Buying from a broker query - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-17, 10:41 AM   #1

Default Buying from a broker query

I've bought my 3008 from a broker and it'll be pre registered. I was hoping to pick my car up from his dealership ( around 40 miles away). He has told me this morning that the car won't actually go to his dealership -he never sees it, instead it goes to the Peugeot dealership in the Midlands to be pdi'd then driven to me. He had already told me that you didn't want me to have the Peugeot order number because it's supposed to be a fleet sale and would look odd if I was enquiring about it. With this in mind I doubt I'll be able to pick it up from the Peugeot dealership myself, which is unfortunate as I would rather collect then have it driven to me. Is this the usual case when getting a pre reg car?
shamilt1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-04-17, 11:48 AM   #2

No simple answer i'm afraid. What you describe makes sense though if your buying on a deal where the car is a fleet purchase. The supplying dealer is not going to want to deal with you as the reason it's cheaper on fleet is because they don't have that overhead.

Not all broker deals are like this though, it is just one route to purchase. My DS5 which I bought through broker4cars, I just paid the broker their fee and got handed to a citroen dealer who supplied the car with citroen finance and delivered it on a low loader.

My current order is also through them but for the 3008 they are using a bulk purchase option, the car is franchise dealer supplied and will be registered first to me, but they don't want to give out the pug order number for similar reasons.
pinkaardvark is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-17, 12:00 PM   #3

Ive ordered through a company called Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. As I understand it they place the order through a franchised dealer and when the dealer has the vehicle they will get in touch and someone brings the car to you. I ordered on the 13 Feb and originally it was showing eta 01 May but on last update that had been put back to 30 May. I seem to get an update email every 14 days or so from Nationwide
Jason69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-04-17, 12:01 PM   #4

Thanks for your answer pinkaardvark, mine is a fleet sale and as it's my first time doing it this way, I'm learning as I go along.
Old 19-04-17, 01:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkaardvark View Post
No simple answer i'm afraid. What you describe makes sense though if your buying on a deal where the car is a fleet purchase. The supplying dealer is not going to want to deal with you as the reason it's cheaper on fleet is because they don't have that overhead.

Not all broker deals are like this though, it is just one route to purchase. My DS5 which I bought through broker4cars, I just paid the broker their fee and got handed to a citroen dealer who supplied the car with citroen finance and delivered it on a low loader.

My current order is also through them but for the 3008 they are using a bulk purchase option, the car is franchise dealer supplied and will be registered first to me, but they don't want to give out the pug order number for similar reasons.
Same purchase route here @pinkaardvark - the challenge given this TomTom activation fiasco is getting them to sort the contract out. Have you managed to do that yet?
Old 19-04-17, 01:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason69 View Post
Ive ordered through a company called Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. As I understand it they place the order through a franchised dealer and when the dealer has the vehicle they will get in touch and someone brings the car to you. I ordered on the 13 Feb and originally it was showing eta 01 May but on last update that had been put back to 30 May. I seem to get an update email every 14 days or so from Nationwide
Thanks Jason, so that's how it works....
Old 19-04-17, 02:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwark View Post
Same purchase route here @pinkaardvark - the challenge given this TomTom activation fiasco is getting them to sort the contract out. Have you managed to do that yet?
Sorry.. not really sure what you are asking me? I was just waiting to hear when the car was ready for delivery and then I'd advise them to sort out the Tom Tom activation. Think mines a way off yet so hoping dealers are better experienced by then.
pinkaardvark is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-17, 02:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason69 View Post
Jason, thats not a broker deal thats a car lease deal from Nationwide Vehicle contracts. The other guys going the broker route are buying their cars not leasing them. Similar principle for delivery though although my lease company are supplying from the second closest dealer to where I live and have said I will collect the car from the dealership.
pauljos1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-17, 02:50 PM   #9

I'm new to leasing this is the first time so wasn't sure if broker was just a generic term for them but thanks for the info Paul
Jason69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-17, 04:07 PM   #10

Hi Guys,

I note you sometimes talk about an "order number". The dealer gave me a 5 digit number but I can't get anywhere with it. Are your order numbers just 5 digits or have I been misinformed?

Grumpy
grumpyoldgit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.