Bonnet lid - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree21Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-05-17, 06:15 AM   #1

Default Bonnet lid

Is the bonnet lid opening handle is on passenger side door for RHD Vehicle? It took some time me to find the liver. Is this convenient? What is your experience?
jagath2005uk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-17, 06:24 AM   #2

It is on passenger side.
Ducatiz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 06:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatiz View Post
It is on passenger side.
For me it seems like very inconvenient.
jagath2005uk is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 19-05-17, 06:55 AM   #4

It's a French car so the handle is on the drivers side for homeland and the rest of europe. Just like the Laguna I had with the renault card key. The emergency lock barrel was in the passenger door on UK lhd cars but in France and the rest of europe it was in the drivers door.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 07:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
It's a French car so the handle is on the drivers side for homeland and the rest of europe. Just like the Laguna I had with the renault card key. The emergency lock barrel was in the passenger door on UK lhd cars but in France and the rest of europe it was in the drivers door.
That just says to me the French car manufacturer can't be bothered to transfer all controls over from LHD to RHD.
I've had other European vehicles and they transfer the bonnet release. My current Mercedes has it on the drivers side.
Old 19-05-17, 07:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards View Post
That just says to me the French car manufacturer can't be bothered to transfer all controls over from LHD to RHD.
I've had other European vehicles and they transfer the bonnet release. My current Mercedes has it on the drivers side.
That just says to me that you look for things to complain about. If it such a big problem for you then you know what to do next time you buy a car, make sure it's another merc
Roma likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19-05-17, 08:06 AM   #7

All the land rover's I've had have also been passenger side.
Never found it a problem , with today's engines the only reason to open it was for to top up wiper water once a month.
Ducatiz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 19-05-17, 08:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
That just says to me that you look for things to complain about. If it such a big problem for you then you know what to do next time you buy a car, make sure it's another merc
Negative, nothing whatsoever to do with complaining. I was merely making an observation, totally different to complaining.
Further, who said anything about it being a problem and please cut out the sarcasm in telling me if I do not like it then get Merc!
Nagaman and Bassetlady like this.
Old 19-05-17, 09:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Negative, nothing whatsoever to do with complaining. I was merely making an observation, totally different to complaining.
Further, who said anything about it being a problem and please cut out the sarcasm in telling me if I do not like it then get Merc!
I suggested something where you wouldn't have had the same observation (complaint) but you felt I was telling you to do something which you obviously dislike however, you feel it is perfectly ok for you to tell other people what to do.

Yes I realise you said please which in reality makes it a request but I was applying your viewpoint of what I wrote to your response

Last edited by storeman; 19-05-17 at 09:15 AM.
Old 19-05-17, 09:16 AM   #10

Quote:
I have to admit, that sounds like a complaint to me.
storeman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.