Peugeot 206 'Engine Diagnostics warning light' - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 206
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-06, 05:30 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 206 'Engine Diagnostics warning light'

HELP!! Sudden loss of power, then the warning light comes on. Has occasionally cut out but other times moves albeit slowly when foot is firmly on the accelerator. Been to Peugeot main dealer three times and had 1) A download (whatever that means-anybody know?) 2) A new coil pack and new plugs and leads 3) A new throttle.
Not sure whether latest 'fix' has worked as too soon to tell! Has anybody had similar problems?
Snoopy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-03-07, 09:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy18
HELP!! Sudden loss of power, then the warning light comes on. Has occasionally cut out but other times moves albeit slowly when foot is firmly on the accelerator. Been to Peugeot main dealer three times and had 1) A download (whatever that means-anybody know?) 2) A new coil pack and new plugs and leads 3) A new throttle.
Not sure whether latest 'fix' has worked as too soon to tell! Has anybody had similar problems?

Yeah Same happened me about a year ago. they replaced the coil pack and the dealer advised if the problem came back it would need a complete replacement of whatever the coil sits in .....my light is now back on but the car seems to be running fine for now.....
GarethMc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-03-07, 09:58 AM   #3

Quote:

Yeah Same happened me about a year ago. they replaced the coil pack and the dealer advised if the problem came back it would need a complete replacement of whatever the coil sits in .....my light is now back on but the car seems to be running fine for now.....
GarethMc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-03-07, 05:21 PM   #4
Peugeot Mod

Quote:

A download is just an update for your cars (ecu) computer.
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-07, 08:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Yes, I have exactly the same problem with my 307 HDI. The read out indicates a problem around the ERG system (the reuse of exhaust). I have had my glowplugs, a magnetic valve and a few other things changed, but so far to no avail. My local repair workshop and a Peugoet workshop read out also indicates an unknown error code 4408. Has anybody got a good answer?
Anders Heding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-03-07, 03:16 PM   #6
Peugeot Mod

Smile

Quote:

Could be no end of things,
Plugs, leads, coil(s), air temp sensor, coolant temp sensor, ECU, injector, fuel pressure regulator, etc. Oh and before somebody else says it, Head gasket.
What is the history what have they checked, have they read the fault codes?

Another thought is that it could be the manifold pressure sensor
the moose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-09-09, 09:15 PM   #7

I have been experiencing same problem with my 207. I am just driving along and engine totally cuts out and power steering is lost. VERY DANGEROUS, have just been lucky that no cars have been behind me as would have caused serious accident. Car has been back to Peugeot approx 5/6 times in 2 weeks and new software has been downloaded, fuel lines changed, fuel filter changed etc etc but still problem persists. After reading numerous posts on various websites about this problem beginning to wonder if Peugeot need to consider a recall before someone is seriously hurt.....
unhappy207owner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-09-09, 09:29 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by unhappy207owner
I have been experiencing same problem with my 207. I am just driving along and engine totally cuts out and power steering is lost. VERY DANGEROUS, have just been lucky that no cars have been behind me as would have caused serious accident. Car has been back to Peugeot approx 5/6 times in 2 weeks and new software has been downloaded, fuel lines changed, fuel filter changed etc etc but still problem persists. After reading numerous posts on various websites about this problem beginning to wonder if Peugeot need to consider a recall before someone is seriously hurt.....

Read this -

! 206 Deadly fault !!!
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-08-10, 10:00 PM   #9

Default Redex

I had a similar problem with the wife's 1.1 52 plate 206. The light was on and it was running poorly for a few months. The local exhaust type garage changed the coil pack to no effect, put the old one back on and changed the spark plugs, cost 40. They recommended a diagnostic check at the dealer. Dealers report (another 40) said that it needed new spark plugs!, a coil pack, coil pack harness and a catalytic converter at a cost of 1170 but the guy suggested it was BER and should be scrapped. Took it back to the exhaust garage (good guy ex army) who said it couldn't be the plugs, was unlikely to be the catalyst but could be the coil harness or something else. They checked with another of their garages who had a Peugeot expert and the conclusion was that a lot of work could be done with no guarantee of success and they advised me to scrap the car. In Tesco that night, spotted the Redex (3.60), added it to the petrol tank and it is running like a dream, no more problems. Now I have to work out how to get the light off!
thechwanpug likes this.
donald7505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-11, 08:17 PM   #10

I have the exact same problem on my 206 1.4. The light mainly flashes on and off but then now and again stays on perminent. There is also a spluttering noise through my exhaust once i reach over 20 000 rpm or 30mph and that is when the loss of power comes into it and the light comes on. Wondering if this is a serious issue or a bad batch of fuel. Struggled to gert up a small incline in second!! and on a 50 mile journey, foot flat to the floor had a maximum ov 50mph out of her!! any suggestions!?
thechwanpug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.