replacement front coil spring problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 206
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-13, 02:03 PM   #1

Default replacement front coil spring problem

hi folks, i'm new to this forum but would appreciate any helpful advice you could give. i own a 52 plate Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi and have recently replaced a few bits and bobs for it's m.o.t. the problem i'm having is with the after market front suspension coil springs i fitted, THERE JUST NOT RIGHT. apart from the fact the front end is pointing at the sky the whole geometry of the suspension and steering is off and it's damaging the front tyres at quite an alarming rate. i spoke to the supplier 3 times and got them to check the part code and 3 times they said that they are the correct springs for the car. i would be grateful if anyone could suggest a decent after market spring that will help me get my pug back to normal or are the genuine Peugeot springs the only way to sort it out. ?
fiestyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-13, 02:54 PM   #2

Assuming that the springs are correctly fitted, If it's possible, take the car to the suppliers to show them what they are doing to the car and ask them to explain exactly how the springs are correct
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-13, 02:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestyfox View Post
hi folks, i'm new to this forum but would appreciate any helpful advice you could give. i own a 52 plate Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi and have recently replaced a few bits and bobs for it's m.o.t. the problem i'm having is with the after market front suspension coil springs i fitted, THERE JUST NOT RIGHT. apart from the fact the front end is pointing at the sky the whole geometry of the suspension and steering is off and it's damaging the front tyres at quite an alarming rate. i spoke to the supplier 3 times and got them to check the part code and 3 times they said that they are the correct springs for the car. i would be grateful if anyone could suggest a decent after market spring that will help me get my pug back to normal or are the genuine Peugeot springs the only way to sort it out. ?
i have just had these fitted to my car and had no problems at all hope this helps
Peugeot 206 2.0 GTI Hatchback 1998-2012 FK AK Street 20mm-60mm Coilovers Kit | eBay
sambelsher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-13, 07:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Assuming that the springs are correctly fitted, If it's possible, take the car to the suppliers to show them what they are doing to the car and ask them to explain exactly how the springs are correct
the springs were fitted correctly. as for taking it to the suppliers i did offer to do this but was told that they are not mechanics, they merely supply parts and that it was company policy not to comment on any vehicle.
Old 09-02-13, 07:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambelsher View Post
i have just had these fitted to my car and had no problems at all hope this helps
Peugeot 206 2.0 GTI Hatchback 1998-2012 FK AK Street 20mm-60mm Coilovers Kit | eBay
had a look at the link you left SAM but they don't do them for the model i have, cheers anyway mate.
Old 09-02-13, 07:14 PM   #6

Tell them the parts are not correct they are not fit for the purpose return them for a refund buy elsewhere simples
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-13, 07:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Tell them the parts are not correct they are not fit for the purpose return them for a refund buy elsewhere simples
that's why i joined this forum, to see if anyone could recommend a decent after market spring so i could get my pug back to normal. did not really want to pay peugeot prices but if i have to bite the bullet then so be it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.