Peugeot Forums banner

Buying from a broker query

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Bassetlady 
#1 ·
I've bought my 3008 from a broker and it'll be pre registered. I was hoping to pick my car up from his dealership ( around 40 miles away). He has told me this morning that the car won't actually go to his dealership -he never sees it, instead it goes to the Peugeot dealership in the Midlands to be pdi'd then driven to me. He had already told me that you didn't want me to have the Peugeot order number because it's supposed to be a fleet sale and would look odd if I was enquiring about it. With this in mind I doubt I'll be able to pick it up from the Peugeot dealership myself, which is unfortunate as I would rather collect then have it driven to me. Is this the usual case when getting a pre reg car?

#2 ·
No simple answer i'm afraid. What you describe makes sense though if your buying on a deal where the car is a fleet purchase. The supplying dealer is not going to want to deal with you as the reason it's cheaper on fleet is because they don't have that overhead.

Not all broker deals are like this though, it is just one route to purchase. My DS5 which I bought through broker4cars, I just paid the broker their fee and got handed to a citroen dealer who supplied the car with citroen finance and delivered it on a low loader.

My current order is also through them but for the 3008 they are using a bulk purchase option, the car is franchise dealer supplied and will be registered first to me, but they don't want to give out the pug order number for similar reasons.

#3 ·
Ive ordered through a company called Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. As I understand it they place the order through a franchised dealer and when the dealer has the vehicle they will get in touch and someone brings the car to you. I ordered on the 13 Feb and originally it was showing eta 01 May but on last update that had been put back to 30 May. I seem to get an update email every 14 days or so from Nationwide

#10 ·
Hi Guys,

I note you sometimes talk about an "order number". The dealer gave me a 5 digit number but I can't get anywhere with it. Are your order numbers just 5 digits or have I been misinformed?

Grumpy

#13 ·
Thanks Pauljos1/Summerjunk.

I've ordered a new Traveller from a dealer and the order number on the paperwork is 5 digits. Would this be the correct number do you think, or do I need to go somewhere else for it?

Sorry to sound so thick, this is the first new motor I've bought in 30 years so I'm a bit new at this! The dealer is as much use as a chocky ashtray:nono:

Sorry to hijack the thread..

Grumpy

#15 ·
Thanks Bassetlady.

I'm surprised you are still on here and haven't thrown yourself off a cliff what with what happened to your new car.

If it happened to me, I'd be so angry..

Grumpy

#16 ·
Thank you for your sympathy Grumpy. I appreciate it! I've been reading all the posts off people who have been so chuffed at picking up their new cars (either just before I should have had mine and also just after) and because I'm naturally feeling really low and fed up at the moment I've seriously thought about coming off the forum until after I have my car. Unfortunately for me I keep having a sneaky view at the forum and I can't resist making the odd comment.

I haven't at any time considered throwing myself off a cliff however I would have no remorse whatsoever about throwing off either the low-life who did the damage or preferably, the valeters who didn't move my car into the workshop because "it was nearly time to go home" and then didn't have the decency to tell the salesman that they'd left it in the compound. I am extremely angry and upset but there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it at the moment apart from sit and wait.

I contacted the dealer's yesterday for an update and they've assured me that a) they keep checking the computers in case another one has appeared at another dealers elsewhere and b) that they are constantly pushing the body shop to get my car repaired. The latest time scale is 4-5 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.