Peugeot Forums banner

GT model UK tracking

74K views 642 replies 52 participants last post by  ArthurL 
#1 · (Edited)
i wanted to do a separate thread for GT models only to try and keep track of orders

if GT orders could put the following for there orders that would be great.

options
focal hifi

ordered: 10th feb
seems order did not go through until 15th feb (my fault, i added focal) cant see why they couldnt just add to order rather then cancel and re order

original build: may
original delivery: june

updated build: july

7th march updated build: may

16th march update: april build

i was told this morning that there is a chance build could be earlier (im not hopeful)

27th march update: told july build

29th march update: told all gt's have been delayed and will now be may/june build

19th APRIL UPDATE: not heard anything from dealer since last week where i was told that my car is on schedule for may build

END OF APRIL: car build date of may 9th

MAY 3RD UPDATE: still may 9th build date. 3 weeks delivery so possible for end of may

See less See more
#573 ·
Update for original build date of 22nd June...

I have received an update and I am sorry to say that your vehicle is due to leave the factory on the 27th of July.

It is due to be built week commencing the 24th of July. Delivery takes up to 4 weeks.

I am sorry for this however if you have any concerns you will need to speak with your dealership principle.

Kind Regards

Charlie
ONLINE ORDERING TEAM
0800 042 22 55

#574 ·
I'm now seething over this. Just been told that the build date has moved back to 5th July. That's now 3 missed build dates and who's to say that it will get built on the next given date. I'm especially annoyed now as there are others who ordered after I did who have had notification their car is built and in transit. Looks like I may be cancelling at this rate.

#576 ·
Its in the UK

Had some good news from the dealer. Car has been built and I have the VIN.
It is in the UK and I have selected the registration number.
Expected date at the dealership 7th July (same day as GOT new series - spooky:eek:).

After a five month wait (ordered February 13th), looks like the end is finally in sight. I'll be a happy chappy if it goes to plan from here.:)

3008 GT 2.0 HDI 180 EAT6, NIMBUS GREY, plus TOWBAR
=================================================

#577 ·
Nearly there...

Had some good news from the dealer. Car has been built and I have the VIN.
It is in the UK and I have selected the registration number.
Expected date at the dealership 7th July (same day as GOT new series - spooky:eek:).

After a five month wait (ordered February 13th), looks like the end is finally in sight. I'll be a happy chappy if it goes to plan from here.:)

3008 GT 2.0 HDI 180 EAT6, NIMBUS GREY, plus TOWBAR
=================================================
Glad to hear things are moving forward Finlays Dad! May just pip you - have had confirmation ours is in the UK, due at dealers on 5th July but may not be able to collect until 7th due to work commitments:mad:
Could it be the saga is finally coming to an end - just hoping it arrives in one piece unlike poor BassetLady's - and indeed our 'old' 3008 which arrived with a chipped roof!:eek:

#579 ·
Good news.... my car arrived at the dealership this morning! The order was placed 08/02/17, so it's been a long wait, with delayed build dates along the way. I have seen the car in the flesh and I have to say that the alcantara trim looks great and gives it a real premium look. I will be collecting the car next week. :)

#580 ·
Just found out my car arrived at the dealer yesterday (Ordered 30/01/17), but have been told it could take a week to sort out the finance documents between me, my lease company and the dealer.

I go on holiday a week tomorrow, so will probably miss delivery until I return. Doh!!

#582 ·
Alcantara trim

This is an image I got from the dealer which seems pretty good quality. I havnt seen it in rreal life (but I may be getting it on my GT). I did see a GT for the firset time today in the showroom and it did look really good with the wood trim. It was a white GT and the larrge rim sizes also looked great on the car. Can wait till next week (fingers crossed) to get mine.

Attachments

#584 ·
Finally!!!

"Hi Paul

Great news your car will be in the RDC (Regional Distribution Centre) on Sunday this week! shipping is approx 2 -3 weeks from here, we have flagged the car as a priority and dealer knows NOT to touch it with any cleaning products!

I will double check on Mon/tues next week to make sure its left France but hopefully everything will run smoothly from here."

Finally, the end is in sight!

#585 ·
At last...

It's Here!!!:D

I've just had confirmation that my new baby is here, tucked up in the dealers workshop. Tomorrow it will have its PDI and the (thrown in) Autoglym paint etc protection, then should be picking it up on Friday morning - after nearly 150 days of waiting!

Can't wait to see what the blue looks like in person - and on a sunny day hopefully.

Fingers crossed those of you still waiting have a smooth journey from here - it looks as though some of the early cars are at last making their way out of the sausage machine...

#591 ·
Its finally arrived at the dealers...... but

Well finally had the call today from my broker, my new car has arrived at the dealers.
However I have taken the decision to delay delivery now until the new reg plate 1st Sept
I thought whats another few weeks as I have been waiting 25 weeks already !!!!

Pearl White 2.0 GT with a couple of extras ( has the wood trim I checked )

#594 ·
Got It!

Collected my car from dealers this morning. Relieved after five months to finally get it and I'm not disappointed. Its fantastic.:thumb:
Done 80 miles just trying things out , and I love it. Its plenty powerful and that's without the Sport mode selected - with this it does give that extra throaty roar and performance increases with the higher revs and tighter handling wheel.
Still working on the teccy bits - haven't sorted out how to make/receive calls or texts when Mirrorlink is selected to play music via phone - Im sure it will all become clear in time. Music sounds great though the standard speakers and the DAB radio works well with no cutting out.
Ill give more experiences as I get used to it but for now heres some pictures (in the rain).

Attachments

#595 · (Edited)
Received ours yesterday. Love it.
Usual navigation booklet missing and we have a piece of trim on the center console not clipped in. I will take a look another day as it was pouring with rain. Will report faults back to our lease company.
Initial comments:
Cockpit display was too bright for me at night. Took some time to find out how to dim. Should be a separate dial IMO.
Comfortable, quiet and has plenty of torque compared to our old Kuga TDi.
Ride on 19 inch wheels very good.
Oozes quality throughout.
Switched off the dipping mirrors whilst reversing as thought they went down too much, couldn't see other cars very well. Noted if you reverse a little faster the mirrors pop up again.
Still pressing lots of buttons to find out how things work - the navigation manual online is very poorly written.
Cruise, paddles and indicator stalk very close together. Keep press voice instead of resume when playing with cruise control.
Took a while to shut voice up rabbiting on every time I press the buttom. Say 'Set dialogue to expert mode', not 'set expert mode' which I read somewhere.
Adaptive cruise works very well, only had a quick play - not sure if I like the car braking and driving itself...
Ventilation fan runs faster to what I am used to despite coolish temperature yesterday afternoon. All set to auto. Had to direct all vents away from bodies.
Audio sound very good from standard setup. Phones connected easily, android auto connected but I thought I could use Waze navigation instead of Google maps. Not found an option to change that yet. Need to read up more. Built in navigation is good anyway. Live Tom Tom yet to be activated...

#596 ·
Great summary, and echoes my own GT findings having had mine for just over a week. They got me the navigation book for my car on handover, but to be honest the handbooks are like they are for a different model of car! The audio/telematics books for years with Citroen and Peugeot have been awful, explaining very little and confusing me, more than answering my questions. Its easier to work out things by yourself or just post on here.

You can change the harshness of the Auto fan setting to Soft if necessary in the Climate settings.

Is the piece of trim the chrome piece above the glovebox on the passenger side? See my forum post elsewhere for details. Its sorted now on my car, but was loose when I got the car.

#599 ·
#601 ·
Echo the recent comments here. Received mine Monday and the build quality staggers me. It feels/sounds as solid as a rock and is so nice to drive on the crap roads on the Lincs wolds. Much smoother than was my Kuga. All for a £8.3K discount via new-car-discounts BTW. The communication being spot on from them and delivered to my door with nearly a half tank of diesel to boot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.