Peugeot 207 giveaway - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-03-11, 11:40 AM   #1

Thumbs up Peugeot 207 giveaway

Hi guys, hope this is the right place to post this.

If you head to the Peuegot Facebook page now and play the Whodunnit game, you'll be entered into a competition to win a free 207.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

You'll need a Facebook account to try it though, and you'll also need to like the page to try to game. And if you do enter, don't forget to check the confirmation email.

Anyway, good luck!
Iortame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-03-11, 05:05 PM   #2

I had a 207.

It was crap.

I couldn't give it away quick enough.
Old 22-03-11, 05:40 PM   #3

I'm not a particular fan of them... the 1.4 petrol is utter crap. The GF loves them tho, and has decided she really wants one, but its got to be a diesel
Old 22-03-11, 08:57 PM   #4

Mine was as shite as the 308 that replaced it was brilliant.
Old 22-03-11, 10:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper1192 View Post
Mine was as shite as the 308 that replaced it was brilliant.
I'm trying to figure that out, was your 308 shite or brilliant
steve m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-03-11, 10:59 AM   #6

308 was awesome mate. Loved it!
Old 23-03-11, 11:08 AM   #7

Would've thought you wouldn't have reserved opinions on these since you're so quick to defend motors when people slag them off. I know a lad who's had a 207 and loved it

Previous Cars
53 Plate Peugeot 307 HDI 110 Rapier
02 Plate Peugeot 307 HDI 110 GLX
R-Reg Peugeot 306 1.9 D Turbo
JazzJPH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-03-11, 02:56 PM   #8

I just didn't like it.

The drivers door nearly fell off, and despite 3 visits to a bodyshop they could not align it properly, which leads me to believe it was a major manufacturing defect with the vehicle.

The head gasket went at 9K, which is common (pug use a modified headset when they fail, so they know about it).

I can forgive all that though. i appreciate that individual cars have their problems. But I found the car to be fundamentally unsatisfactory in several other ways:

1) Ride was badly damped to be comfy, yet not firm enough to be sporty.

2) Poor legroom in the rear. Didn't bother me personally as i never sat there, but worse than the old fester and the current one too.

3) Far from the biggest boot in it's class - again, not a worry for me at the time, but a major failing.

4) Ride was badly damped to be comfy, yet not firm enough to be sporty. It was bad. I know I've mentioned this already, but it's such a major failing that it's worth mentioning twice!

5) Handling was mediocre, although it steered well.

6) It was slow. OK, it was the 1400, and I kinda expected this. However, it was also uneconomical, so one suffered the worst of both worlds. This was surprising - an engine with no redeeming features whatsoever, which must really have taken some doing!

7) The design itself is fudamentally bad - a careful look around the cabin shows exposed screwheads holding on trim, little things like that which show a lack of thought, time and expense during development.

8) The actual materials were of a good standard, but assembly was poor. Shut lines weren't brilliant, and gaps between panels in the interior trim were more inconsistent than a politician.

It's an ok car, but ok isn't good enough and the current Fiesta came along and kicked it seriously in the nuts. Pug created the 107 and 308, both of which are up there rubbing shoulders with the best in the class, so we know what they're capable of when they pull their finger out. It's a poor performing, poorly designed vehicle, and while the whole package sort of comes together it's a very disappointing 'nearly' car. Desperation to get it into production to replace the elderly 206 ruined the ship for a ha'porth o' tar.

I was going to reject it after the head gasket debacle, but when they gave woman a 308 loan car I was blown away and traded the Poo-07 straight away for one. i never even got it back from the workshop, never saw it again.

The 308 did nearly everything very well, and everything else acceptably well, and rattled up to 30k miles in a very short space of time with no problemo. I'd still have it now (or another) but we needed a slightly larger boot to accommodate a wheelchair by then, so the 3008 it was. And now I've got one that actually works as it should, I can confirm the 3008 is probably the best all round, the most well balanced, the most widely capable car I've ever owned.

The 207 just isn't up to modern class standards, and never was. Alas, it's what woman wanted at the time and I'm pleased enough bits fell off it quickly to show her the light.

A lot, indeed much, of my slagging off is aimed at folk who buy high mileage old smokers, often with no history, often well below market value thinking they've bagged a bargain, and then bitch and moan when it breaks. The 407 is a case in point - it's a large, expensive to run, complex car, and anyone who buys a 7 year old example and realistically expects it to run forever without equally large, expensive and complex problems deserves to have their bumps felt.

My other pet hate is folk who blindly buy used cars form dealers, make the 2nd biggest investment of their lives and don't have it professionally inspected, and then moan when they find it was 2 cars welded together. Or they buy it, it breaks, and they spend more time moaning and bitching on here, time that is better spent dealing with the matter properly and addressing the issue. You'll recall my 1st 3008 had some horrendous problems - however, aside from a couple of posts to keep you updated I stuck to my guns and rejected it, and PSA swiftly replaced it, supported as I was by a very helpful dealer. Job done, problem very swiftly resolved, one very happy customer.

It ain't rocket science, and if people think coming on here and slagging off Peugeot, or the model, or the dealer, or Honest John, or Trading Standards, or anything like that will get them 1 inch closer to having their car fixed/replaced, then they're sadly mistaken.

I owned a 207, and didn't like it for the reasons cited above. When you buy one Jazz, then you can tell us whether you liked it or not was well. Perhaps you will, then that's fine by me. As it is, I hated ours and wouldn't have another, even if it were free (well, i would but I'd sell it, though you catch my drift )

Last edited by chopper1192; 23-03-11 at 03:11 PM.
chopper1192 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-03-11, 05:16 PM   #9
Super Moderator

So there!

Current Cars:
'11 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0cdti 160 SRI VX-line '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI '92 Vauxhall Nova 1.4 (Project)
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-03-11, 06:39 PM   #10

Haha!

Fair enough. Though if you had got the better spec engine your grumbling would lessen. Fair enough like, I might just enter the competition to sell it again

Previous Cars
53 Plate Peugeot 307 HDI 110 Rapier
02 Plate Peugeot 307 HDI 110 GLX
R-Reg Peugeot 306 1.9 D Turbo
JazzJPH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.