Depollution Fault, Loss of Power - 207Gti 175THP 07 Reg - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-11, 09:24 PM   #1

Default Depollution Fault, Loss of Power - 207Gti 175THP 07 Reg

Please can someone help with diagnosing the problems I face with my peugeot.

Car is just under 4 years old. 35600 Miles

The Depollution Light has been on for sometime now, initially going off intermittently.

The car is very limp, no power often difficult to get above 40mph. Foot to floor accelerates very slowly.

The engine judders and splutters. Will calm down after a short time but still judders.

To prevent siginicant judders, I often pull over turning the engine off, this resets the sensation but doesnt remove it completely.

The fan engages whether hot or cold for a few minutes, whether engine running or not.

I have tried almost everything.

Changed the Cam Sensor;
Had the four coils replaced recently (although only one not sending signals); mechanic noticed that my turbo wasn't working (oil had spilled onto Vacuum pipe following a botch job by peugeot garage causing the vacuum pipe to soften and block the air travelling through to turbo)
Fixed my turbo;
Used Redex to sort out fuel mix;
Reset ECU a number of times.

After the repairs car worked fine for about 30 minutes, it reverted to the above problems, when I was in 4th gear into 40mph.

Mechanic says that I may have a problem with my CAT as it may be blocked from all the gunk that the engine throws out but doesn't clear due to blockages.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix once and for all?
jmlng is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-11, 09:28 PM   #2
Super Moderator

If the coil wasn`t working right , fuel would have been fired into the Cat the whole time you where driving , i would be looking there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bettyswollocks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-11, 09:36 PM   #3

So as a result of one of the coils being broken, does that mean the CAT would have blocked? is there a cleaner for the CAT or does it need to be replaced? (I was told that there is a "cleaner fluid" but only available in Italy.)

Do you have any ideas on the costs involved here replacing CAT as I have just spent a packet.

Old 03-04-11, 09:45 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Don`t know about labour but would hazard a guess at around 120 for a cat , personally if it was me i would drill a big hole through the middle of it and cross my fingers at the MOT ,its a fresh enough car so emissions should be low and if it failed you be right back at buying a CAT, but just wait to see if any of the other guys have an idea.

bettyswollocks is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-11, 06:15 PM   #5
Super Moderator

What are the fault codes in the engine ecu?
davidireland is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-11, 08:49 PM   #6

It's a common thing with the 207 thp engines. I had it with my 207 GT.

The fault with mine was down to an engine timing problem relating to the cam sprockets slipping on the camshaft.

Check Peugeot 207 Owners Club - 207oc.com as there's loads of threads there about it.

The depollution fault was the reason I sold my 207, it was a shame really as it was a great little car
graeme is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-11, 01:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
What are the fault codes in the engine ecu?
too many that i didn't bother with recording the rest. but as a result of them the above "fixes" were carried out.

The ones I do recall were the p1336 and p1374.
Old 05-04-11, 01:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme View Post
It's a common thing with the 207 thp engines. I had it with my 207 GT.

The fault with mine was down to an engine timing problem relating to the cam sprockets slipping on the camshaft.

Check Peugeot 207 Owners Club - 207oc.com as there's loads of threads there about it.

The depollution fault was the reason I sold my 207, it was a shame really as it was a great little car
Did the fixes to the timing and Sprockets not fix it then?
Old 05-04-11, 05:58 PM   #9

Default Depollution Fault, Loss of Power - 207Gti 175THP 07 Re

I would hazard a guess with those error codes that your cam timing is out, the symptoms you describe sound like timing issues. You will need a dealer to check unless you have access to the timing gauges.

Geoff

See this link

http://etuners.gr/en/index.php?s=12&t=167

Last edited by geoffs207gti; 05-04-11 at 06:25 PM.
geoffs207gti is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-11, 06:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffs207gti View Post
I would hazard a guess with those error codes that your cam timing is out, the symptoms you describe sound like timing issues. You will need a dealer to check unless you have access to the timing gauges.

Geoff
Geoff I have had the cam sensor changed. What other bits need changing? I'm making a very long list to take to the mechanic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.