Dashcam fitting - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-17, 12:23 PM   #1

Default Dashcam fitting

Was going to get a dashcam fitted at Halfords but they wont touch my 3008 as it has keyless entry?!?

Anyone know a good value dashcam fitter?
CherriesFan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-17, 12:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriesFan View Post
Was going to get a dashcam fitted at Halfords but they wont touch my 3008 as it has keyless entry?!?

Anyone know a good value dashcam fitter?
What has keyless got to do with it???
pinkaardvark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 01:11 PM   #3

Look on line for a local in car audio installer. They will have the dash cams and know how to fit.
Alternatively buy one from Amazon or somewhere just plug it into your ciggy lighter socket as I did with my transcend 200

My car is keyless entry too

Grumpy

Last edited by grumpyoldgit; 19-05-17 at 01:11 PM. Reason: adding detail
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-05-17, 01:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkaardvark View Post
What has keyless got to do with it???
Good question. Something to do with the power being on and off at random times with the key vicinity....or something!
Old 19-05-17, 01:22 PM   #5

Unless the key being able to turn on the power source to the camera without turning on the ignition then there shouldn't be a problem. Every dashcam I have come across is by default set to come on when the ignition is on and to shut itself down when the ignition goes off. Obviously this requires the power source to be ignition controlled. So, unless the key turns the ignition on just by being in or near the car then I fail to see the issue.

Or maybe they haven't got a clue how to remove the trims to fit it neatly and hide all the wiring because the car is so new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 01:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherriesFan View Post
Good question. Something to do with the power being on and off at random times with the key vicinity....or something!
I'd just wire it onto same circuit as cigarette lighter, which is off when car is off. Some DashCams like to be wired so they can come on when the ignition is off to detect people bumping your car in car parks, maybe this is related to their concerns.
pinkaardvark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 01:32 PM   #7

Quote:
I'd just wire it onto same circuit as cigarette lighter, which is off when car is off. Some DashCams like to be wired so they can come on when the ignition is off to detect people bumping your car in car parks, maybe this is related to their concerns.

Or maybe as mentioned above, its just an excuse

Just need to find someone not too expensive to do it. I dont like messing with car electrics.
Old 19-05-17, 03:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Some DashCams like to be wired so they can come on when the ignition is off to detect people bumping your car in car parks, maybe this is related to their concerns.
That is called parking mode and requires a permanent live supply and stops the auto record start and shutdown with the ignition. Even that wouldn't cause any issues to anyone half competent.

I bought a hardwire kit for my dashcam. It uses a piggyback fuse connector. Find a live to suit your requirement (mine was a switched live), remove the fuse and plug in the piggyback. The fuse you took out now goes into the piggyback next to the camera fuse. With the cable to the camera tucked away behind trims it looks great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19-05-17, 03:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
That is called parking mode and requires a permanent live supply and stops the auto record start and shutdown with the ignition. Even that wouldn't cause any issues to anyone half competent.

I bought a hardwire kit for my dashcam. It uses a piggyback fuse connector. Find a live to suit your requirement (mine was a switched live), remove the fuse and plug in the piggyback. The fuse you took out now goes into the piggyback next to the camera fuse. With the cable to the camera tucked away behind trims it looks great.
Hoe easy is it mate?
Old 19-05-17, 04:08 PM   #10

Can't say for your car as I don't think I've even seen one But if the trims up the side of the screen come off the same as on the 308 very easy.

1) Position the camera where you want it to be.
2) Working back from the camera, feed the hardwire cable behind the roof lining to the pillar and down to the dash. There's usually places you can clip it in to keep it tidy. Leave enough cable to reach the camera with a little extra spare.
3) Peel back the door rubber weather strip to feed the cable below the dash then push the rubber back in place to hold the cable out of sight.
[EDIT} Missed a step
3a) Locate a fuse in the BSI then[EDIT Complete}
4) With the ignition on, use a volt meter to find a live then check to see if it goes out immediately when the igniton is turned off. The fuse needs to be 10amps or more.
5) Once you have a suitable fuse, pull it out and fit the piggyback connector in it's place. The fuse you took out goes into the empty place in the piggyback.
6) find an earth point to connect the black wire and tidy up any excess cable and secure it to something convenient so it doesn't foul anything.
7) Test it works.

You could use any 12volt tester like one of those little screwdrivers that lights up or a simple bulb with wires attached.

Last edited by storeman; 19-05-17 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.