207 Add Cruise Control + Speed Limit? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 207
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-11, 10:59 AM   #1

Question 207 Add Cruise Control + Speed Limit?

I have an '09 207 1.6HDI without cruise and want to add it. I also have a copy of Planet.

I've read the posts on cruise and am not sure if I should go for Cruise only or Cruise+speed limiter?

My car handbook shows the (optional) cruise control as having the speed limiter function.

The switches on the clutch and brake seem to work & there is a socket for the cruise behind the wheel - BUT will I need a new accelerator pedal for the speed limit function to work? I.e. is there supposed to be a stiff area of the pedal movement at the bottom of travel to override the speed limiter? Will the speed limiter work without it?

In other words, have any other 207 users successfully added cruise+speed limit?
Hammerter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-05-11, 08:50 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i beleive the speed limiter is computer controlled, for example if you set the limiter to 70mph, you can floor the accelerator (under normal circumstances) and it will not increase revs or speed but the pedal will feel normal. however this system can be bypassed by what is called a kick down...as you need the ability to accellerate out of scenerios.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Used to Own:
Peugeot 307 1.6 Rapier, 4 cyl, 16V, Go-Go Juice, 5 door, 2001, blue

Now currently Owns:

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 10:25 PM   #3
Super Moderator

307 had a button on the bottom of the pedal as an override.

Current Cars:
'11 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0cdti 160 SRI VX-line '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI '92 Vauxhall Nova 1.4 (Project)
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-05-11, 12:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerter View Post
I have an '09 207 1.6HDI without cruise and want to add it. I also have a copy of Planet.

I've read the posts on cruise and am not sure if I should go for Cruise only or Cruise+speed limiter?

My car handbook shows the (optional) cruise control as having the speed limiter function.

The switches on the clutch and brake seem to work & there is a socket for the cruise behind the wheel - BUT will I need a new accelerator pedal for the speed limit function to work? I.e. is there supposed to be a stiff area of the pedal movement at the bottom of travel to override the speed limiter? Will the speed limiter work without it?

In other words, have any other 207 users successfully added cruise+speed limit?
Hi, you can buy the cruise control remote with speed limiter, fit it, activate the two options in BSI, ECU...etc
if speed limiter works, fine! if it doesn't, deactivate it in planet, and keep the same stalk for cruise control only
thats what i did once on my 307
Regards
m3mpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-05-11, 05:15 PM   #5

I was hoping to find another 207 driver that had done this upgrade.

I appreciate the comments from 307 drivers, but they are not quite the same car!

Only advertised factory Cruise for a 207 I have seen is Cruise + Speed limiter that's why I'm hesitant about adding a Cruise-only control
Old 16-06-11, 10:09 AM   #6

I have been searching for this.

Found this link.

Peugeot 207 cruise control retrofit - Overclockers UK Forums

Supports the fit stalk, and amned the ECU etc.
george207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-06-11, 10:12 AM   #7

I have been searching for this too.

A google search of this "207 cruise control remote" revealed a post on Overclockers which supports the idea it is simply buy stalk, and fit, and amend settings in ECU etc.

I just need to find a stalk now.
Old 16-06-11, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by george207 View Post
I have been searching for this too.

A google search of this "207 cruise control remote" revealed a post on Overclockers which supports the idea it is simply buy stalk, and fit, and amend settings in ECU etc.

I just need to find a stalk now.
I agree, but my quest was to get Cruise + Speed Limiter working on my 207.
After buying a stalk with Cruise+Speed Limit and amending settings I found I can get Cruise OK, but the Speed limit function will NOT work, even though you can select it on the stalk. I believe this is because my (std) throttle pedal does not have the kick-down switch which the speed limiter uses according to the car user manual. I suppose this is not too surprising.

So, at the moment, my advice if you have a 207 and want cruise is to buy a cruise-only stalk (on ebay?) which you will find is cheaper than the stalk that includes speed limiter, as you won't get the speed limiter function anyway.

If I can find a way around this I will tell all! However, I don't want to buy a throttle pedal + kick-down switch in the hope it will fix this as I think this is a rather expensive way to go.

Maybe I can find a way to fool the controller there is a kick-down switch present? Personally, I wouldn't mind using the speed limiter without the ability to kick-down to override it.

Anyone have the wiring information on this kick-down pedal and what it connects to?
Old 16-06-11, 12:53 PM   #9

Cruise only suits me fine.

Does anyone have the part number for non speed limiter?
Old 16-06-11, 01:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by george207 View Post
Cruise only suits me fine.

Does anyone have the part number for non speed limiter?
Take a look at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/marc.z/...20Retrofit.ppt

I think that covers all you need to know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.