3008 (2017) Peugeot - RESALE - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 3008 > 3008 (2017+)
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-05-17, 03:05 AM   #1

Thumbs up 3008 (2017) Peugeot - RESALE

I'm starting to think that, for us private buyers, there is a significant chance that there will be sufficient demand for them, as second hand purchases, that for once(?) we won't get burnt.
Whatcha think?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-05-17, 05:24 AM   #2

Not much of a chance I would think. Everything revolves around the book price of the car and that is still going to depreciate the value using whatever formula they already use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-17, 05:27 AM   #3

To me it's a basic supply v demand question.
How many second hand Peugeots have been heavily sought after ?.

Old 17-05-17, 05:45 AM   #4
Super Moderator

The way they are currently selling them they'll be as common as the Astra so not holding out much hope for a good resale value as it would be a buyers market.
Old 17-05-17, 06:23 AM   #5

Used car values/depreciation is in the lap of the gods. Drive your new car away from the dealer and it's value can deprecate by anything up to 50% and it's influenced by supply and demand. At present the 3008 is in high demand and slow supply but what happens over the next 3 years is going to affect the residual values. The supply of 3 year old 3008's in 2020 is going to be plentiful as contracts expire and Peugeot has never been an ultra desirable marque. Other manufacturers are going to follow and build high tech SUVs which will impact on the used market but what is important is how the 3008 performs over the next 3 years and how the new car price increases. Manufacturer recalls and improvements, have a dramatic effect on car values as do car forums and motoring press comments. Glass's Guide, organisations like We Buy Any Car .com and Parkers virtually control the used markets and who knows how Brexit will influence matters? My guess is I expect my car to be worth 40 - 50% of the price paid new but not holding my breath. A better measure is the residual value being placed on rental contracts and mileage excesses, because there is no way these companies are going to be out of pocket at contract end,
noddy-hol likes this.
Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-17, 06:26 AM   #6

Our annual unit sales are a bit over 1M but PSA product sales are under 3K ! so it might be a bit different here.
Old 17-05-17, 06:34 AM   #7

Qashqai has been in the top 3 UK sales table since introduction, they're everywhere! I still got over the book price when I sold it.

3008 1.2 GT Line Pearl White
summerjunk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-17, 07:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerjunk View Post
Qashqai has been in the top 3 UK sales table since introduction, they're everywhere! I still got over the book price when I sold it.

That's what I'm hoping for this Peugeot which has never sold in big numbers before and hopefully becomes a breakout model.
Old 17-05-17, 08:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerjunk View Post

That just confirms my original statement that it all revolves around the book price. The book price is a guide for the trade and prices on individual models can be higher or lower dependent on condition, mileage etc.

Selling to a car dealer will usually mean a lower value than the book price whilst buying from a car dealer will more often than not attract a higher price tag than the book price. As the general public don't have easy access to the Glass's guides or Parkers (webuyanycar are not a good example as their quotes are well below the going rate) they aren't really in a position to know if a price is fair or not beyond comparing it with others cars of similar spec, age & condition. Yes you can get more than the book price but when the used car sale price is set too high, regardless of how popular the car may be, people will walk away if they can get a similar perceived more attractive marque at the same or even lower price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-05-17, 08:04 AM   #10

The big killer is that cars are simply white goods now.
So much choice and constant change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.