull cars or they go up into the next bracket and beyond our price range.
If you can show Peugeot or your lease company that you ordered the car on the understanding that the new car would be ready in time for the return of your lease car you might be able to get a courtesy car to tide you over. I had slightly different circumstance and was offered a car but declined because we have my wifeís car that we can use and I didnít want to complicate matters with insurance etc. Worth a try! After all said and done itís a bit late to be thinking about ordering a different car to replace your current car and as you say there isnít much to choose from.
Old 21-04-17, 07:06 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dautres View Post
If you can show Peugeot or your lease company that you ordered the car on the understanding that the new car would be ready in time for the return of your lease car you might be able to get a courtesy car to tide you over. I had slightly different circumstance and was offered a car but declined because we have my wifeís car that we can use and I didnít want to complicate matters with insurance etc. Worth a try! After all said and done itís a bit late to be thinking about ordering a different car to replace your current car and as you say there isnít much to choose from.
I definitely think trying for a courtesy car is worthwhile although I tried to get my dealer to let me have a demo for a week or so while the damage on mine was repaired but I wasn't too successful, even though it's their negligence that's caused it. Mind you, I do still have my current car to use but I wanted a 3008
Old 21-04-17, 10:18 PM   #287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dautres View Post
My GT order spreadsheet is taking a little longer than I anticipated, too much chit chat to wade through for one thing. Also one or two members have not entered their details in the sticky thread so I've had some searching to do. In addition member dshrimp seems to have gone AWOL, he/she announced in March that delivery was imminent but not a word since.

If SuzyQ is reading this post it would be good to have an update on your position please.
Hi Dautres,

Sorry, only just seen your message........the joys of night shifts.

Ordered 6th Jan, found out a couple of weeks ago after going to David Peel regarding the lack of information, delays and poor service that after investigation, the two people I've dealt with at the dealership have been lying and didn't put my order in until the 3rd Feb (an internal investigation is now going on). I've had a 100% guarantee that my car will be built some time in May but no build date yet. The dealer principle said it would be June delivery at the latest. We shall wait and see.
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-17, 10:25 PM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljos1 View Post

I know how you feel, I was looking at forgetting the 3008 but then when I had another look at what was available for my budget, nothing came close. I'm in the same position and have to hand my current car back in June but now have it in black and white that the dealership with provide a courtesy car and insure me on it until the 3008 arrives. I have a slight advantage that the dealership is trying to make up for some issues that I've had so are being very helpful at the moment. As others have said, speak to the dealership and see what they can do, you might have a pleasant surprise.
Old 21-04-17, 10:53 PM   #289

Like I've said, been on nights and only just had a look at my emails. Had one from the Dealer Principle this afternoon stating 16th May build. It's the first time that I've been given any build date.......the excitement is building again
Just hope it doesn't get moved back.
Old 22-04-17, 08:54 AM   #290

Out of interest, is the build date when the car is built, or when they start? Because how would you class starting build as it's all prebuilt parts moving around factory etc.

Also, i was given may 9th build and Suzi is may 16th... Both Tuesdays. So is that a week to build or Tues are UK builds

Got me thinking that's all
karlfr is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.