Clutch Cable - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 206
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-11, 10:53 PM   #1

Default Clutch Cable

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some information on replacing my clutch cable in my 2005 Peugeot 206 S 1.4 petrol. I believe there could be a problem with the cable or the clutch pedal, as when I depressed the pedal it would make clicking noises, and it wouldn't travel in a smooth motion.

Any help would be appreciated. I've got to get it home first though!!

Thanks
Manners07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-14, 03:35 PM   #2

Probably the self adjuster going pear shaped. The self adjuster is integral to the cable and is a sort of plastic ratchet. You probably require a new cable which is fiddly to fit It helps to have someone to assist by pushing and pulling the engine end of the cable when released and a length of stiff wire to unclip the pedal end. There is a weak spring clip on the pedal haolding the end on the hooked end of the cable. You will have to remove the battery (following correct BSI procedure) and battery tray-3 bolts. You will have to remove the expansion water bottle and support bracket-3 bolts. Only release the self adjuster when the cable is fully fitted. Full description here;- http://www.partinfo.co.uk/files/FL000122.pdf
mawgan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.