Dashcam fitting - Page 2 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-17, 04:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriesFan View Post
Was going to get a dashcam fitted at Halfords but they wont touch my 3008 as it has keyless entry?!?

Anyone know a good value dashcam fitter?
Have you already bought the dashcam?
Advertisement

Old 19-05-17, 06:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriesFan View Post
Was going to get a dashcam fitted at Halfords but they wont touch my 3008 as it has keyless entry?!?

Anyone know a good value dashcam fitter?

This is my dashcam installation:

Photo 1 - shows the Blackvue dashcam located beneath the mirror cluster. Ignore the rain drop and adjacent speck.

Photo 2 - shows the dashcam is completely out of view when driving.

The wiring is taken around the windscreen, down the passenger A pillar and into the glovebox. The wire is neatly tucked behind the roof lining and pillar cover, no dismantling is required.

Photo 3 - Despite earlier information to the contrary there are fuses behind the cover to the left of the fragrance dispenser. No need to take the wires externally or through the bulkhead.

The Black view requires a permanent and switched live because it has a park function. The small box beneath the fragrance dispenser is a unit that prevents the battery from discharging below a certain level.

As an alternative to hard wiring the 12v plug on the dashcam lead could be plugged into the 12v socket under the dash or rear passenger 12v socket.
Attached Thumbnails
img_2516.jpg   img_2536.jpg   img_2537.jpg  
Old 19-05-17, 07:17 PM   #13

Thanks for that Dautres... have been thinking about that dashcam... but have held out as I don't want anything visible... so that has put my mind at rest!

They do that model with a separate rear camera too... where an additional wire extends to a further camera on rear window.. do you have that one? If so is the rear camera easy to wire through too?
JupiterMan is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-05-17, 07:55 PM   #14

Nice installation Dautres, can I remind everyone that if your dashacm has a live feed via a monitor on the back that the driver should not be able to see the image when driving in the UK.
I know that the boys in blue round here have been stoping people to remind them of this when it's obvious that the driver can see the screen. It's amazing ghe number of cars I saw over winter where I could see the image from my car driving behind them, it was obvious that it was visible to the driver too.
Has anyone hsd a discount from their insurers with one of these fitted? Not going to bother me when mine arrives as I will be on company insurance however was thinking of fitting one inthe wife's car as well
Old 19-05-17, 08:48 PM   #15

There is also a legal maximum distance the camera can encroach within the area swept by the wipers. Can't remember off the top of my head but it is easily found using the search engine of your choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 09:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dautres View Post
This is my dashcam installation:

Photo 1 - shows the Blackvue dashcam located beneath the mirror cluster. Ignore the rain drop and adjacent speck.

Photo 2 - shows the dashcam is completely out of view when driving.

The wiring is taken around the windscreen, down the passenger A pillar and into the glovebox. The wire is neatly tucked behind the roof lining and pillar cover, no dismantling is required.

Photo 3 - Despite earlier information to the contrary there are fuses behind the cover to the left of the fragrance dispenser. No need to take the wires externally or through the bulkhead.

The Black view requires a permanent and switched live because it has a park function. The small box beneath the fragrance dispenser is a unit that prevents the battery from discharging below a certain level.

As an alternative to hard wiring the 12v plug on the dashcam lead could be plugged into the 12v socket under the dash or rear passenger 12v socket.
Thanks for that post! Awesome description and photos!!! Thank you.
CherriesFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 09:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
There is also a legal maximum distance the camera can encroach within the area swept by the wipers. Can't remember off the top of my head but it is easily found using the search engine of your choice.
Thanks storeman, didn't know that, will bear it in mind
Old 19-05-17, 09:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Sadly noone seems to take notice of the legislation, it's a huge bug bear of mine that I see people driving with a big satnav glued to the screen in the middle of the area they should be looking through. I'm guessing it must be very poorly policed also judging by peoples behaviours.
pinkaardvark is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-05-17, 04:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkaardvark View Post
Sadly noone seems to take notice of the legislation, it's a huge bug bear of mine that I see people driving with a big satnav glued to the screen in the middle of the area they should be looking through. I'm guessing it must be very poorly policed also judging by peoples behaviours.
There must be many millions of infringements in that case surely.
Old 20-05-17, 05:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkaardvark View Post
True, just like morons with their mobile glued to their ear or worse texting while driving I've even seen a couple of drivers reading a newspaper while driving but regardless of how many get away, the ones that do get caught ususally get severe penalties. It's never going to stop, how long has there been drink driving laws but people still take the chance.

If you don't do it then you won't get caught but if you do it then do you want to take the chance of being caught - I don't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.